User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Redo Squad SL Req

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey hey I've desided that all the effort and time used on Req/squad req is kinda lame and almost completely pointless. Only wasting TOO MUCH time, Like miss first drop amounts of time sometimes, while being really really pointless. Like here check this.

If there's enough webbings in all the reqs for everyone who wants them to get one, we might as well make it free so SL's and Req dont need to worry about it and marines don't need to spend their points on them. Like if I need webbing as a PFC who gets any kinda of kit then I need to go to a req and just ask, but why should I need to ask when theres always enough.

Same with Machetes, there's so many of them if someone wants them they should just be able to have it, why restrict it, especially when machete's are more a tool thats pretty niche.

M1911 pistol, after all my use of it, is a weak as fuck gun. No need to restrict it, should prolly come in the vet kit tbh.

Pouches that aren't first aid are hardly used unless youre a special role. Why make them a req thing when we could just let people have whatever noob trap they want to have. Especially when you dont need them unless your a PFC that gets a special kit like mini-engi or mini-medic, which come with the needed pouches right?.

Holsters, why is it such a pain in the ass to get a holster. Theres sometimes were like, as a medic, if I want to have a pistol holster on my armor, I need to go to Req, when really, I should just be able to vend one like the good ol days in squad prep. And like the m39 holster? That thing is ass why's that limited? No one bothers because no one wants that shit.

Basically really, all req should have is like; AP/Extendo ammo, Smartpistol (guns shit but there shouldnt be a lot in play) and like, BC/Smartscope/BFA/QF?? Like even the attachments are old at this point. they dont do enough unless its a BC or Smartscope, or a L42 with a QF, so like, realllllly people should just have more then enough points to make the kit they wanna, And Medics/Engis/whoever else should have attachment points seperate to their loadout points because that straves them of attachments or forces them to gut their kit which is a dumb noob trap.

I feel like I had a stroke writing this so its totally gonna be ass to read hope you fuckin enjoyed.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im still sad they didn't add the WO bundle part of my suggestion as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have played SL quite a lot, and the mechanic works just fine.

I get up, go to my prep, dress up, get belt, pouches, etc hit req

Vend my weapons from the req and modify with attachments while doing req. I stay at req till around 12:15 and then ask spec to take over and finish to grab remaining of my stuff. (SL doesnt have to kit every single marine, others can hit main req)

I sometimes miss briefing or get a little late but never the drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honest to god don't see a problem with SL req. Like, Instead of gearing up and sitting in brief for like 15 minutes with your hands up your ass (Not including the 5 PERCENT that hit up medbay), you get to help marines gear up faster. It's not even mandatory, just vend everything, leave the window open and go do whatever the fuck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think SL req highlights one of the big drawbacks to attachments, the UI.

There is no good sorting, and the UI bugs up to the point that when you click the vendor, the UI doesn't show up sometimes, and then your bugged forever to not be able to access the vendor unless you reconnect; even then, sometimes that doesn't fix it or you open the vendor once, close the UI window, then are back to the same problem.

Tl;dr the UI is shit and really needs an overhaul.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, why don't they just remove the squad UI and give PFCs a lot more points, a good req just vends everything and lets people take their pick anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Among the gadget mentioned on the list, which one is the best?
    https://meritmeter.com/!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give the spec and smartgunner access to the squad req, they both have alot more sparetime than the SL and are usually the go to second in command anyway (and very often the SL as barely anyone rolls for SL these days). Would fix all problems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    Give the spec and smartgunner access to the squad req, they both have alot more sparetime than the SL and are usually the go to second in command anyway (and very often the SL as barely anyone rolls for SL these days). Would fix all problems.
    Specs already have full access to squad req. I agree that SG should have it as well, they take the least time to gear up and have a lot of idle time while everyone else is getting ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just add a req voucher or two to SL ready room. SL gives it to a PFC or two and instructs them to man the desk. When applied to tags, the voucher gives req access and is consumed. Problem solved