User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Redo Squad SL Req

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidChan View Post
    Just add a req voucher or two to SL ready room. SL gives it to a PFC or two and instructs them to man the desk. When applied to tags, the voucher gives req access and is consumed. Problem solved
    I like this idea, any solution that requires some player interaction is a good one imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RaddishRed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    Give the spec and smartgunner access to the squad req, they both have alot more sparetime than the SL and are usually the go to second in command anyway (and very often the SL as barely anyone rolls for SL these days). Would fix all problems.
    Specs already have full access to squad req. I agree that SG should have it as well, they take the least time to gear up and have a lot of idle time while everyone else is getting ready.
    Yea the KISS method. No need for vouchers or anything else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe im crazy but I think they should just add more things to PFC vendors and grant them more loadout points.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maaaaybe the only thing I'd suggest to change is to make the PFC's points pool 50 instead of 45, to encourage them a bit more to proactively vend attachies/accesories they need themselves instead of begging reqs for their limited stocks.

The current squad req access system is fine by me, it's great to delegate req to a spec because, at least for me, gearing up as an SL takes up by far the most time out of all the marine roles for me. On several occasions it made me even miss the first drop because I had problems kitting out to my liking, serving req and attending briefing and doing other standard RP all within the alloted time period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have played SL a lot as Xander Vegas and if marines hit the req fast, I mostly dish out all the orders around 12:12 and have around 8 minutes to gear up which is plenty for me.

I hit the req with my weapons, get my attachies and stuff while doing lines, and after that get my meds and vend stuff from my prep for other marines.
    Few Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, an idea that could work is after say, 12:30 when all of the SLs and Specs deploy, the Squad Req vendors "unlock" so marines can just use it and get what they need instead of having to bug Req for attachments.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could just give PFC more points and expand the options on what they could buy instead. That was the entire point of PFCpoints anyway, making gearing up faster.

As it is right now, buying attachments with PFC points is a total ripoff due to how few points you get. Seriously, they could just expand on this thing instead of adding another job for another role that only applies before first drop (SL manning squad req) or an already busy role to go to every single squad req after said first role leaving it and vending everything from them (RO vending all the stuff from squad req after SLs leave) instead because NO ONE wants to play as glorified vending machine entire round.

Seriously, who the fuck thought that it's a good idea?