User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keys to the Kingdom - Character Acquisition (Characters Wanted)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keys to the Kingdom - Character Acquisition (Characters Wanted)

So, after looking over Dork(keli)'s character sign-up for his story Aftermath, it gave me a bit of an idea to do one of these myself...because it's not like I don't have too much on my plate already. I have no idea how long this will be, but I intend to intermittently write as a break from the other thing I have to write for a different server, in order to use the two as relief from each other. I currently do not have anything written out, but will get started once I meet a certain quota of people. Below will be the list of roles that I'll be taking people for, as well as the name of the person granted that role. I do already have things in mind for the effect fates and roles of certain groups, so be aware that signing up for something may have surprising results.

This is the basic premise for the story:

The United States Marine Corps Vessel "USS Almayer" has been ordered to deploy to the "USMS Jericho", a military station with assets of the Corporation with the purpose of producing and testing experimental weapons. The station entered Code Black protocols approximately 79 hours ago, with a distress transmission being repeated constantly from the vessels transmitter: "Code Black status engaged. Requesting immediate assistance and evacuation via United States forces. Standard evacuation procedures impossible. Hostile vessel within range of station. Weapon systems non-functional." This broadcast repeated for approximately 51 hours before abruptly ceasing, though all readings indicate the station remaining at Code Black status. The USS Almayer is to move into range of the station and begin scanning for the vessel, as well as deploying forces to enforce evacuation from the station to the Almayer. Bravo and Charlie have just been sent down as first responders, with Alpha and Delta loading up for a second wave if needed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Use the following template in a message below to try to get a character into this:
    Character Name:
    Requested Role:
    Physical Description:
    Character Traits:

Note that 'character traits' can range from leads as to how your character will act in the scenario to the kind of equipment they use. The less detail I get here, the more freedom you're signing me up to have. If you're playing in what sounds like a more important role, I'd ask for a bit more here.

Please do not post non-applications here. If you have questions, I have an inbox on this forum, and an account on the discord (same name).
    Last edited by Novus Luna; 05-21-2019 at 03:01 AM.
    Captain Cyrus Ambrose
    "Remember, Marines...you are giving these things a mercy by killing. Fighting you more is the alternative to their death."

Ikthala N'ritja
    "Of course this is entertaining...one does not always need to hunt to enjoy it, but merely sit back and enjoy the show that our prey and their prey provide."

Gabriel
    "While you mourn for the lost learn from this. Like Cain, all of you as kin are marked by the Lord, that anything done unto you, you all return seven-fold."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the story, chief.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character Name: Alyx Einzberm
    Requested Role: Delta Squad Leader
    Physical Description: A Medium Age Woman with a Semi-long White hair, her tall is over 5,5' Feets (1.69 centimetres), She have a small scar on her left eye which is covered with a patch, her other eye is red due a extended period of drugs and torture.

Character Traits: Due her past She lost her left eye partially disabling her view, she's LOYAL to the USCM and secretly agaisn't W-Y, She carries a small pill bottle with some unknown pills ( I'll leave the type to you).

She control herself on panic situations being able to calm down her squad on the worst moment.

I'll leave the rest on your hands.
    Last edited by edgardo; 05-15-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ayyy I'm in time for this one, the character's dossier attached in case it helps

Character Name: Maria Ivanovna
    Requested Role: Charlie Squad Engineer
    Physical Description: 5 Foot 4 inches, Red-Brown hair in a ponytail, hazel-green eyes, slightly underweight, round and soft Russian face (you know, Slavs)
    Character Traits: More technician/mechanic or construction worker than, say, demolitions or heavy weapons operator. Talks in straightforward "Russian" manner, direct and to the point. Can't really effectively wield anything larger or heavier than an M39 or M1911 unless really desperate. Also will Never leave behind her scarf or cassette, other item is just a meme. Speaks, in order of fluency, Russian (native) > Spanish > English. Anything more you can get from dossier or ask if needed

May the writing Gods bless this project and keep characters from licking their eyebrows or leaning on all the walls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character Name: John 'Cigs' Moriarty
    Requested Role: Alpha Squad Leader
    Physical Description:An old man aged 56, he is 5'9 with a long glorious white beard and balding grey hair. He has mean looking eyes and a terribly aged face. He is relatively in shape. He's Caucasian without any discernible ancestry.
    Character Traits: He constantly is seen smoking and is usually in an "aggressive" mood. He is usually seen with an M44 and a flamethrower. For his age he usually is somewhat immature but doesn't throw his rank around. He has a grudge against bravo marines that has gotten him into some trouble.

Junior Member NewOriginalSchwann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A work of fiction that needs a synthetic? Sign me up!

Character Name: Yin
    Requested Role: Almayer Synthetic
    Physical Description: A synthetic resembling a middle-aged Chinese woman, perhaps in her mid-forties. Yin is unnaturally tall for a woman at 6�0�, thin, seemingly middle-aged, and blandly professional in the manner of a college professor � so much so that you would take her for a classical literature professor on first glance if you had actually gotten an education instead of joining the USCM. Her neatly kept shoulder length hair is starting to go grey (or at least it seems to be � who can tell with a synth?). She is constantly clad in a drab brown uniform with an equally drab overcoat, and is constantly seen with a radio headset in order to better understand four squads of marines talking over one another. She is also, you know, entirely synthetic.
    Character Traits: As the neighborhood friendly synthetic Yin is meant to be an educator for the often woefully trained marines of the U.S.S. Almayer, filling in what gaps were left by boot camp. Education of marines aside she can typically be seen seconded to bravo squad for engineering or field medical support, hunched over a badly injured marine or line of metal barriers. Yin is a very, very dry woman that seems to move through her �life� with a constant sense of bored semi-detachedness. While a marine will scream or cry upon seeing the decapitated body of the Captain, she will merely view it as a situation in which she can do nothing productive and move on after a few words (if that). This natural blandness means it will take something very, very hectic to make Yin raise her voice. Inherent boredom aside Yin has a habit of describing things in an extremely literal manner and not mincing her words � to the point where she can come off as wry.

Well, that's nearly 300 words so I think I've written enough. Let me know if you'll need anything else.
    A player with too many character names.

Also I play Yin, the synthetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character Name: Mark �Sherman� Wilson
    Requested Role: Almayer Commanding Officer
    Physical Description: Mark is 6 foot 4. Around 200 pounds I�d say, maybe more. About 40 years old, black hair, blue eyes. Scare on the left side of his face. Look at my profile picture for some reference.
    Character Traits: He�s has one of those typical American leader attitudes, kind of like the drill seargent from full metal jacket, but not as clever with his words. His most used insult would be calling people maggots. He is good under pressure, and is prideful. Doesn�t like to retreat, but will if there�s no other option. Hates insubordination, and loves nothing more than sweet justice. Usually follows the procedures to the book. Loyal as fuck to the USCM. Usually shows no mercy to the enemies of the USCM. Usually takes anything involving duty seriously.

PS: Wrote this on my phone, sorry if anything looks retarded
    Last edited by Tactical 445; 05-15-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    Commanding Officer Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical 445 View Post
    PS: Wrote this on my phone, sorry if anything looks retarded
    Ew noo A Youtja CO

Pd: You always look retarded hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    Ew noo A Youtja CO

No u nigga. I�ve been a proud CO for like a year ????
    Commanding Officer Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    Ew noo A Youtja CO

But you ain�t have to roast me like that