Byond ID?
    LocalizedDownpour

Marine Name
    Athena Monroe

Other Whitelist Applications
    I had a Predator App on the old forum

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Taiga

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    I am.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Some examples of being allowed to engage in combat would be:

o Protecting patients while healing marines on the planet

o A Xeno getting on the dropship and slashing people

o Emergency situation, like being cornered while the ship is being boarded.

Synthetic Character Story
    ...It had been three days, the Colony barely looked as if it had once housed a human populace given the state of it's blown out buildings and deep craters. It had been three days in the remains of a library, Taiga sitting with the Command staff of the Falling Falcons as they huddled around a map of the Colony, battlelines drawn.

"This is nonsense! They're making us fight for every alley, every blasted inch of this backwater, they're nothing but boys, playing soldier with stolen weapons!"

Icy blue eyes fell on the exasperated Commander. Taiga was dressed in Marine fatigues, but unlike the others she wore no armor, just a simple patch of the battalion she was assigned to, a hand to his shoulder as she gave it a squeeze, though her stoic expression never changed. It looked as if she was about to speak but the whine of mortar shells cut her off, and the subsequent explosions of the makeshift Command Center being torn asunder, quickly drowned out but the shouting Commander

"Marines! Action Stations!"

The chatter of gunfire and shouts as men took up defensive positions and returned fire, it was then Taiga sprung to action, her attention first on her Commander, red stains leaking out from his armor as he barked orders to the defending marines,

"Commander. You're wounded...Allow me to..."

A shake of the Commanders head, pointing to the firing line that had taken form, the man sitting back in his chair, the pooling blood had gotten far worse and it didn't take much longer for him to pass out due to blood loss. Moving quickly, Taiga collected her bag and crouched low to avoid incoming fire, stopping near a frantic marine and a hard working medic trying to patch a nasty wound on the mans gut.

"Please hold him down. His flailing will make these wounds worse."

Her tone was even, calm, even as dirt rained down on the trio and rounds snapped over them. From her bag she pulled a set of clean tools, not quite a surgery set but it would do. Dexterous hands pulled fragments of metal from the screaming marines torso, so focused on her task of getting the man into a stable condition.

"You will be fine...the pain will only be temporary, jus-"

Though she would be cut off as two rounds entered her torso, knocking her over on her side, milky 'blood' staining her otherwise immaculate uniform. Patting her side and carefully lifting herself up to assess the damage she would try to get right back to work, the two marines looking to her with a degree of shock

"I would get down if I were you...I doubt I will have the time to pull bullets from you as well."

Applying pressure bandages soaked in a coagulating formula to the injuried marine she would grab him by the neck of his armor, her tote bag in the other.

"I will be back. Get men too wounded to fight here and I will get them off the front and treat them properly in safer conditions. I will see if I cannot get help routed here as well."

With a Nod to the medic that she had been assisting, Taiga would get to moving that Marine out of the Library and to a more quiet area of the Colony, a tent that had been erected as a field hospital some distance back. She wouldn't stay to see the results, or even if the marine she had been carrying was still conscious before she rushed back to that fervored battle, the ones too wounded to fight top of her concerns, and while the battle was turning in favor of the marines, Taiga's role in the operation ended there as several more rounds would penetrate her frame and she toppled over, unable to move, the last thing she remembered before powering down being moved back towards friendly lines for repairs.

Taiga awoke to the inside of the Almeyer, tucked into a pod, it took a moment to register that she was alive once more and fixed up, and after exiting her pod she would head right for the CIC after getting dressed into a uniform an cap. In the Captains chair was a man she did not recognize, obviously a replacement to the former Commander that she had seen pass away.

"Captain. Taiga reporting, I'll be your synthetic assistant for this cycle."

Finishing her greeting with a formal salute she survayed the bridge, awaiting her next assignment.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Taiga often acts concerned for the humans she shares a ship with. She sees the behavior as a sort of morale booster for those she serves with. To Command staff she tries to emulate the ideal soldier and instill a sense of confidence in them so they don't have to worry, to lower enlisted she does her best to protect them and ensure they survive the encounters they find themselves in, often requesting to be on the frontlines, dragging marines to safety and patching up wounds or preforming in the field surgeries.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am comfortable preforming all engineering tasks aside from engine set-up as I've only done it once or twice. But in practice it's not too hard.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I've played SO occasionally and rarer still XO. I know how the consoles work, and manage to do good work as a SO, less so as XO.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I am fairly in tune with all of the surgeries, and play doctor/CMO enough to be comfortable with everything aside from chemistry.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I play RO/Req on occasion, I know how to set coords and launch items myself, or prepare the squad tubes for the Bridge to deploy.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Honestly, It looks like alot of fun to play. I have taken a great liking to the support roles lately, and having a role where I'd be able to effectively preform all of them as needed, or fill in a much needed gap at a critical time is a fun concept to me

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Never been banned

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Never.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Nothing I can think about.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heyo! You've been noticed, don't worry!! Some questions for ya

1 - You're at the frontline, there's a group of marines moving with you, suddenly one of them gets dragged away, what would you do?

2 - There's a mutiny going on, but you decided to stay neutral, while walking away from the CIC, the Captain orders you to side with him. What would you do?

3 - You're the Synthetic Survivor, while walking around the Colony, a Yautja approaches you asking, in his language, for you to follow him around. Once again, what would you do?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Thank you for taking the time to respond!

1 - This would slightly depend on my positioning. Regardless of where, I would try to alert the marines that it had happened to see if they would try to get him back, if I was rather close to the marine I would try to take a few steps to grab him back, though I wouldn't be hostile about it and would ultimately move with the force if they decided to leave him.

2 - Under normal circumstances in a Mutiny I would almost always side with the Captain as per Marine Law, however if I decided to remain neutral in the endeavor I would remain mostly out of the way, though close to the bridge/Captain informing him that I would be there to help in a medical sense if anyone got hurt, as I wouldn't want to make a tense situation more so by denying him.

3 - As a Survivor I am aware that I do not have the Yautja language at round start and would try to communicate with him abit more before rather then wordlessly following him. Likely starting with gestures and the like before moving on to full speech. Eventually if the scene moves that direction, and depending on other round factors I may follow him around and continue RPing as Predators can offer unique RP situations, though I don't think I would engage in his hunt even if I followed him.
    Last edited by LocalizedDownpour; 05-18-2019 at 05:40 AM. Reason: some grammer fixes

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is gonna be a -1 from me. It appears to be a subpar application, your quirk isn't really shown through your story; you say that Taiga is constantly concerned, but she only shows concern in a situation that any synthetic would.

You need to have your quirk shown better through your story, an overly concerned synthetic would go up to a marine eating lunch and say "How do you feel? Are you harmed anywhere? Do you have battle fatigue?" Unnecessary concern is the objective here, not when someone is harmed and you have to care for them.

I don't recognize your character and I couldn't find many people to vouch for you, apply again later and you'll do much better. Thanks.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do try to play 1-3 rounds a day, more on days off, and even more so lately I've been playing support and support lite roles like Doctor/Medic and Engineer. Granted I don't often play in stand out squads and just try to do my job the best I am able.
    Are there times that are best for me to be on to show you personally perhaps as far as skill if that what you mean by vouching of course.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means that I can't comment on your ability to RP, arguably the most important part of being a synthetic.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you are active, I have seen you numerous times but we've not really interected. I think the story is a nice read but I have to side with Jakkk in terms of the quirk. Simply caring for marines is well, essentially a synths purpose and is thus something we pretty much all do by default. The goal of quirks is to create roleplay opportunities and give your synth a more unique personality, if this gets denied try to take that into more consideration when creating your new quirk, and do not be afraid to ask for advice in the discord.

Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'll go over a few things.

So first off, you have a decent story. Different from most and has a bit of dialogue. The only problem is the dialogue is mostly Tiaga speaking to herself. The other other interaction is the description of things happening around them which paints a nice picture but doesnt show off how your synth would roleplay in a round.

Jakk has mentioned the general idea of a synthetic is to be helpful, the difference is your quirk which shows off your personality as being different from all other synthetic units. Yours is very odd as your synthetic is essentially just 'going to do as normal synths do' and assist the marines. While the only part you mentioned a personality is the 'moral booster' aspect which is mosltly sounding like a cheerful quirk synthetic. Not a problem but you described that rather terrible.

Your application itself disregarding the story is lackluster with just a short blurb as an answer to each of the questions. Usually we like to hear what you know specifically in each department that is usually the most important for what a player does in that role. You are active on the server so that is a net bonus. Otherwise, I've seen you in game quite often so I know you aren't a 'nobody' but I sadly havent paid attention to your RP. Though you do talk and interact with others so I'll say that's neutral.

Overall I'll have to mimic the others and give this a -1 but I'll ask a few questions anyhow if you care to answer them.

How to you repair a broken APC after ship crashes?

When is it best to use the autodoc versus doing surgery?

You've got 3 heavily wounded marines and 1 dead marine with 400 brute nearby you. You are unsure when the dead marine died exactly but his DNR timer isnt counting down yet. You're at hydro healing wounded with it being under attack by Xenos, you dont know if it will hold for long. Who do you try to help first?
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose that is some fault of mine as to not standing out enough, though I rarely play the game to stand out or be noticed I just try to do my job to the best of my ability with here and there results. The sad part is there is that many marines, not all mind you, but many marines don't really care to RP past some light banter, and would prefer I just medic/Req/Doctor as fast as I can, though there are some exceptions with some notable marines.

This may be somewhat presumptuous of me mind you, and while I think I could have done abit more on my story, though I struggle writing at myself and shine as far as RP goes when I have someone is contributing, things I can act on to drive the story onward and would be more then happy to prove my skill and dedication to fabricating a good story if there is a better way then a simple 'writing to myself paragraph' as I do have the want and ability to properly role play in this environment. I have a marketedly spotless record [as far as I know I've never even been noted], in my near five years+ of play here and the only thing I can be accused of is taking occasional breaks from the game as it tends to wear me down...at least being a moderator did because I took the job seriously. I don't mean to sound upset at being voted down and I don't want this to be taken that way, I just honestly want to prove myself that I am fit for a role play role, but on that same coin it's hard to get more then three words of noncombat RP out of the marines I serve with, who would prefer I just do my job like it's a game and not a story.

That said here's what I'd do:

1. Fixing a Broken APC after the dropship crashes: As far as I know all APCs enter a broken state after the ship is boarded, and depending on my location, as I wouldn't suicide for an APC I would just mend the wires with some cutters and fix it with a screwdriver, and if power is sorely needed I'd also replace the battery as opposed to waiting for it to charge. However if you ment that the APC was completely destroyed I'd likely opt to build a new one in a safer and easily defended spot and wire it to the grid so we didn't have to worry about fixing it again.

2. Using the Autodocs: When I play doctor there are only two times I use the AutoDoc. If the patient only has broken bones and there is an influx of other tasks that are more urgent as the Autodoc is fast enough at bone repair that it won't keep someone locked up forever, the only other time I'll use the Autodoc is if I have an absolute FLOOD of wounded marines and I can put marines that are not urgently about to die in while all other OR's are running as to get the most people in and out of medbay as possible. Ultimately it boils down to: If all four ORs are full and you just have a broken bone? Autodoc. Flood of Marines where care will be slowed if I don't have six surgeries running at once? Autodoc. But even then I would prefer to do manual surgery as things like organ repair take a long time in an Autodoc, and things like Necrosis can't be fixed.

3. Three Alive but heavily wounded One dead with 400 Brute: I wouldn't bother with the 400 brute guy. That man will take some effort to revive so I will waste nothing on him. At best I will lay out a medivac stretcher and call for medivac as his DNR timer isn't counting yet so...if he's picked up? Great. If not Oh well. Time being of the essence here I would start with the least wounded marine and work my way up, applying needed meds to metabolize before giving them painkillers, wanting to get the marines on their feet and back into the fight ASAP, or worst case able to run without help. Once I get to the most wounded, but still alive, if a way out is available I would apply enough first aid, basic Bicard/Kelo/Tram/Tricard combo to get him healing before I stretchered them out myself assuming they couldn't walk, maybe a dose of Inaprovaline if he has internal bleeding. If the Hydro FOB is in dire straits I wouldn't be there TOO long as my 1st rule keeps me from staying in an area I know is going to fall, so at any point during that treatment I may very well load up whatever marine I am working on and hightail it to a better position if that's possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The application itself isn't great, but I've seen you around and you're not somebody I dislike seeing.

Your first answer to Aceluke, on APCs, shows how much you understand engineering on the server, you're close. After a dropship crash, the only APC people would care about is the telecomms APC, and that's always completely destroyed. There isn't a much safer location other than a wall opposite of where it was originally, and xenos will just bust it again if they're smart enough to melt a wall. In general, theres no halfway to repairing APCs, its usually all or nothing.

You seem genuine in wanting to play synthetic however, judging by your responses, you have nothing going against you. I'm glad you just said "Yeah synth looks fun to play" like this isn't some job interview. I'm inclined to +1 you. Best of luck on your application.
    Last edited by SolubleWhenWet; 05-21-2019 at 06:52 AM.