User Tag List

Thread: kukuspess - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kukuspess - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Kukuspess
    Character Name?
    Lena Ramis
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Jaketeaking I believe.
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Til the sun expands and engulfs the earth
    What other servers do you play on?
    TG, Lebensraum
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Harassed the devs after being told to stop
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    We just had a round full of boilers with HEFA spit, not the best feeling. Deadchat was going wild, at one point the admins had to mute dchat. I waited until round was over and headed to general to criticize the current HEFA spit implementation and testing protocols.

Some of the devs were there, after the initial comments some said things like 'here they come to complain again' and that they didn't care. I don't have the messages as I am banned but the feel was something like that.

I said that they needed to listen instead of acting hurt or like they didn't care. At the end I said just because you are a dev or staff you don't get a free pass to implement shit untested. Let me be very clear here, I know the devs use their free time to code for CM and all the players appreciate it, at the same time I believe you should test your things for balance before adding them and acting like you don't care as staff is not the best impression.

After that they said they knew about it, some quick fixes were coming and I believe the dev that implemented HEFA spit in the boilers said he wanted to change the spit so it didn't blow immediately. Totally respectable and that ended it, I even thought the entire drama was just a joke from both sides.

I cooked something returned to my PC and was discord banned no DM or anything.
    ---
    I logged to byond ahelped for some help and Starmute answered me.
    https://imgur.com/a/PVUd9MX

It seems I may have missed a discord admin saying stop, but general was going really fast, as I was not the only one talking and I was only reading dev posts when they popped.

Starmute provided me the logs of the discord too
    https://imgur.com/a/NOGm2b7

I believe what I said wasn't too far fetched. I didn't name call, I was not acting like a kid or throwing insults like some people in deadchat.

Edit: I stand by what I said, this is not harassment. No pings or Dms, and only saying 'stop' at some moment to ban whoever doesn't think like me is strange at the very least.
    Last edited by kukuspess; 05-17-2019 at 12:01 AM. Reason: format and final edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty rude to the devs there mate. You don't need to call someone a name to be rude, you can cross that line way earlier with swears and a piss poor attitude, and making stuff up about how they feel on things.

Gonna need you to sit on this ban for a while maybe then you'll see ya where pretty rude and harsh in what you've done said.

Give it a month. Come on back a little more apologetic next time. -1
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Pretty rude to the devs there mate. You don't need to call someone a name to be rude, you can cross that line way earlier with swears and a piss poor attitude, and making stuff up about how they feel on things.

Gonna need you to sit on this ban for a while maybe then you'll see ya where pretty rude and harsh in what you've done said.

Give it a month. Come on back a little more apologetic next time. -1

If you think that saying 'shit untested' and 'op bullshit' and telling the devs that were on general after round ended that they should listen warrants an immediate, no questions asked. discord permanent ban . I don't know what to tell you, this doesn't even warrant a second glance to be honest.

The ban was not made for being rude, it was made for harassing the devs. I am appealing that it is not harassment. I didn't even ping them and we were having an okay conversation, and they already had a quick fix for what I considered 'op bullshit' the next round.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can contribute to this is this:

If a staff member says to do something, do it. If they tell you to stop doing something, stop. It will save both you and the staff a lot of trouble and effort.

I don't know if the ban reason is right or wrong (I'd have to check the logs again if you were harassing the devs in general or just one person. I don't know if that is harassment or just being a dick. Both area against the rules. ),

The main thing for me is a staff member told you to stop. You ignored this and another staff member banned you. It was a hard ban but at the same time it was according to the rules.
    Last edited by starmute; 05-31-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A staff member told you to stop, you didn't
    Our development team uses their free time to make this game, and constructive criticism in an adult manner is welcomed, but not this hostility.

You reap what you sow.

I will not support an unban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see how this is going to be.

Okay let's start, I believe there has been cero investigation on my appeal at the moment.
    My notes have not been posted, it may be because I don't have one single discord note.

Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    If a staff member says to do something, do it. If they tell you to stop doing something, stop. It will save both you and the staff a lot of trouble and effort.
    The main thing for me is a staff member told you to stop. You ignored this and another staff member banned you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    A staff member told you to stop, you didn't
    As I stated on my previous post the situation was after the round ended in the general channel, I was not the only one writing at the moment and I missed it. I was not pinged. In the Staff Ranks, Code of Conduct, and Protocols, it says clearly you must PM someone first, I could understand not doing it in the case of someone spamming, but this was not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Our development team uses their free time to make this game, and constructive criticism in an adult manner is welcomed, but not this hostility.
    You reap what you sow.
    I will not support an unban
    That is exactly it, the elephant in the room. It seems you can't say anything remotely bad to the devs, my comments were meant as a response after some posts that rubbed me the wrong way.
    This is a losing battle, none is going to say how proper protocol was not followed, how the punishment is too harsh or how the objectivity goes out the window when a dev is involved.
    Not mentors, moderators or other admins. The admin that banned me doesn't even have to comment.

At this point I am not even sure who banned me.

If I said the exact same thing to another member of the community I would have not been treated this way. So that is that.
    Last edited by kukuspess; 05-31-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have very low tolerance for aggresive behaviour to developers. They pour a shitload of time into this game and are already vulnerable enough to burnout to have to deal with this kind of shit-flinging. You want to give constructive criticism? That's fine, but you're not entitled to spew your bile all over them. You were told to stop and didn't. Whether you saw it or not is irrelevant, the instruction to stop was posted publically in a channel visible to everyone and if you missed it that is your problem. You clearly don't believe you've done evrything wrong. Think on it for a while.

Denied.