Your Byond ID?
    Chaznoodles

Your Character Name?
    Cyrus Saint

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    ?

Accused Character Name
    Patton Moore, Brett McMatherson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    14:30, 15/05.

What rule(s) were broken:
    3, 15, Marine Law, SOP.

Description of the incident:
    As Bravo SL, I asked one of my engineers to dismantle the Squad Req cades as they do nothing but get in the way. They willingly complied, an MP walked along and ordered them rebuilt. I told them to raise it higher, they brought the CMP who told us to rebuild them, so we did.

The XO came along shortly after, and we got her permission to dismantle the cades for the same reasoning. We dismantle them again, the XO leaves, having been ordered to the CIC by the Captain. MPs roll up in force and say I'm under arrest for damage of government property, I say we got authorisation, they ignore me. I tell them I'll happily walk to the Brig willingly and start doing so. Halfway there, the three of them pull tasers, tase me down, cuff me. I get dragged to the Brig, and max time slapped on me for destruction of government property and resisting arrest, 30 minutes total.

I adminhelp at this point and the staff member basically refuses to handle it, telling me to appeal to the CO who completely ignored me for half the sentence then refusing to allow another staff member to take the case when I ask. When the CO came down after half the sentence elapsing, the MPs completely twisted the story, saying I ran from them and resisted arrest and it basically turned into an absolutely onesided affair. At this point, I just ghosted as it was reduced to picking fun at another player and had completely ruined the round for me, as well as for the entire squad who went without their SL.

I had permission from the XO which was all I needed as far as I was aware, and was also willingly going to the Brig. Downright determined to be dicks, the MPs ruined the round for me, resulting in me ghosting because the treatment I was given by other players was downright shitty - stacking max time, ignoring reasoning and falsifying crimes - when I'd done everything I could to do it right. Just wanted a nice relaxing Bravo FOB round, instead got this.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    n/a

How you would punish the accused:
    Good joke, like there'll ever be punishments.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i responded to the situation in bravo prep as called over by my MP. I saw what was going on and told you not to damage the property and to simply put it back to the way it previously was. I was very lenient and did not arrest anyone for this first offense.
    You then proceeded to do it AGAIN, and stood outside prep to confront Myself and the other MPs while your engineer followed your false order to dismantle them. I confirmed with the Captain that he gave NO permission to do such a thing. And the CE had not given permission, not that there was one.

As outlined in SOP
    To modify the ship you need either the COs permission or the XO and CEs.

You had only the XOs. And i had already warned you for the exact same thing. So I informed you that you were under arrest for destruction of property by getting your engineer to dismantle the cades. For whatever reason you took off down the hallway instead of getting on the ground as you were told and we tazed you and took you in for an added resisting charge. You continued your tirade in the brig as i continued to call the CO down to hear your appeal which eventually he did. In the meantime you spammed ahelps regarding the arrest and were subsequently told it was an IC issue. You then ghosted within your cell.

In arrest procedure we are to cuff you. To violate arrest procedure is an OOC issue for MPs. You just started taking off down the hallway. Even if what you say was true and you were simply going to the brig thats not how this works. If in real life you are getting arrested and you say "Hang on ill meet you at the police station" And take off sprinting you are going to get slammed with a resisting charge. Theres no way to guarantee you are going to go to the brig and you running off when we told you to get down sealed that charge. You didnt even get max time with your crimes, having 30 minutes from a possible. 1 hour. If i was hellbent on ruining your round as you say i would've max timed you and stuck you in perma.

MPs this round were not dicks, you just decided to carry your same old "Fuck authority attitude" and unsurprisingly AS ALWAYS. It ended with you going to jail and a player report being put up after.

EDIT:
    Clarification for Emmy, this was handled in game <3
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was playing as Brett McMatherson.

I was MP, who ordered engi to rebuild cades first time. Firstly, I would like to say, that i did not have to call CMP. Secondly, your engineer and you were marked as "Released" and warning for damage to goverment property was added to your IC notes (Order was unlawful, and that's why you were both warned).

Last thing i want to add, that you was charged with damage to goverment property (20 minutes) and resisting arrest (10 minutes). Arresting MP has full right to give you 20 minutes, because you already had warning for damage to goverment property (I did not arrest you. It was Percy, i believe. I accidentally fired taser near CP and that is all).

Edit: I did not notice, that you said, that you were going to brig, when me, another MP and CMP were standing near Bravo REQ with you. I asked you to lay on floor and you ran off, this is why resisting arrest was added, i believe.
    Last edited by Rals; 05-15-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Percy Watkins, I was the arresting officer. You were warned not to remove bravo prep cades and broke SOP yourself in doing so for a second time by only getting XO authorization instead of XO and CE as been stated before. You did not get max time for either charge as max time for Damage to Government Property is 30 minutes and max for resisting is also 30 minutes. I would of been a dick to max time for both but I didn't. I found 20 minutes was fair since you were warned prior for trying to deconstruct bravo prep cades. 10 minutes was the minimum for resisting and I can't do anything less for that. In total you were only given 30 minutes a good 30 minutes shorter than abusing max time.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless a Captain tells you, the CE needs to be asked as well regarding ship modifications, that is in the normal SOP. You may not have realized it at the time but if the CE was never contacted, that's still a break of SOP and thus falls into Marine Law. Seems this was handled in-game and ICly. As such, no action necessary.