User Tag List

Thread: Big 5 discussion 2. Nightmare Creator / Mode.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big 5 discussion 2. Nightmare Creator / Mode.

April 1st this year really showed off what this tool can do.
    Presently, its being used in normal rounds to swap out parts of the map.
    While the framework is done, our mappers are presently hard at work preparing new area swaps for every map.
    With plans to extend the project to Big Red, and eventually Ice Colony and Trijent. Nightmare Creator is an ongoing effort to improve our long term replay-ability, so that no round is TRULY ever the same.
    This is a topic to discuss this big 5 item.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this project have an end goal for each map, like, once LV has 50 area swaps it's finished?

I like it, I think the early nightmare swaps were a good first step and now mappers have more experience with them and devs with coding them they're only going to get better but I think every project needs an endpoint. Even if it's something you go back to and revisit later on you still need to know when the first phase will be over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will major parts of the map be moved around/toggled? As in telecomms, landing zones, flanking routes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One option that could be interesting is having two votes at the end of the round:
    The map vote,
    And how extreme Nightmare can be. Is it allowed to make game changing switches around the map.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general Neth is working on nightmare but he is working on quite a few things.
    We are also waiting for more map sections for other maps. I think we have lv and prison but little on br and nothing for TD and ice. But do not quote me on that.
    So it is a work in progress and we likely need to do some testing to see what we like and want.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For LV, fog gaps ruin round flow. All the marines fight in the tight choke and its easy captures for xenos. Marines lose sight of their objectives because they wanna eat boiler acid for some reason.

Just my take on that specific thing. Chokes arent fun for either side imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool thing about nightmare is that it can only get better over time

if theres any map changes that make a certain area broken (not that I feel this way, but for those who do) for either side they can be easily removed/changed without harming the other options