Vitoras - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application

Byond ID?
    Vitoras

Marine Name
    Bryce 'Tyrant' Logue

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Orianna

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes, I absolutely understand Synthetic Programming and Guildelines.

Synthetic Character Story
    Life of Private First Class in USCM Corps was dangerous and kinda unpleasant for Bryce Montes: no free time, risk of dying for every operation he took part in, bad food (Stocks of food were almost out, so the only thing to eat was tofu). He adapted to everything, but life itself for him became dull. The only thing that kept our brave marine here was big payment which was needed for Montes in order to help his family.

Some time after Bryce deployed with his squad in order to secure the position for further operations. That was an easy job: FOB forces mostly survive in a mission just because they don't fight as long as others do. Bryce was ordered to secure LZ entrance. "That's easy" - though Montes, slowling moving to his designation. Suddenly, he felt something under his feet. *Click!* - that was classic Claymore mine. "Wow, that's kinda unfair" - thought Bryce before the heat of explosion burned him and he went unconscious.

Our lucky Private woke up. His body was still numb, but even considering that he somehow felt strong, sharp pain in his legs. The only thing he was able saw before he went uncoscious again was the face of some woman: black long hair, pointy nose, smiling mouth with small lips and shiny blue eyes. He was unable to see because anesthetics began to work.

- "Wake up, Mister Montes" - heard Bryce. It was quiet, high-pitched, even kinda childish voice. This was the same woman that he saw before. She was wearing old strange-looking jumpsuit, long white labcoat, latex gloves and a pair of glasses. Suddenly, Bryce noticed a golden ID Card in her badge: "Orianna, Synthetic".

-"Can I help you to get up, Mister Montes?" - said Orianna, smiling and extending her arm.

-"Yeah, s-sure" - said Bryce, still surprised by the origins of his savior.

Orianna took a bag from her back and began to search for something. Then she pulled out some photos and gave them to our Private.

-"Sir, was my work important and well-executed?" - said Orianna, showing pride for something.

Those were the photos of his surgery process. Bryce was surprised by the state he was in, but there still were many things to do. Mission was still in progress, so he should deploy again.

-"Yes, you did well, Orianna".

-"Objective completed" - said Orianna, taking photos back and going out of Medical, showing satisfaction for her completed job.

================================================== ================================================== ======================

It was a usual day of work for John Barson, Captain of USCM Conestoga Class Ship "Infinity": forces of Colonial Liberation Front tried to take control over planet LK-396, which was known as the biggest W-Y colony in this sector. Marines probably were facing an overwhelming amount of enemies: 16000 of rebels compared to 2000 soldiers. Still, John was sure in USCM victory due to superior weaponry and training. He never lost in the battle, and he was never going to do so.

...Operation was going great and smooth: altrough half of Marine Forces was either killed in action or heavily wounded, others were about to take over of Tcomms, which was critical for the success of the entire mission.

-"Ha, we will finish those fuckers soon!" - said John, unable to hide his emotions.

Suddenly, Barson heard a loud, strange sound. The entire Combat Information Centre became dark: Consoles disabled, lighting wasn't working.

-"How did they manage to get such strong equipment!?!" - thought Barson, being absolutely surprised by recent events.

Rasping noise began to spread in the darkness. Then John saw a pair of two bright, small blue lights. He prepared his old, but yet functional Mateba.

-"Show and name yourself!" - yelled Captain, loading ammo and ready to fire.

-"I am a Second Generation Synthetic of USS "Ifinity", model "Orianna", Commanding Officer Barson" - said the Synth and toggled flashlight on..

-"Oh, it's you..." - said Barson. He compeletely forgot about the fact that W-Y issued a new Synthetic unit for their vessel. "Orianna, you should immediately restore power for the success of entire operation. Then you should deploy planetside, disable mines and create fortifications there. FOB squad lost all it's engineers trying to clear the minefield there".

-"New objective added" - said Orianna with more mechanical, yet usual voice. She went out of CIC .

================================================== ================================================== =======================

Operation was completed. Marines managed to win the battle, but they lost more than 80 percents of forces. Orianna returned on ship and was going to show the results of her work to Captain. Then she was informed that CIC got a direct hit in nearly the end of the mission and Commanding Officer died. She moved back to her "room", stored all photos into locker with a smile and moved to CL office. At least someone should know about the great things she did and she is going to do.

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I intend to play Orianna somewhat as a person always proud of any actions she does. My Synthetic will try to take a photo of any executed order and show it as a proof of completed job. Orianna will always expect a compliment or approval from people for most of actions. This won't cross a line where she will take a photo of an attachment given to marine(really non-important actions won't be captured). Orianna will also try to change her speech style depending on the person she is talking with(She will try to be less formal with marines, more formal with Officers; more scientific with Doctors and Researchers).

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    I am quite familliar with every support role: Medical, Maintenance Tech, Science(It's mostly about roleplay since Research on Colonial Marines doesn't exist) and SO(was a CO before some serious wrong thing I did, played a lot as XO and SO). I experienced problems with Chemistry some time ago, but now I can handle this well enough too.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I really improved since the October and want to show this. I applied for Trial Moderator some time ago, which also shows that people can trust me. Being Synthetic will also help me to replace some roles in low-pop(when not every needed job is present on Almayer). and to make rounds better with proper Roleplay.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No, I have no bans from CM in the last month.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No, I have no bans on other servers.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that you're Russian, or some such, and English isn't your first language.

Though, the story is just - bad? It reads really poorly, and some of the sentences don't even make any sense when I read them again, such as:
    -"How did they manage to get such strong equipment!?!" - thought Barson, being absolutely surprised by recent events.

When it comes to sentences that do make some sense, they're just VERY poorly written. The entire story gives me vibes of you writing it in Google Translate. I really don't want to see a Synthetic who can't speak proper English, or talks in weird poorly worded sentences. This isn't just related to the story, but seeing you type in Discord, in the game, in msay. It's just very weird and strange, and I can tell you've not much practice with English grammar. Examples:
    -"Show and name yourself!" - yelled Captain, loading ammo and ready to fire.
    Orianna took a bag from her back and began to search for something. Then she pulled out some photos and gave them to our Private.
    -"Ha, we will finish those fuckers soon!" - said John, unable to hide his emotions.
    Operation was completed. Marines managed to win the battle, but they lost more than 80 percents of forces. Orianna returned on ship and was going to show the results of her work to Captain. Then she was informed that CIC got a direct hit in nearly the end of the mission and Commanding Officer died.

I have nothing to say about your removal as a Captain, but do keep in mind you'll judged harshly for it.

Ultimately, I'm going to give a -1 for this. The story itself is just strange. You help out a PFC. You walk in to the CiC and tell them you're a synth. You go and do something. Formatting and grammar wise, it's a fucking disaster. I stated some examples above, but overall it just feels horrible to read, it's pacing is bad and is unpleasant to read, in all honestly. Besides that, you claim to know every role, but I haven't seen you as anything other than a PFC or a member of Command staff.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the quirk, and I don't believe the story was terrible.

The issues that many people have are the following:
    -The fact that English is not your first language

-How you lost your CO Whitelist

I can overlook the English is not your first language thing, because we have mentors/mods/other whitelist players who are the same way

I struggle with how you are dewhitelisted from CO, but at the same time, I think you have made some strides to improve yourself. (Admitting how you messed up, becoming a trial moderator)

Since the quirk is a bit unique and not generic, I think it would work as long as you don't over due it.

I'm neutral leaning towards +1 because I'm not the type of person who says you should be banned for life from everything because of one mistake, and I personally think you have tried to redeem yourself.
    My vote is pending more feedback from non-council members at the moment.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essentially everything sleepy said, I don't have anything else of substantial value to add.

Have someone proofread your application and continue to try and wash away the stain of CO removal.

Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main issue is not with the app, but with you as a player. You still contest your CO whitelist strip and your english just isn't there yet in my opinion.

I'm not sure why you jumped the gun when you told me you were going to have Soldier proofread it, because it would've saved you a lot of trouble.

EDIT: Soldier and I went around and got some feedback from current synthetic whitelistees. Suffice to say, their vote is swinging to the negative side of the balance.

Sorry buddy. I think you could've gotten it, but you just aren't ready yet. Your english needs improvements, and you need to get your CO whitelist back before you can apply for synth. Otherwise, the quirk is solid, I wouldn't mind if you reused it later on.

Last edited by MattAtlas; 12-31-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to +1 this for a couple of reasons.

For one, I understand English isn't your first language, and that you tried to make a good app. Good work on talking to the councilmen.

The other reason was that your are attempting to redeem yourself from what happened with your Captain whitelist, and I can appreciate that.

So, again. +1. Please don't make me regret this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will not judge your English because I have been in the same situation that you are in the moment, but the complaint of others is genuine and completely understandable, and in case you want to have a chance on any of the other whitelists, I suggest that you improve the use of said language.

Your quirk is different and peculiar, but as Sleepy said, the story is confusing and strange. I believe this is due to the exceptionally simple formatting of your background, and how it is developed.

To conclude, I do not see you usually in fundamentally support roles, which raises the question of how competent you would be as a synth.

Good luck, but in my eyes you are not prepared to be whitelisted in this role. -1
    Man'sur, Cetanu's Al'nagara| Pedro 'Nescau' Heering

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I won't waste your time Vitoras, myself and Matt did something different on this one.

We had a impromptu meeting with the other synth players on discord to discuss your application.

The outcome was that the majority of the synth players do not trust you at this time for the role. Some agree that you have made strides to redeem yourself, but others feel it is still soon. Also other players feel that your English is not up to par for the roleplaying, but I personally think your English isn't that bad.

However, the main issue which makes sense that an admin bought up is:
    If he hasn't got his CO whitelist back, why should he be allowed to have the synth/predator whitelist.

So unfortunately, I have to with a -1 on this one Vitoras.

However I am going to recommend you the following:

1. Get your CO Whitelist back, and redeem yourself. You've already almost made it there by becoming a trial moderator, and I think if you can get your CO Whitelist back and prove yourself trustworthy with it, others will forget the old incident ever occured

2. Have someone proof-read your application again, I said I was willing to do it, but I was busy at the moment you asked me, and you kinda jumped the gun. We understand English is not your first language, and you are trying to improve that.

3. Play more support roles such as Engineer/Doctor/Requsistions. I've only seen you as infantry, and maybe SO/XO once in awhile

Godspeed
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 12-31-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to withdraw this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, So I was the one who made the report which made you lose your whitelist. Honestly I felt kinda bad for it, I havent really been playing CM recently due to the break so I will be going over Information I know from other peoples comments and what I know of you myself.

1 Con: I Accused you of possible metarushing, aswell as deploying a few squads without a "Proper" briefing (before the rule about briefing was set in stone trying to get a clerification which was honestly the only reason why I made this report.)

2 Con: You havent tried to get your CO whitelist back

3 Con: Your app isnt as good but its due to english not being your first language

Now the pros.

1 Pro: You have made strides to redeem yourself from the CO incident

2 Pro: Even if you arent good at english you put in effort on your application

3 Pro: The quirk is decent and shouldnt cause any problems

Right now everything is equal so im going with a Neutral