User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big 5 discussion 5. Trijent Dam

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big 5 discussion 5. Trijent Dam

Trijent, love it or hate it, is presently the newest map to enter rotation on the server. But we're not going to leave it as no ice colony and neglect it while we cloak and dagger its demise. Rather, Trijent will be moving forward as an evolving project, that, while nearing completion, will hopefully settle into being one of the better maps CM has.
    Current plans to totally overhaul the map size are not planned, but have been discussed. We hear you, we know you think its too large.
    The last but not least of these. Discuss it in here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think maps should be 'thinner', especially trijent.

We want to avoid having a straight path from LZ to hive, but narrowing the pathways to just a few large ones from one side of the map to the other, with many small flank routes between them, would give good opportunity for dense fights, and allow marines to better secure supply lines without denying xenos all flanking opportunities. I think ideally the large pathways should be tank navigable (and would hence become the routes that command plan around), while the small routes between them are not (better but riskier flanking). Also I think it would be simpler for the Nightmare creator thing.

Also helps when chasing down straggler xenos cause with the map as open as it is now, they basically have free roam.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this along with ice should have an automatic system where you can't vote for them unless server player amount is 100+

On lowpop, this and Ice are just both so vast that it's wasted space for both sides.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Trijent got some kind of alt-low pop variant, its obvious it needs to be locked to over 100 players, I'd at least wait for 150 or 200 at current.

While my time on Trijent is limited due to its rarity, but I feel right now the main marine strat is to make a mega FoB on LZ2, the map is too vast that I've never seen a forward FoB be constructed, this being in combination with how long it takes to make a FoB, how expensive it is, and how it is impossible to secure your rearlines in Trijent due to its massive size, thus you cannot secure a safe travel zone when moving between FoB's and frontlines.

Maybe if Marines had some way of getting FoBs online faster, or some inter-FoB travel system (trains, capturable Landing zones, etc).
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trijent might be too large, but at least it's better than LV which is too small for the current day pop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are quite a few people who vocally dislike Trijent but I think they're just wrong and suck.

It's cool that there's a new map that does something completely different and is future proofed against a larger pop.

Here's something I'd like to propose: do a a few test runs of Trijent with an 'APC' that's actually just a renamed tank that has no primary weapon and an overdrive module, maybe a higher base speed, and somehow give it the ability to carry 20 people. It doesn't have to make sense lorewise or in game but it would be interesting to see how a faux APC might work.

Don't shrink Trijent, bring back Bigjent Dam and add APCs the way it was originally intended, even if they're just slightly resprited tanks with higher speed. I'm not sure how to handle the actual transport side of things, codewise, but it's not impossible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think LZ1 should be moved to the northeast instead. This would open up movement a lot more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trijent and Ice restrictions on pop are a big ++. Should have LV and Trijent rotate avalibilty popwiseish.

Other then that the map is really good and players are just shit. IT needs a number of people to play, but that dont mean its a bad map.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this map could actually work once (or if) rappelling from dropships is added. It would allow marines to FOB as they go and use medevac/rappeling/supply drops as a mobile LZ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes please.
    Pop limit and rappelling from the dropship, otherwise it really shouldn't be there. Too big, too open to lock down...
    Unless marines had more resources and a motivation to only build around certain spots, forming outposts on the map, with little to no hope of holding the open areas anyways. That'd be cool.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere