Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big 5 discussion 5. Trijent Dam

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    Pop limiter is something I brought up in the devteam before but it kinda got buried.

I'm all for it since it kills the server during lowpop (alongside with ice) and 190 people LV is just a clusterfuck.
    Please this. Lots of ruined nights lately of ice/dam/ice marine slaughters. Aliens always full immediately so they can just rape.

It sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly map is good. But playing it on low pop is just suffering.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing Dam is like a history re-visitation of the Invasion of Russia. Big map, lots of empty spaces, lot of walking. By the time you hit the hive, and if you lose, it is a long painful retreat.

I have a rough idea, not sure how you think of it. I have two sets of idea actually. This is in consideration of the fact that Hive always spawn in the NE of the map, so their spawns are predictable and is like Big Red except bigger.

1. Make 2 lanes, one lane for lowpop and other for high pop. Lowpop lane should be full of structures accessible via LZ1 north and easy for Lowpop. It should be narrow enough for lowpop and the spaces and structures will provide for lowpop population whereas the southern corridor buildings are bigger and lanes are wider. This is light idea, maybe we can modify this but it is not as solid as my second idea.

2. Segment the map into sections, like North, Central, and South Corridor at random for lowpop. Have 2 sections opened connected for midpop, and open all for highpop.This way, everyones forced to play certain areas of the map provided and it would be small enough for the appropriate pop. This way you dont lock the entire map due to pop but at least all pop enjoy the restricted map sections.

That way, you make the map 'smaller' but you dont have to change much. With randomised sections we can like enjoy different parts of the map

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not deactivate this map when we are on lowpop?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    why not deactivate this map when we are on lowpop?
    Because then people can't troll, duh!
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Because then people can't troll, duh!
    ??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think armored vehicles, something akin to an M113 with a machinegun/possible autocannon turret, would help things. 2-3 would give marines a safe(er) means of transportation across large maps like Ice and Trijent, and they could even be used for transporting stuff between the front and FOB (Ammo, medical supplies, cades ect), as well as serving as armored ambulances to bring injured back. It's a lot and I really don't expect it, but hey everything helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gimmie tonka trucks to vroom around map with
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    I personally think armored vehicles, something akin to an M113 with a machinegun/possible autocannon turret, would help things. 2-3 would give marines a safe(er) means of transportation across large maps like Ice and Trijent, and they could even be used for transporting stuff between the front and FOB (Ammo, medical supplies, cades ect), as well as serving as armored ambulances to bring injured back. It's a lot and I really don't expect it, but hey everything helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Gimmie tonka trucks to vroom around map with
    . . .it sounded kinda balanced in my head but lets see how it is when I write it out.

We add another vehicle to Trijent Dam (it's just a test). . .I imagine it as an ambulance to bring people back to the LZ, but I'm sure it'd be OK to use it for logistics and moving troops, maybe if you add a weapon it takes up valuable space. . . The idea of a lone, virtually unprotected vehicle with lots of very wounded marines sounds like an irresistible target for the Aliens. . .and I also am not inspired with too much hope it would always be guarded. The balance here would be that the vehicle could potentially bring a lot more marines back to the Alymer. . .or may inadvertently send them to the hive!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrone View Post
    . . .it sounded kinda balanced in my head but lets see how it is when I write it out.

We add another vehicle to Trijent Dam (it's just a test). . .I imagine it as an ambulance to bring people back to the LZ, but I'm sure it'd be OK to use it for logistics and moving troops, maybe if you add a weapon it takes up valuable space. . . The idea of a lone, virtually unprotected vehicle with lots of very wounded marines sounds like an irresistible target for the Aliens. . .and I also am not inspired with too much hope it would always be guarded. The balance here would be that the vehicle could potentially bring a lot more marines back to the Alymer. . .or may inadvertently send them to the hive!
    Nah, it should be faster than nearly any beno and be able to crush trough walls with ease. No weapons needed.