User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Development team Q&A topic.

  1. #21
    Senior Member MasterShakeEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post

    only randomness here is a range of damage (that is not big), and chance to tailstab or bite (which has cooldown of over few seconds + rng chance)

    assuming you know their armor integrity and range of the weapon fire and skills of the shooter (attacker), the damage is RNG to about +-10%. Don't think this is much. Besides critical hits which is 5% right now, but they are here so weak weapons can be useful VS high armor _sometimes_

    This is not random at all. Maybe what you are experiencing is "start of a tick" issue, where if you get stunned at the start of a tick, you need to wait until tick ends. But if you are stunned at the end of a tick, you get up almost instantly

    That's an old foe of ours that is pretty hard to fix in a way that everyone will like...
    I know this isnt the place to debate but I still have more concerns. I feel like besides the randomness on damage rolls there are times it literally ignores the damage straight up. You can kill 1 marine in 3 hits and then another you hit him 15 times and it does nothing. Theres more to it than crits and a 10% damage roll.

    As far as getting shot and having all those calculations it may not seem like much but getting high rolled on 3 bullets is a whole lot more damage than getting low rolled on 3 bullets. Thats whats im saying you never know how much damage you can take or anything because its so random.

    The stun thing may be based on that tick thing you talk about. The easiest way to see what im talking about is go look at slugs. Sometimes you can get chain stunned by slugs because they can fire faster than the stun wears off. Other times you get up and run away before they can chain stun you. Grenades seem random as hell and never the same so it doesnt FEEL like its just a tick here or there but thats a feeling so maybe im wrong.\

    I dont feel like each individual thing i mentioned is a huge problem, but all of them added together makes a giant difference and like I said it feels like you are just waiting till RNG decides to kill you.

  2. #22
    Head Developer
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I feel like besides the randomness on damage rolls there are times it literally ignores the damage straight up. You can kill 1 marine in 3 hits and then another you hit him 15 times and it does nothing. Theres more to it than crits and a 10% damage roll.
    Different armor? You target different bodyparts? There are a lot of variables. Marines have different armor on different bodyparts

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    As far as getting shot and having all those calculations it may not seem like much but getting high rolled on 3 bullets is a whole lot more damage than getting low rolled on 3 bullets. Thats whats im saying you never know how much damage you can take or anything because its so random.
    We have ammunition that is 2-2.5x as strong as another, but they both have same sprite on screen. I think this is the issue you might be referring

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    The stun thing may be based on that tick thing you talk about. The easiest way to see what im talking about is go look at slugs. Sometimes you can get chain stunned by slugs because they can fire faster than the stun wears off. Other times you get up and run away before they can chain stun you. Grenades seem random as hell and never the same so it doesnt FEEL like its just a tick here or there but thats a feeling so maybe im wrong.\
    Slug is the prime example of this issue because slug stun is exactly 1 tick

    Explosion code takes into account debris (items and shit) between you and epicenter to calculate the damage on your tile. Your stun time is directly related to how damage you received. Also every xeno has DIFFERENT amount of explosive armor that reduces the damage you take (and hence the stun time) from explosions. It is COMPLETELY unrelated to armor you see on screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I dont feel like each individual thing i mentioned is a huge problem, but all of them added together makes a giant difference and like I said it feels like you are just waiting till RNG decides to kill you.
    I get it

    I think primary reason why xenos feel so flimsy and easy to die at some points is our removal of warding damage reduction, which was a pretty big issue with balance (the fact that we always had to account xeno balance with highest level of warding before)

    We added a lot of things for xenos that made them more manageable, but there is space to improve, there's no doubt.

    I just hope you feel those changes and keep being a part of the community until game becomes more... manageable (I think this is a proper word here)... for you

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changes to engineering:

    Is the current plan to fix the now extremely broken SMES or replace them entirely with something new? And is there an ETA? Hard wiring isnt bad but Ive had to have the mods remove them entirely to get the powergrid to work sometimes.

    Atmospherics was removed because of lag issues and now we have a huge part of the ship that is empty and nonfunctional, are plans to renovate this area or are you playing with the idea of doing something with atmosphere again?

  4. #24
    Senior Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that there was talk about Heavy Armor being weaker to acid spits, but better against pounces and Light Armor inversely. What happened to the idea of Heavy/Light Armor protecting somehow more/less against pounces?
    CABAL: CM's angel Marine main and the only non-staff that does nothing. Even though I love you all, I still hate you.

    II

  5. #25
    Head Developer
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I remember that there was talk about Heavy Armor being weaker to acid spits, but better against pounces and Light Armor inversely. What happened to the idea of Heavy/Light Armor protecting somehow more/less against pounces?
    it is not implemented. Instead Heavy Armor protects you a lot better against IB, organ damage and bone break

  6. #26
    Senior Member MasterShakeEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are yall gonna do anything about grenades?

    When are yall gonna finally remove warrior lunge?

    Why can we not have signallers and proximity timers for research?

    Why wont you give xenos macros back?

    Do you plan on doing anything with the veteran kit m41 to make it a viable alternative to other weapons? (it costs 45 points and I would rather take a regular m41 and have med kit or something)

  7. #27
    Head Developer
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Are yall gonna do anything about grenades?
    Yes, we are going to do something

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    When are yall gonna finally remove warrior lunge?
    This is not being discussed at the moment. Maybe the thing will be updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Why can we not have signallers and proximity timers for research?
    remote detonation of multiple hidden explosive devices, without any warning

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Why wont you give xenos macros back?
    No comments...

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Do you plan on doing anything with the veteran kit m41 to make it a viable alternative to other weapons? (it costs 45 points and I would rather take a regular m41 and have med kit or something)
    Maybe? no plans yet

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you plan to change how 40mm grenades and hand grenades work ?
    I propose on github to change to unable 40mm from being activate by hand. and make them explode on contact. Suggestion as been denied and close in less than 3H.
    https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/6919

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if armor for T1 and T2 xenos is broken, or they simply don't have armor. But today, right now playing any T2 asides from warrior (not taking into consideration passive roles like carrier or hivelord) feels very off because you can get killed pretty easily due to normal ammo completely ignoring armor. If this is a bug is there a planned short term fix for it?

  10. #30
    Senior Dev
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Yes, we are going to do something


    This is not being discussed at the moment. Maybe the thing will be updated.


    remote detonation of multiple hidden explosive devices, without any warning


    No comments...


    Maybe? no plans yet
    In general all developers do have the right to close suggestions. 3h is a bit quick for one to be closed though.
    In the end there are no plans to work on this or to implement it as (nearly) all developers have other projects already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loco52 View Post
    I'm not sure if armor for T1 and T2 xenos is broken, or they simply don't have armor. But today, right now playing any T2 asides from warrior (not taking into consideration passive roles like carrier or hivelord) feels very off because you can get killed pretty easily due to normal ammo completely ignoring armor. If this is a bug is there a planned short term fix for it?
    Armor gets an adjustment today or later this week. It depends a bit on some stuff.


    How to become senior dev.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •