User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Development team Q&A topic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Are there any plans to bring back the plans of Xeno past life or reincarnation?
    To go into this a bit more.
    This was an idea more related to making Xeno's an endless horde.
    In theory, it works but in practise, we consider it 0 fun and not in line with our current vision.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It could look the same like Helmet of a Pyro Spec for Heavy Helmet and something like Tanker, or Scout Spec helmet for Light variant. IC reason is kinda obvious, it's the same as choosing armor different from medium. Why PFC's would need Heavy Armor/Light? They want more protection/freedom of movement, also to the head (and hands, but that later ). I guess that every real modern army does something like that, if somebody receives heavy vest, they aren't wearing standard helmet.
    Heavy Helmet should be limited only to Heavy Armor (with IC reason that they are supposed to work together, connecting with eachother for better protection) and wearing them should work like SG have to wear SG Harness to wear their optics.
    Medium and light could be a matter of preference.
    Medium helmet would be as it is, maybe could receive additional storage slot. Heavy Helmet would obviously grant more protection, but it would lose all storage slots, you couldn't perform CPR with it on and you would be of course bound to wearing heavy armor, maybe additional weak air filters for reduced damage from gas, but view reduced by one tile.
    Light helmet could boost Accuracy (Something like small computer and hud helping marine aim), but would be weaker than medium helmet.
    Honestly, towards me that sounds like quite a bit of work.
    It also has to be balanced and everything for the game.
    I already consider light/medium/heavy armor hard to balance since I do not see them all as viable.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your hard work, two questions for now:

Being a CASEVAC pilot is currently a fairly inconsistent experience. The vast majority of combat seems to occur in areas CAS cannot target and if combat is going well for marines, there might not be much medevac work to do for the entire operation.
    -Does the hinted gunship update plan to give a more consistent and engaging experience for pilots?

People have been talking about adding an armored personnel carrier for a while now, but there does not seem to be much interest in developing such a vehicle. From a layman's perspective I've always thought a placeholder APC could simply be the tank without a primary module and the ability to let more people enter "empty" crew slots more quickly than a tanker.
    -What is currently the biggest limiting factor in creating a new vehicle for marines/CLF/UPP?
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Thank you all for your hard work, two questions for now:

Being a CASEVAC pilot is currently a fairly inconsistent experience. The vast majority of combat seems to occur in areas CAS cannot target and if combat is going well for marines, there might not be much medevac work to do for the entire operation.
    -Does the hinted gunship update plan to give a more consistent and engaging experience for pilots?
    yes. It's a straight up upgrade for Transport/CASEVAC pilots

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    People have been talking about adding an armored personnel carrier for a while now, but there does not seem to be much interest in developing such a vehicle. From a layman's perspective I've always thought a placeholder APC could simply be the tank without a primary module and the ability to let more people enter "empty" crew slots more quickly than a tanker.
    -What is currently the biggest limiting factor in creating a new vehicle for marines/CLF/UPP?
    Spritework, vehicle handling code that could've been made better, balance considerations (in relation to potentially making xeno side even less fun to play)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello i have propose 3 time to add Xenomorph cultist. Last iteration as 16 upvote.
    Do you see something that make my suggestion impossible or hard to make.
    Do you think it's a suggestion that could be made real?
    Link to github : https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMa...ues/6832#notes

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian56 View Post
    Hello i have propose 3 time to add Xenomorph cultist. Last iteration as 16 upvote.
    This is a pretty hard roleplay request from randomly selected survivor.
    Admins can kinda do that ingame already with predetermined players from ghostchat

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I despise magical psychic Benos, I still like this idea. However it would require more survivors than 4 and this would probably shit pre-drop "balance" a bit and benos would cry and their tears would burn trough floor tiles, making a breach, thus venting whole planet.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    While I despise magical psychic Benos, I still like this idea. However it would require more survivors than 4 and this would probably shit pre-drop "balance" a bit and benos would cry and their tears would burn trough floor tiles, making a breach, thus venting whole planet.
    This is not a discussion channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.
    Can you tell me what happened after the shuttle crash in the Almayer?
    Does the Almayer crash on the planet after the 20 min limit?
    I ask this because at a RP level i always struggle with why would activate SD if the almayer is going to be destroy anyway.
    Also there is no part on evacuation or Self destruct on the wiki it seem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.
    Can you tell me what happened after the shuttle crash in the Almayer?
    Does the Almayer crash on the planet after the 20 min limit?
    I ask this because at a RP level i always struggle with why would activate SD if the almayer is going to be destroy anyway.
    Also there is no part on evacuation or Self destruct on the wiki it seem.
    Honestly, I have not heard the official newer position of the dev team.
    I think the crashes into the planet is the Spooky explanation but idk.
    My own opinion is that the fight goes on and we only end it for gameplay reasons.
    I also heard that the almayer has lost it's air. Or that after that time it is not recoverable.
    In the end sd is a draw and so is a timeout.