Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Viperious

Marine Name
    Thomas McMillen

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Arthur

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    I am indeed.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    An example of scenario where I could perform combat would be during FOB defence, a marine is dying just in view and the main enemy attack is concentrated from another direction. I open the cade and run for the marine and grab him, but as I am, a runner pounces me from the darkness and starts dragging the marine away. I would be allowed to pull out my emergency boot knife and pursue the runner, attacking it until it either released the marine and ran, or I was able to grab the marine and pull him back in-between slashes, since Synths have monstrous levels of melee ability.

Synthetic Character Story
    Captain William Crimson was sitting at his commanding station in the centre of the CiC, the room being somewhat tidy, but obvious signs of Chaos were still evident on the walls, the desks and the tables. He looked around at the overwatch consoles, noticing the obviously tense SOs, covered in bandages, before looking at an empty console with his patented Stoic glare, holding it for a moment until his attention was brought elsewhere.
    �Captain, I have the after-action report you wanted, and a nice hot tea, with milk and 3 sugars to start the day� He stated in his south British accent. Captain Crimson looked at the synth in surprise, not having the chance to drink something so formal and uncommon in the USCMC, before accepting the hot beverage and clip board with the report attached to it. �Thankyou Arthur, this looks different than the tea we have in our vendors, did you make it yourself?� He looked back towards Arthur Inquisitively while allowing the gentle aroma to enter his head. �Why of course, you can�t trust a yank to make a true British tea, I used the officer�s lounge kitchen to make it with best ingredients I could find� He clarification, nodding his head in the direction of the door leading to the officers lounge. Arthur proceeded to give the Captain a rather formal salute and waited for the Captain to relieve, upon which he motioned towards the injured officers to check on their well being and to hand out the rest of the tea he had produced. Captain Crimson watched him contently before blowing on the tea and sipping on it and looking at the report in his hand.

*Time: 11:00am Earth time

Arthur awoke from his cryo pod an hour before the rest of the crew, so that he could oversee menial tasks that he would most likely not have time for once the operation was underway. The pod opened above him as he sat up and examined his surroundings, taking note of the room�s APC to determine the power situation of the ship, before proceeding to step outside of the pod, satisfied with what he saw.

Arthur immediately began his brisk walk to the upper deck, his attire needing immediate fixing as he was in his cryo clothing. The next 5 minutes consisted of the Synthetic heading to his quarters, putting on his formal button up shirt and trousers and then moving towards the CiC, upon his arrival, he examined the room, swept a digit against a desk and look closely at it. �Dust. How horrid.� Arthur knew how unhealthy a work environment could be when dust was floating around all over the place and immediate got to work, putting on a clean apron from the kitchen and getting his duster, and for the next 20 minutes cleaning up the CiC in preparation for the Command staff�s arrival.

Arthur looked at the clock and noted the time, seeing that he still had 35 minutes left, he decided to move onto getting all relevant documents and forms tidy and prepared on the Captains and SO�s desks, a task with took at most 10 minutes. With 15 minutes remaining, Arthur tightened his apron and moved back to the kitchen, putting the gas burners on and arranging the appropriate pots and pans in line of requirement. After 15 minutes of intense cooking, Arthur knew command staff would be arriving shortly, and proceed to take 6 plates of fine English cuisine into the CiC and laid them out next to the neatly stacked files and folders. When the staff arrived to find Arthur placing the plates down, they were quite shocked to notice the back beans, toast, egg and 2 bacon strips on each egg. �Welcome CO, XO and SOs, I hope you�re hungry for breakfast, I made you a British specialty with an American twist�.

*Time: 14:27
    Arthur moved with haste as he turned the corner. The synth was previously in Requisitions, assisting the RO with final inventory as the operation had ended in success, until the report came in that enemies had boarded the rear of the ship and attacked multiple members of crew, including the CE, 2 MTs, the XO and 6 marines that were getting ready to re-enter cryo. All were in critical condition and medbay was clearly swamped. As Arthur entered, he examined the room closely, noting that all 4 Operating rooms were occupied and the 6 marines were on beds, his medhud highlighting each of their conditions.

Private Jonas Matthews, condition: stable. Lance Corporal Henry Mann, Condition: Critical, Internal Bleeding. Sergeant Luke Jenson, Condition: Deceased � Revivability: Heart Trauma. The other 3 were also stable, so Arthur knew he had to act quickly. �Staff Sergeant Jenkins, permission to use the Brigs operating room?� The MP was startled as they were in shock but was quickly brought back and looked towards the Synthetic unit, before nodding shakely. �Understood. Lance Corporal McMillen, come with me please, I�ll need your assistance. Please grab Lance Corporal Mann�s roller bed and come with me� McMillen snapped his head in the direction of Arthur and nodded back to the Synthetic, before following him to Brig medbay, both of them moving with urgency.

They entered the room and immediately placed Sergeant Jenson on the operating as he was the more urgent patient. �McMillen, keep Mann alive while I do this� McMillen nodded and gave Mann some more quick clot and attached the 0- IV to his body to replace the blood. Arthur put on a pair of sterile gloves and took out his incision tool from the surgical tray, making a precise cut along the right side of Jenson�s chest, before using a spreader to push apart the incision. Arthur dropped the Incision tool to the side and precured the bone saw from the surgical tray, and made direct cuts to Jenson�s ribcage, revealing the battered heart, before moving the obstructive ribs out of the way.

With direct access to the heart, he moved to grab the trauma kit and used to it to massage the heart and repair the damage, before putting it to the side and glancing at his medhud, noticing his revivable status reappearing, but then suddenly entering the brain death timer. With renewed urgency, Arthur sealed up the damage and reset the ribcage back into place, while McMillen prepared the Emergency defibrillator behind him. With the incision sealed and the timer ticking down, Arthur grabbed the charged defibrillator and placed the paddles on Jenson�s chest. �Clear!� He announced and pressed the paddles down, Jensen�s body jolted as the medhud reported that he was now back into stable conditions. McMillen let out a sigh of relief as they put Jensen onto a roller bed and put Mann onto the table for his Internal Bleeding repair surgery. �I can handle this from here, take Jensen back to the medbay.� McMillen nodded, and within 2 minutes, Arthur had completed the surgery and took Mann to the medbay.

As he entered the room, he examined and noticed the last 4 marines also in surgery, but something caught his eye. The APCs were all red. Arthur looked around and saw that all the crew able to perform engineering tasks were in the medbay and the Captain was busy in the CiC. Arthur knew exactly what happened and muttered the words �Sabotage� himself, before turning around moving quickly to the engineering area, but before he could even get there, the lights all turn off and the creaked as the engines came to a stop, which was bad with the ship still being in orbit. Arthur moved even quicker and approached lower engineering, noticing that the doors were all open, but he had more pressing matters to attend to. Arthur entered the room and noticed that the reactors were all busted and the SMES had been set to no longer output power, meaning his suspicions were correct. The Synthetic moved towards the generators and began to repair the reactors.

Arthur�s attention was suddenly grabbed as a light shun on him and he turned around. �Arthur? Is that you?� Asked the silhouette in the darkness �It is indeed I. Did the Captain send you to investigate Staff Officer McKenzie?� Arthur could recognize the voice of anyone in this crew from even the simplest vocal. �Yeah, he told me to bring him here if there was no one working on it, but it seems like you have it handled. I�ll hea- Wait what was that?!� He yelled, pointing his pistol and torch to the place he saw movement and saw an enemy combatant, most likely the one responsible for the damage done to the reactors. He also had a weapon trained on the SO, but before a word could be muttered both opened fire. The enemy combatant cried out in pain and dropped to the ground as the round has pierced his chest and damaged his heart. Behind Arthur however, first the torch and weapon dropped, quickly following by McKenzie�s limp body, the bullet had gone straight between his eyes. Both were now dead, McKenzie was unrevivable, but the hostile would be with heart surgery, however Arthur still had to repair the damage. MPs quickly ran in as the lights came back on in response to the gunfire. �Arthur, what happened?!� they yelled, staring at the 2 dead bodies, while Arthur stood up from the SMES as he finishes inputting numbers, before wiping the oil off his body. �Staff Officer McKenzie killed the saboteur but died doing so� Both MPs shoulders dropped. �Can they be saved?� They asked desperately. Arthur looked at McKenzie�s brain-dead reading, and then at the enemy�s revivable reading. �Negative.� He stated coldly.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    One of the best ways to describe Arthur�s quirk is to considerate and calculating and both of those combined. For instance, considering the best way to raise marine morale and calculating the most efficient way to that, while also increasing work speed of other marines and staff. Additionally, Arthur will provide information that others may not be aware of or missed due to hectic situations in a way that is obviously synthetic. E.g. �If you fortify this area, your chances of survival will increase approximately 23.46% Captain�

Also he's British and tries to add some of that good ol' Britanian culture to the ship.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    As many people can attest, I have a heavy amount of experience in Engineering roles, with my biggest being Chief Engineer as it gave me top engineering stats/abilities, while also putting me in the chain of command, which leads on the next question. (Also, my time as CE allowed me to identify a bug with tiles, where light tiles could only be placed on very specific areas on the ship, or would become void tiles, which a developer told me had been eluding them for a while a long time ago)

How familiar are you with Command?
    Again, there is no doubt about my abilities to play command roles. Most of my play time in March was as XO, while the rest of my play time is spread between SL, Doctor, CMO, Medic and occasionally PFC if it�s late in the round and none of those roles are available.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I absolutely love playing CMO and have on one occasion had a staff member time a 3 fracture surgery from start to finish to prove a point (The time was about just over a minute). Keeping players in the game in something I always like to do, as I know just how frustrating it can be when you are permanently removed from a round due to the incompetence of medics and doctors around (Being the only command member in the crew during low pop, and being left outside triage until going brain dead because not a single doctor decided to treat me)

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Since most of my XO experience is during low pop, I often found times when req staff was either 1 or none. Meaning I would actively have to take over requisition duties until a CT or RO woke up to take over, and on other occasions, when Req is fully staffed during high pop, I would pull marines out of the lines and to the north or south door to take their orders separately to speed up the process.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I often find myself doing things that a synth would be expected to, and loving every minute of it. Being a synth would not only give me the ability to assist the crew with a synth�s overpowered support skills/stats, but would allow me to incorporate a years� worth of experience on Colonial marines to benefit the game for everyone on my team.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I have not.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    I am not.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I think no one can call my intentions or aspirations into question. I have made it painfully clear multiple times that I want to obtain every whitelist and I have been working towards this goal for the better part of a year, and I will fight tooth and nail to achieve this, no matter what obstacles stand in my way.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by Viperious; 05-18-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A thanks to Jakkk for advising me against doing the after action report in First person.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking to some staff about your past whitelist requests and I expressed some doubt on you obtaining it anything soon.

You've proven me wrong, the quality of the application is better than most and your behaviour in game has improved a lot.

I'm willing to give you a chance.

+1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am warning people right now.
    There will be NO SHITPOSTING, Harrasment, or anyone bringing up drama in this thread.
    If you do it, I will issue you infraction points and bans.

This is your only warning.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a group of marines recognized that you play Arthur, and thusly ran up to Arthur and began punching you and calling you names, how would you react?

How are you different from the Viperious 2 months ago?
    Synthetic Senator

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    If a group of marines recognized that you play Arthur, and thusly ran up to Arthur and began punching you and calling you names, how would you react?

How are you different from the Viperious 2 months ago?
    A synth is a heavily RP dependant role, so I believe that I would be able to handle the issue IC. I would start by asking them to cease their hostility and would report the incident to the MPs over Sec comms, requesting an MP to detain the marines if they failed to stop. Reporting it to staff would be difficult to do as there is no way to prove that they are attacking me for OOC reasons, so unless they directly admit to it in game or out of it, reporting them will only go so far. However, I don't think staff would appreciate marines punching a synth for any reason, regardless of if it's due to my reputation. Whenever I get attacked by marines, I tend to not retaliate and will stand there until I've either been killed or left in crit and will ahelp it.

I would like to believe that I am constantly improving. Even though I have only just come back from a month long break, I was still around in the discord, even if it was minimal. Also I have maintained good behaviour In game and only had a few minor incidents in discord, with my last note being in February, though I know there are people who would disagree that I have changed in any way.

As clarification of how I will react to being attacked:

When I'm a marine, I let them break the rules without retaliation and report it as it happens
    If I'm a Synth, I'll RP the situation, inform the MPs, move away from the hostiles and report it to staff
    Last edited by Viperious; 05-18-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self preservation laws would cause you to fight back to a degree. Call the MPs, and start decking the fuckers.

-1, getting beaten into crit is rules enough for you to activate your self preservation laws. I'm not including your OOC personality or controversy into this, though that is plenty of reason on its own.
    Synthetic Senator

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Self preservation laws would cause you to fight back to a degree. Call the MPs, and start decking the fuckers.

-1, getting beaten into crit is rules enough for you to activate your self preservation laws. I'm not including your OOC personality or controversy into this, though that is plenty of reason on its own.
    I think you missed my clarification that I only do that as a marine, since replying to a rule break with another rule break will get you an equal punishment. Additionaly, the 1st rule of the synthetic guide lines literally says not to harm marine personal. If a group of retards want to run up to me to ruin my round and potentially get me de-whitelisted through retaliation, I will not give them the satisfaction, I will simply remove myself from danger and let the MPs and staff handle them. I don't think there is a single whitelisted Synth currently that would openly attack marines because they started punching them to be trolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At risk of Thesoldier's warning and my currently pending mod application, I'm going to have to break this down for you, Barney-style.

As I've stated on your Commanding Officer application, the whitelist application is there to make sure poor members of the community don't otherwise ruin or disrupt the flow of the game, round to round, with the difficult to acquire and gameflow altering roles.

Your standing in the community isn't improved despite you simply 'laying low' for a while. You have a warning tag on our Discord server, you don't acknowledge or listen to any sort of advice from members of the community on how to improve your standing, even starkly refusing to do so. You go behind people's backs and complain to multiple different people hoping for something to be changed, rather than trying to go about change positively for yourself. As Chad as you might think this is, the whitelist doesn't need Chad synths, and neither does the community.

Your story doesn't bring anything to the table we haven't already seen from the whitelist, and including player characters for praise from their players? I can't lie to you about your chances, but you can find my sympathy in the dictionary between shit and syphilis, my friend.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    At risk of Thesoldier's warning and my currently pending mod application, I'm going to have to break this down for you, Barney-style.

As I've stated on your Commanding Officer application, the whitelist application is there to make sure poor members of the community don't otherwise ruin or disrupt the flow of the game, round to round, with the difficult to acquire and gameflow altering roles.

Your standing in the community isn't improved despite you simply 'laying low' for a while. You have a warning tag on our Discord server, you don't acknowledge or listen to any sort of advice from members of the community on how to improve your standing, even starkly refusing to do so. You go behind people's backs and complain to multiple different people hoping for something to be changed, rather than trying to go about change positively for yourself. As Chad as you might think this is, the whitelist doesn't need Chad synths, and neither does the community.

Your story doesn't bring anything to the table we haven't already seen from the whitelist, and including player characters for praise from their players? I can't lie to you about your chances, but you can find my sympathy in the dictionary between shit and syphilis, my friend.

Well I can't say I'm exactly surprised by the -1 from you and Jakkk, as that was always going to be the case no matter what I did.

However I do need to address the points you have raised, barney-style.

1. Based on the fact that I haven't had any notes in the last 3 months, and that everyone to my knowledge believes I am at the very least mechanically able to perform the duties, I do not understand why you believe that me simply being the round Synth will "ruin or disrupt the flow of the game".

2. I think it's too soon to declare where my standing in the community currently is, unless you're privey to information that I am currently not (Unless you're referring to notorious shit posters who would love to see me gone). Having a month break has given me the chance to return with a fresh attitude.

3. I do not have a warning tag on Discord. I had warning tag for a week 2 months ago, but no one bother to remove it until I brought it up upon my return (Also that warning tag was for asking Cakey what his favourite food was).

4. And sure, I talk to people in private about things that have been said and done towards me from other members of the community. So does everyone else. There is literally a server for 70+ full of CM players that as far as I know spread rumours about me and make jokes about my mental disability and physical disability from Aspergers and Brain damage. I do try to change myself for the better constantly, and I do take people's advise and listen to what they have to say.

5. Just because I refused your "suggestion" for me to completely form a new identity under a Ckey to have any hope of getting anywhere, does not mean I am ignorant to being helped.

6. As was discussed in Whitelist-Help literally yesterday, Synths aren't expected to be completely unique from every other synth. My story portrayed the kind of character I wanted to play, if that makes the story too much like another story, then fine, deny me, and also remove the whitelist of every other Synth that has a story or quirk.

7. I fail to understand what makes you think I intend to be a "Chad Synth" when I've stated and portrayed in my playstyle that I love to keep players in the round and be a valuable asset. The way I act when I am a spec or Squad leader in combat does not determine the way I will act as a Synth in Roleplay and support roles.

8. And lastly, it's just low for you to even imply that I used Solidfury's character name in the story to get praise from him. Solid has been paying attention to my development since my CO application, where he started off as skeptical over time has become one of the few people in the community that I can consider a friend. I did not just randomly throw his name into the story, I directly spoke to him before writing and obtained his permission and details about his character before the first word was even written.

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to recieving actual questions about my application from the remaining council.
    Last edited by Viperious; 05-19-2019 at 01:24 AM.