User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Viperious - Synthetic Application

Junior Member NewOriginalSchwann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You took Emerald's advice to apply for synthetic before trying other whitelists and applied for predator.

Soluble and Jakkkk have presently laid out my main complaints, and I have nothing to add beyond a serious suggestion to consider taking the offer given to you by the moderation team to start again on a new account.

Update!

Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I look forward to recieving [sic] actual questions about my application from the remaining council.
    You were asked a question by a member of the council and you failed to answer it properly. This response does not inspire the already trifling amount of confidence I have in you.
    Last edited by NewOriginalSchwann; 05-19-2019 at 03:31 AM.
    A player with too many character names.

Also I play Yin, the synthetic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOriginalSchwann View Post
    You took Emerald's advice to apply for synthetic before trying other whitelists and applied for predator.

Soluble and Jakkkk have presently laid out my main complaints, and I have nothing to add beyond a serious suggestion to consider taking the offer given to you by the moderation team to start again on a new account.

Update!

You were asked a question by a member of the council and you failed to answer it properly. This response does not inspire the already trifling amount of confidence I have in you.
    From the people I've spoken to, my answer was appropriate and Jakkk neglected to read my clarification and misrepresented my answer.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questions:

1. Marines are engaging a large group of xenos and you're with them. A warrior keeps grabbing you and trying to pull you away from the group, what do you do?

2. Aliens have boarded the Almayer and the evac is called, however an officer orders you not to evacuate and stay with them.

4. CMO ordered you to help in medbay that is well staffed and power goes out in CiC.

5. How will you show that your synthetic is not human?

6. How is roleplay different as a synthetic from a human?

8. Did you notice there's no number 3?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Questions:

1. Marines are engaging a large group of xenos and you're with them. A warrior keeps grabbing you and trying to pull you away from the group, what do you do?

2. Aliens have boarded the Almayer and the evac is called, however an officer orders you not to evacuate and stay with them.

4. CMO ordered you to help in medbay that is well staffed and power goes out in CiC.

5. How will you show that your synthetic is not human?

6. How is roleplay different as a synthetic from a human?

8. Did you notice there's no number 3?
    1. First of all, I as a synth wouldn't/shouldn't be on the front lines, so I'm assuming that this is taking place at the FOB defence since a Synth would not willingly enter a combat zone, knowing that there is high likelihood of being attacked. However, in the event that a warrior keeps grabbing me and attempts to pull me away, I would have no issue with hitting a few times with any available melee weapon, until it was either disabled or fled, at which point I would return to safety and allow the marines to handle the combat.

2. If I believe that me remaining will not 100% result in my termination, or that the path to evacuation is too dangerous, I would have no problem with remaining on the Almayer. This may change in the event of assured death, like in the event of Self Destruct, self preservation will be a top priority and ordering a synthetic unit to kill itself would be considered an unlawful order.

4. As the CMO is concidered the lowest of commissioned officers (to Synths alone), I would have to follow their lawful order to assist the fully staffed medbay until someone else in command orders me to do otherwise. However, since both a packed medbay (regardless of if it's fully staffed or not) and CiC losing power are considered emergencies, I believe this would be a case by case basis based on the severity of the amount of wounded in medbay, and the ability of command/engineering staff to restore power to the CiC without the use of a synthetic. This answer was changed after carefully rereading the Synthetic guidelines after a discussion about where the CMO stands on the chain of command.

5. Providing factual information even when situation may not call for it. Coldly calculuate the best odds of success, even if that means loss of life or equipment. And being overly formal, to the extent where it is obviously acting/forced

6. As a synthetic, there are much stricter restrictions as you are a computer, not a person. While playing as a human, my actions may be based on merit, emotion and chances for glory, as a Synth, my actions would be based on numbers, efficiency and rules that must never be broken.

9. Did you notice my answer to number 5 didn't end in a full stop?
    Last edited by Viperious; 05-19-2019 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Changed answer 4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are my remarks.

1: You have taken the time to show you are a good player both IC and OOC with knowing the game mechanics and role playing them accordingly from Unga to command.
    2: Your answers are level headed, Show effort and more thoughtful than others I have seen as of late on several applications all considering.
    3: I think you would be good in this role and it would open doors to prove yourself for other white lists.

I'm going to give my +1 to this application due to the above.

Likewise, After reading what was said by others on this application and prior applications, I realize you are on an uphill battle here despite the well put answers. So I say you deserve a chance to prove yourself. Keep in mind that it is very rare I make forum posts on white-list roles and even my own CO white-list I took months to finish just to ensure everything was spot-on.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am willing to give you a chance. Synth, unlike other two whitelists, don't get the tools to grief the round and end it for someone, thus my concerns with you having a shit reputation and possibly failing at a whitelist are minimal here with a synthetic. If you fuck up, you will be dewhitelisted, simple as that, but for what it's worth, for the fact that you are trying to improve yourself as a person, that you're nice to talk to, that you're trying, you have my +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a fine app. Hopefully the backlash for +1 ing this won't be as severe this time. There's some strong bias in this neck of the woods.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    I am willing to give you a chance. Synth, unlike other two whitelists, don't get the tools to grief the round and end it for someone, thus my concerns with you having a shit reputation and possibly failing at a whitelist are minimal here with a synthetic. If you fuck up, you will be dewhitelisted, simple as that, but for what it's worth, for the fact that you are trying to improve yourself as a person, that you're nice to talk to, that you're trying, you have my +1
    Thankyou so much, you won't regret this <3

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainyankee View Post
    It's a fine app. Hopefully the backlash for +1 ing this won't be as severe this time. There's some strong bias in this neck of the woods.
    Thankyou for the support! Hopefully you will come out of this unscathed x3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually willing to give you a shot, I'll be mirroring what Acute said.

Please, DO NOT make me regret my decision.

+1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.