Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Viperious - Synthetic Application

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    I've been thinking about it and I think I've come to a conclusion, but first a few words

Learn to embrace the suck. Synthetics get bullied a lot from all sides and things might not always go your way. They may have some tools to deal with some of this, but not all, so sometimes you just gotta accept it happened and deal with it. Dying can be fun and death is never forever.

You may also have noticed, but you are slightly controversial and so, while it may seem unfair, expect to be judged harsher than others. We all make mistakes. some worse than others, but it is always good to keep in mind.

+1
    Thankyou Vampmare, you won't regret this. I will take everything you have said to heart and will work on the points you have brought up.

Has the council informed Emerald of their decission?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the words of Tom Dinkle/ImHeretoHelp,

"If he fucks up he gets removed"

Just RP devoid of emotion and you should be fine, and don't ahelp "I DIDN GET MUH REVIVEEEEE" if your head gets removed from your robotic body

God speed
    That's a yes, I just refuse to do plus ones or minus ones.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    In the words of Tom Dinkle/ImHeretoHelp,

"If he fucks up he gets removed"

Just RP devoid of emotion and you should be fine, and don't ahelp "I DIDN GET MUH REVIVEEEEE" if your head gets removed from your robotic body

God speed
    That's a yes, I just refuse to do plus ones or minus ones.
    Yeah, I understand that it's effectively impossible to permanently remove a Synth from the game as long as competent medical staff is around. But as you may have noticed, I have grown very used to incompetent medical crew. Thankyou for the support ^^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good thing about Synths is they are hard to screw up as. You don't get a giant plasmacaster that'll ruin a Marines/Aliens day, and you can't order the Marine force to certain death. Your just a robotic helper, devoid of emotion.

Viperious has approached me in the past for minor feedback, so I'm happy to see a more positive change in this app.

Your in game conduct has been to a good standard from what I've seen. You've expressed a good grasp of support roles, and you've answered the questions on this app well.

The best that'll come from this app is you'll prove you can hold yourself to a higher standard, and can increase your participation in the community and start to move away from your negative past. The worst is you'll just be dewhitelisted.

I'm giving a +1
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You answered the questions with detail and effort.

I will +1 you, however you will be watched carefully by everyone so be prepared. Don't do anything stupid for a meme or such, I trust you with this so do not disapoint me, Good luck.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DommyGaming View Post
    You answered the questions with detail and effort.

I will +1 you, however you will be watched carefully by everyone so be prepared. Don't do anything stupid for a meme or such, I trust you with this so do not disapoint me, Good luck.
    Good to see you still around Starr, thanks for the support!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    I think you missed my clarification that I only do that as a marine, since replying to a rule break with another rule break will get you an equal punishment. Additionaly, the 1st rule of the synthetic guide lines literally says not to harm marine personal. If a group of retards want to run up to me to ruin my round and potentially get me de-whitelisted through retaliation, I will not give them the satisfaction, I will simply remove myself from danger and let the MPs and staff handle them. I don't think there is a single whitelisted Synth currently that would openly attack marines because they started punching them to be trolls.
    First things first if a group of ungas start going to town on you while you are playing synth you're supposed to preserve your well being without harming the ungas. This includes running away, calling MP's, disarming, etc. You don't just sit there and take it as it does conflict with the self-perservation rule quite a bit, even if its in this case a OOC issue.

Now, I've never personally had any problem or trouble with you IC or OOC, but I've heard the stories. You've gone through mess ups, some big and some smaller. But maybe, the fact you are still here trying to improve your name and etc means they were infact accidents/misunderstandings which you've hopefully at this point learned from? There's no way for me to be sure in that, but again since you are still here I'd like to believe so.

If we look beyond your reputation and focus on the app itself, it's not a particullary bad one. Story has dialogue and the quirk is doable. Your answers don't seem exactly bad either, except your answer to Jakkk's question. But to me that one is not the biggest of deals, cause your answer to it makes sense since ungas randomly trying to kill you is a OOC issue, its just that there's no reason for you to just stand there and let them go at you when your programming says otherwise.

I think it's time you're given a shot. 1+
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post
    First things first if a group of ungas start going to town on you while you are playing synth you're supposed to preserve your well being without harming the ungas. This includes running away, calling MP's, disarming, etc. You don't just sit there and take it as it does conflict with the self-perservation rule quite a bit, even if its in this case a OOC issue.

Now, I've never personally had any problem or trouble with you IC or OOC, but I've heard the stories. You've gone through mess ups, some big and some smaller. But maybe, the fact you are still here trying to improve your name and etc means they were infact accidents/misunderstandings which you've hopefully at this point learned from? There's no way for me to be sure in that, but again since you are still here I'd like to believe so.

If we look beyond your reputation and focus on the app itself, it's not a particullary bad one. Story has dialogue and the quirk is doable. Your answers don't seem exactly bad either, except your answer to Jakkk's question. But to me that one is not the biggest of deals, cause your answer to it makes sense since ungas randomly trying to kill you is a OOC issue, its just that there's no reason for you to just stand there and let them go at you when your programming says otherwise.

I think it's time you're given a shot. 1+
    Thankyou for the support, though as I tried to clarify for Jakkk, I would never stand there and take it as a Synth as I see at as something that needs to be handled by in game and out of game. My example of me standing there and taking it was in the event of being a standard marine, and retaliation would result in me being punished, as an example of how I have improved when dealing with those that are acting innapropriately.

Once again, thankyou ^^

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so for a few days now I've been thinking about and discussing with the council about what I plan on doing with this application. While I can see real reasons to consider both accepting or denying this, ultimately I've come to the decision to accept the application. Viperious has a passion for the role, so he has potential at the very least. That said, that same thing can lead to him getting in trouble with the whitelist. I advise he keeps a level head when playing as synth as getting the whitelist is only the start, playing the role and keeping to the whitelist rules is its own challenge. With this app being controversial in its own ways, there will be players watching you more closely than others and there's no way around that so make sure not to be rash in decision making.

Another thing I'd like to address with this application, in the same way that we do not allow harassment on Viperious, or any player for that matter, people should not be talking shit about Jakkk and Soluble about their opinions to not support this app. A council member or any community member is not required to support an app just because others support it. Going forward, I do not want to hear about people talking down others publically because someone voted differently than what they think. While council votes are important, they are far from the sole factor to getting an application accepted. If you personally believe that a council member should have voted differently, then I advise use your vote on the appeal to help show your belief or lack-there-of in an application, as the community vote played a big part in this application. Resolved.