User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown - Unlawful BE and Perma over Hat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are in the wrong and floundering in an attempt to rationalize your actions. I don't really have anything else to add and tire of this petty back and forth. The logs are posted and the council will make a decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't take it anymore, I have to chime in because of the amount of falsehoods.

- You have an air of condescension here, that also shows up in your game playing as a CO.

I was in that round.

- Literally everyone on the dropship was completely shocked at the disproportionate response, and every marine was screaming, yelling "WTF" and some were calling for a mutiny. Over your SINGLE action.

- The rest of the round EVERYONE hated him and ignored his orders.

https://i.imgur.com/9rwERXs.png

- YOU delayed the dropship, endangering the mission, no one else's actions did that (a PFC has no authority to delay a DS), and for that alone you'd be demoted.
    - The job of the military police to handle things like that. If you can't get the MP's, the MISSION is still the goal. You cannot hide behind marine law to justify intentionally throwing a mission.
    - Dropship crew were talking of throwing the round because of you.
    - You role-played as a dictator like Mussolini, not, a respected commanding officer. (Would you be okay with other captains/COs/etc doing the same thing every round?) This cannot be understated. The scene is straight out of a "war crime" picture on the front of a magazine.
    - The entire marine round WAS completely borked as part of morale and the the delay. A CO concerned with the mission would have launched immediately and had MP's grab him from the field when able. You know, a rational decision instead of emotional revenge by abusing a position of authority.
    - The marines barely setup a FOB in time and were overwhelmed almost immediately. (26 minutes from the time of the BE, we lost the mission as the queen entered the FOB.)

- (I cannot believe it has to be said that when someone disrespects the chain of command, you brig them, not blow their head off.)

- Another FUN FALSE FACT from this thread. There were MULTIPLE PEOPLE without helmets on, and the CO, fixed on his tunnel-vision authoritarian control-freak murder spree didn't notice or care. And here's the proof:

https://i.imgur.com/IqvVs9l.png

Not one, not two, not even three. But FOUR OTHER PEOPLE without helmets on, and 1) you don't care about their helmets and LET THE DS LEAVE (with no helmets!). 2) you don't even notice them because all you cared about is the disrespect to your imaginary internet character that you took personally for which you're now trying to pretend is justified in-game as some righteous upholding of law. You say were trying to "Save" the mission yet your actions actually endangered it. You let the DS leave, without helmets (proving it had nothing to do with helmets), and you only delayed the entire mission so you could murder a guy.

There is no doubt in my mind that you would have been court-martialled and possibly tried for murder. You killed a guy over a hat, in a room with four other people with hats. These are facts.
    Last edited by novous; 05-20-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council had a large debate over this report and we have come to a conclusion:

Griffith plays a strict captain. When he gives an order, he expects others to follow it and if not he will make sure his orders are enforced. Enforcement requires tools; unfortunately, Griffith did not have the tools to handle this situation. He could either Disarm or BE. Disarm is too weak and BE is too extreme. While we can sympathize with Griffith's frustration over a marine who, by his own admission, purposely disobeyed him just because he didn't like the order, a BE over not wearing a helmet is never justified. If Griffith had a flash and handcuffs (or the MPs, but they were busy or incompetent), this situation would have been resolved very easily and round flow would not have been stifled.

As punishment, Griffith was spoken to over Discord voice chat with all Council members present. We provided advice on how to better act in these situations and gave a stern warning that any future CO reports (that have merit) will result in serious punishment.

As for formal staff punishment, the Council requests a warning for Griffith. Any future problems will result in actual punishment.
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 05-20-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont be using the conculsion of this report to take veiled shots at donald.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Griffith has received a warning in the past, however it was two months ago so I don't mind giving another one, though warnings aren't forever. The job of the CO is in part to help the round flow, not to cause more round issues. That said, players who are going to go out of their way to ignore/insult the CO are accepting whatever happens to them. Regardless, Griffith78 has been warned for disrupting the round flow for a relatively minor event.