Byond ID?
    JusticeRings

CM Character?
    Justice Wells

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    +9:00 Seoul

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I am 34. I worked in the gaming industry as QA and admin staff for SOE for awhile, and non proffessionally on old school MUDs

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    none

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    none

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Ask him why he felt the need to shoot someone. If it was an accident then make a note of it to see if it happens again.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask both players their side of the story and ask a more senior admin if available their opinion.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Talk to them and point them towards the wiki. Answer questions as necessary.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    If there are any available point him in that direction. If there are not tell him he needs to stop his behavior until one is available. Give him likely times.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Message the player and tell them to pick a more appropriate name next round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Leave it up to an MP. If they refuse the MP's orders then it is an issue for admins.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Not sure, would have to ask both their sides and check into the rules thoroughly. Most likely leave it alone as long as it was good RP.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Talk to both parties. Point out a round long punishment is out of proportion if that is what happened.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Announce a count down possibly. Would deffinitely bounce it off senior Admins for suggestions.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Talk to them in character about it. Teach them if neccessary. If they are not replying or seem to just be griefing talk to them through admin messages and apply the correct punishment.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    That is against the rules but is not on every server. Possible they did not thoroughly read the rules. Point them towards the rules and make a note of who it was.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Talk to the marine, if it is a new person then a teaching moment may be all it takes.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Talk to him about uneven responses and how he should not respond to being hit anyway. Could have easily been an accident.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Tell them to not go through with it.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    In my experience roleplaying racists is a thin cover for actually being one. I am not entirely sure what the servers rules are on it. But on a personal level I would want to put a stop to it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Not sure what we are capable of. Get his username report it to thje other admins but ban it till others can review?

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask them why they did it. My first time I played one I was confused even after reading the wiki. Some times people get over excited and think they can help in some small way. Explain the reality and the rules then move on.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Talk to them about it. If they do not follow simple suggestions from an admin tell them it isnt acceptable and they will be muted if it continues.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Ignore it. Theres a rule that states hivemind understands eachother.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Message the command staff and tell them that marines are unaware of this at the start and to play it that way.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    It is RP, dickish RP but RP. If he played it like a champ I would leave it alone.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Escelate it if possible. If not mute them and report it to other admins for later review.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell him thats not how this server works. And it is impossible anyway.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Talk to them in the discord about it so it can be corrected in private.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Report it to head staff. I imagine the buck stops somewhere.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    It is a great game. If I could contribute in a small way I would be happy too. I also live in Korea for the next year or two, so during my play time there are not many admins.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Moderation a little too on the nose? Consideration... patience?

Anything else you
    none

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately a number of these answers are pretty far off from how we normally handle things. Have you taken a look at any of the accepted applications?
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at your note history/time.

It seems you're a bit new to the server, and just got a note for a oopsie the other day.
    I think you need some more time to get to learn how things work in the community at the moment.

Good luck in the future, but its a no from me.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't up to the standards I believe we require, and we are also very full on staff at the moment. I'm afraid it's a -1 from me.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever works for you guys. I was literally asked to apply because my time zone. Figured I would give my best answer and someone could inform me otherwise, expecting me to know in advance how to do it correctly seems a bit silly. Also having a note for not knowing how Xeno work on my first use is a bit of a silly reason. Either way, Cheers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeRings View Post
    Whatever works for you guys. I was literally asked to apply because my time zone. Figured I would give my best answer and someone could inform me otherwise, expecting me to know in advance how to do it correctly seems a bit silly. Also having a note for not knowing how Xeno work on my first use is a bit of a silly reason. Either way, Cheers.
    You aren't expected to know how it works, but you are expected to research other applications and draw from them to come close to the bar we require. And even though not knowing how to xeno the rules are the rules and ignorance is no excuse. I think with some time and some sustained continued gameplay for a few months you would make a great addition but until then, just keep rolling as a regular player my friend, cheers!
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeRings View Post
    I am not entirely sure what the servers rules are on it.
    Among what others have said I just want to point this out. Knowing our rules is entirely what we as moderators are required to know. If you don't know the rules how can we trust you to enforce them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, someone said they needed more people in the time zone to keep an eye out. I said I was in the time zone and was willing. Was just trying to be helpful. Apparently you guys are not as hard up as the guy claimed. It was well intentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, love the server and what you have done with the game. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a interesting application but you need a bit more polish. -1 on this one for me.