User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown - Rule 2, 6

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the staff member who handled the situation as it occurred in-game.

Regarding the "meta-knowledge" of Dinkle knowing that Water Treatment was broken, it had been discussed between Dinkle and a member of staff (Cakey) that it could essentially be treated as tcomms. It is a vital asset of the colony's existence, and it would therefore not be particularly irrational to send a squad there. Ordering single squads in early deployments to locations (such as tcomms) has precedence and has not been an issue. Dinkle acted in confidence that it was allowed after discussing it with a member of staff. I left it at that.

As for the part regarding Dinkle mentioning the "Queen" by name, I spoke with him about it. He slipped up and acknowledges that it was a mistake. Given that it was not consequential to the round (as it was said only among a couple in the CIC), that people refer to the xenomorphs by name without general consequence, and that it was a simple Freudian slip on his part, I simply requested that he be more careful and left it at that.

I cannot speak for Dinkle ignoring his Command staff or any potential Rule 2 breach, as no ahelp or mention was made regarding this. Therefore it is outside of the scope of my commentary. The aforementioned issues, however - the Water Treatment and Queen incidents - were handled to my satisfaction.

EDIT: It has also come to my attention that marines are allowed to refer to xenos by name (Queen, Ravager, etc). This was a belief I held at the time but did not have total confidence in. This has changed after speaking with a higher-up in staff.
    Last edited by scsnv; 05-20-2019 at 11:46 PM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I'm speaking on behalf the Council.

The Filtration for the dam is basically the same as Tcomms/Power. We are going to a HydroDam that is derelict for a few weeks, you can assume that its non functioning and requires a repair. ARES would most likely tell you that. So its actually fine for that.

The calling the Screecher a "Queen" instead of a Screecher is also kind of minor and really not an Issue as Emerald has told me before. Xenos will call the "Metal Hive" the Almayer. So its something that isnt really a major issue.

We spoke to Dinkle about it for a while and we informed him of this and we came to a better understanding on this as a council. So we are of the opinion Dinkle will not be warned for this.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I discussed this with the council and what Bancrose said is pretty much exactly what I said, so I won't bother to repeat the same information. This really didn't need to be a report, but resolved.