User Tag List

View Poll Results: well, what you think?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • great idea misto

31 49.21%
  • bad idea misto

22 34.92%
  • MY idea is way better

5 7.94%
  • tl dr

5 7.94%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: on the fate of facehugging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb on the fate of facehugging

we must come to grips with certain facts. marines, naturally, hate being facehugged, even if theyve been stunned by whatever means. xenos, too, hate the effort it takes to bring someone in alive and keep watch on them. queens hate having to restrict slashing and face the wall of bitching that results. hive chat is routinely full of complaints of inadequate secure nests. huge numbers of people on BOTH SIDES dislike how facehugging is currently handled.

we have already begun to see experiments in phasing out the importance of hugging, whether or not you want to admit that's what is going on, in the implementation of burrowed larva supply. the slippery slope is already being slid down. let us discuss what the next steps could be.

1. remove active facehugging of conscious marines. "active facehugging" means a player xeno places the hugger on an awake marine. this does not include eggs, thrown huggers and resin holes. ssd or marines fully unconscious for any other reason remain fair game. this paves our way into the next items

2. since eggs, thrown huggers and hugger resin holes can still get people, the KO duration of being gotten by them should be greatly reduced if not downgraded wholly into a brief knockdown.

3. make xenos scavengers of the dead - this will necessitate removing the pull restrictions, of course. (EDIT: HEY PAY ATTENTION! IF THE DRAGGING IS ONLY ALLOWED ONCE THE DEFIB TIMER IS UP THEN YOU CAN STOP QUIVERING IN YOUR BOOTIES ABOUT MISSING OUT ON DEFIBS) huggers can now interact with corpses to produce viable larvae. dead marine mains should pray that their allies recover their bodies for resurrection or else move on into the cryo-ert waiting list. if this makes marines too sad, throw them a bone by extending defib time - recovering dead bodies can be so much fun!

4. multibursting should be removed because rarely is there ever a shortage of corpses. burrowed larva can stay as a sort of virtualized storage space for larvae, but the amount of free larvae received for marine logons should probably be reduced to reflect plentiful corpse supply

5. resin nests should be removed because their only purpose is to keep living people prisoner, which isnt going to be a factor anymore.

6. you can now experiment with making larva growth take a lot longer as a balancing feature because you dont have to worry about a player being imprisoned in the xeno nest for half an hour or whatever you want to try setting it to, because theyre dead now

7. voila. you are now never going to be held prisoner paincritted, neurospammed, or tacklespammed in the alien nest ever again because you're fuckin dead.

8. this makes corpse recovery for defcon points extra important, he he he

9. what about the poor doctors? they need job security! dont worry! since eggs, thrown huggers and resin holes can still get people, your traditional skills remain relevant. in addition, now you have to screen the human corpses that are brought up to make sure they dont have no alien shit growing in them. i expect the crematorium to be getting a lot more use. have fun

what do you think of my genius, elegant solution to the fact that facehugging living people is a feature that basically everyone on both teams hates, while keeping carriers not totally useless

BONUS FEATURE: it also helps make the creatures in this game more distinct from copyrighted entities

ps.1. it occurs to me that marines may desire a way to "process" unrevivable corpses that does not require c4 or shipping it up to a crematorium, im sure that flamethrowers can do the job.

ps.2. if you set the larva growth period to a very long time, it may make it irrelevant to stock the stolen ds with infested corpses to bring up due to the time limit on almayer battles now. whether this is a good thing or not is up to you, but if it becomes an issue you could have larval growth speed accelerate during the almayer fight so that the corpses are not suddenly completely irrelevant

ps.3 if xenos being allowed to drag corpses is too much of a drag, you could work out compromises there. perhaps by making the pulling of corpses laboriously slow so that they are incentivized to stash them near to the site of death, or dragging only being permitted after the defib timer has expired
    Last edited by misto; 05-21-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Infecting corpses is a great idea!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came here expecting an awful idea and left feeling rather impressed. This could work but there is a lot more to discuss about it. Like you know hugger traps being pointless if you cant hugged awake marines.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty well thought out. The corpse infection would actually solve a lot of the problems that both xenos and marines have.

Marines hate being constantly nested/tackle/nurospam, and xenos usually find nest baby-sitting to be boring as Hell.

I would normally suggest something along the lines of denying the enemy, like marines burning their dead, but that would just cause more problems, like PFC Jackass McTurdNugget setting fire to every corpse he sees, even those that medics are currently treating.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly really like this idea, it's the best solution I've seen so far to the tedious bore fest that is the current capture system. Someone should probably gitlab this.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An idea that makes the game more fun/remove parts that are not fun = good idea.

I endorse this. It's worth testing at the very least.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PROBLEM: idea necessitates the reintroduction of corpsedragging, which was terrible and frustrating and everyone hated it

rather than reintroducing corpsedragging and removing multibursts, leave corpsedragging off but speed up the burst timer and have guaranteed multibursts

that way, corpsedragging stays out but instead carriers can come and infect corpses to act as fun pinatas to burst later and sow panic in the marine ranks, and even though live marines can no longer be infected doctors still have plenty of horrible shit to deal with. as an added bonus the proliferation of shipside aliens would give the MPs something to do other than just be giant douchebags.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    larva is already completely unbalanced, this will make getting larva no problem at all. You must not have been around for when we could drag corpses either cause marines will be crying 5 seconds after this is implemented because you will never get recovered again. As a Xeno I would kill you and immediatly drag you off every time and your friends will never find you.

what we need is to completely remove capturing and larva generation. Round start should have a certain amount of larva based on the amount of players. Marine late joins should produce extra larva to balance late joins. Queen evolution should be removed there should only be one queen and the aliens should be forced to get good or lose. Evolution should be unlinked from ovipositor and hivemind should not be broken if queen dies. If queen dies it should make the oldest xeno total leader. If there is a tie between oldest xeno it should be random. This would be WAY easier to balance and it would remove delay and long drawn out rounds that neither side can win. It would also allow the removal of neuro or nerfing it hard because you wouldn't need to capture or guard capture anymore.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 05-21-2019 at 03:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if xenos being allowed to drag corpses is too much of a drag, you could work out compromises there. perhaps by making the pulling of corpses laboriously slow so that they are incentivized to stash them near to the site of death, or dragging only being permitted after the defib timer has expired