User Tag List

View Poll Results: well, what you think?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • great idea misto

31 49.21%
  • bad idea misto

22 34.92%
  • MY idea is way better

5 7.94%
  • tl dr

5 7.94%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: on the fate of facehugging

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    if xenos being allowed to drag corpses is too much of a drag, you could work out compromises there. perhaps by making the pulling of corpses laboriously slow so that they are incentivized to stash them near to the site of death, or dragging only being permitted after the defib timer has expired
    theres no way to balance corpse dragging that I can think of. If you have no downside xenos will carry off your dead body and you will never get recovered. If you make it super slow xenos will never get you unless you are completely alone because its way easier for a marine to drag it or shoot you while dragging it. If they have to wait for defibb timer then xenos will never get any captures cause marines will learn to drag all bodies and completely prevent xenos from getting any larva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xenos routinely kill off enough dudes in a small area that the bodies are left unrecovered. chokepoints and caves are often littered with bodies. marines pulling bodies to keep them out of enemy clutches are slower and less ready to fight back. and if xenos cant pull them until the defib timer is up, the body is now unrevivable and there is no reason to not then let them pull it besides coveting defcon points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we remove multiburst + lower the amount of roundstart monkeys, I'm ok with this

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3. make xenos scavengers of the dead - this will necessitate removing the pull restrictions, of course. huggers can now interact with corpses to produce viable larvae. dead marine mains should pray that their allies recover their bodies for resurrection
    No, stop.
    This is aids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want to stop the annoyance of facehugging and keeping/being kept as live prisoners, its the only other way besides cutting out eggs, facehuggers, and carriers entirely and making xenos fueled solely by burrowed

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    xenos routinely kill off enough dudes in a small area that the bodies are left unrecovered. chokepoints and caves are often littered with bodies. marines pulling bodies to keep them out of enemy clutches are slower and less ready to fight back. and if xenos cant pull them until the defib timer is up, the body is now unrevivable and there is no reason to not then let them pull it besides coveting defcon points
    That's because people like me don't give a shit about defcon. The moment you tie dead bodies to larva I will drag every single god damn body I see back to the fob to prevent every xeno I can. I will still clap you when you try to stop me too cause I can just stop dragging the body so that doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least this system would finally incentivise Marines to recover dead bodies.

It definitely needs some more balance work but its an interesting idea.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about rez-able.bodies? Technically alive. Happier as a marine as I wouldn't feel as bad about ghosting or spend 15 minutes looking at black screen.

Encourages marines to recover rez-able marines too

"His vitals are real low but he's breathing!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't read the actual post because Im to cool for that. But I have read the comments. So let me voice my feelings on some of the concerns of people.

If people want to play xeno, they should be able to play xeno. Round start spawns, monkeys, and eventual capture of marines should not be nerfed. We should want as many people playing xenos as possible if they wish to play.

Now if that number ends up being something like 50 lizards at once regularly. Well, I have a simple fix. Make marines stronger.
    Now allowing people who want to play xeno to play xeno is not the right route. If a change like whatever was suggested is implimented and it results in an increase in number of lizards rolling around, then we can just use that as room to buff marines.

This is basically part of my ideoology of pushing for a 70% xeno winrate. The more xenos are winning, the more you can buff marines to balance things out. It's much easier to make marines stronger then it is xenos, so if we have a change that helps xenos out, we should all see it as a golden opportunity to push for marine additions and buffs.

My idea has forever been this. Never should the xeno be nerf'd, only the marine buffed. No one likes a nerf. Lowering xeno or marine coded data number whatnots like armor, damage, health, whatever the fuck else, unless it's with a new intresting system change, isn't fun or engaging. It's the stuff players rage about in discord or deadchat. And sure people will complain when one side gets a buff as well, but it's a lot easy to shut them up when you also give them something cool later.

So I guess this change makes living marines uninfectable. Groovy, kinda shit for lore cuz body horror of a living person having a noodle pop out of them is supposed to be nightmare fuel and is really important, but our game really doesnt show it well anyway so Im not to hurt by this change. Dead people popping works out just fine really, and most the time when I pop Im dead anyway cuz I never stop fighting when Im nested and not in paincrit. So yeah, corpse dragging might finna chuck dick but tying it to the defib timer could be neato benito. Anyway if it's a buff to xenos its cool cuz it'll get marines buffs as well so lit.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    My idea has forever been this. Never should the xeno be nerf'd, only the marine buffed. No one likes a nerf. Lowering xeno or marine coded data number whatnots like armor, damage, health, whatever the fuck else, unless it's with a new intresting system change, isn't fun or engaging. It's the stuff players rage about in discord or deadchat. And sure people will complain when one side gets a buff as well, but it's a lot easy to shut them up when you also give them something cool later.
    This is also the attitude that results in power creep.

Nerfs should be an option, but not the automatic choice. There must be a balance, as CM doesn't even give exact numbers, so you play by feel. You might notice something's been nerfed, but it might not be game changer when you can't see the numbers.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere