User Tag List

View Poll Results: well, what you think?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • great idea misto

31 49.21%
  • bad idea misto

22 34.92%
  • MY idea is way better

5 7.94%
  • tl dr

5 7.94%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: on the fate of facehugging

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Snip
    Winrate isn't the reason people don't play xeno. Its because xenos are no name antags that have to listen to retards who turn queen on and have no idea what they are doing. You cant have friends as xeno because you don't know anyone. That shit doesn't build communities and teams it builds mercenaries who don't give a shit about each other.

Buffing xenos actually has the opposite effect of making xenos more fun because the only fun thing about xenos is challenge. When xenos are too strong they become boring as fuck.

I had more fun playing as a researcher and kicking it with a bunch of friends when research update happened than I have EVER had as xeno. Xeno is only fun for personal accolades. If I see my friend getting killed as a marine I will go try to save him, if I see my xeno team mate getting killed I assume hes a fucking retard and gonna get me killed if I go try to help him. The devs think xeno identification would create elitism but no identification creates toxicity. Its why xenos fight with each other over the stupidest little things because theres no consequences to your actions and no one will ever know who you are.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 05-21-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah xenos can use quality of life improvements more than they could use buffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    This is also the attitude that results in power creep.

Nerfs should be an option, but not the automatic choice. There must be a balance, as CM doesn't even give exact numbers, so you play by feel. You might notice something's been nerfed, but it might not be game changer when you can't see the numbers.
    Power creep is a boggy man and of course you can't avoid nerfs on things sometimes. It's like when something new is added and its clearly been put in to strong, obviously you can and should just nerf it rather then make something brand new to counter it that might also just be OP crap. But in general unless it's like small number tweaks I've seen some of the biggest mistakes the dev teams over the history of CM have made has been dumping mass nerfs on things that didn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Winrate isn't the reason people don't play xeno. Its because xenos are no name antags that have to listen to retards who turn queen on and have no idea what they are doing. You cant have friends as xeno because you don't know anyone. That shit doesn't build communities and teams it builds mercenaries who don't give a shit about each other.

Buffing xenos actually has the opposite effect of making xenos more fun because the only fun thing about xenos is challenge. When xenos are too strong they become boring as fuck.
    You'll find that I didn't tie winrate to a reason why people play anything. I tied it to how a high xeno winrate gives devs room to buff marines however they like.

You'll also find that I'm one of the biggest supporters for QoL buffs and distinguishing changes that let xeno players get that community feel that theyve lacked for years.
    I've said for a long time now that xenos need that sense of community or theyre forever gonna be regulated to dumpster tier memes of 5 robust xenos carrying their entire bald hives every round. Being faceless monsters was an old Apop idea thats held us back for over a year maybe around a year? With all the changes we've been making since Dean's came along, making xenos have a way to ID eachother is something I could see come down the pipe some time in the coming months.

Last in regards to buffing xenos, Im not a fucking retard. Stat based buffs to xenos like "slashing does x amount more damage" or "Disarms are % more effective and
    stun longer" are all trash buffs that aren't worth shit and are how we got the bullet sponge lame to play shit lizards we got today after years of that kinda buff being a normal thing on the old dev team.
    When I say I want xeno buffs I say it like how I want marine buffs. QoL, Features, interesting system changes. That kinda stuff. I want the way the game is played to be changed in some way shape for form from the buff, not just raw stats incredible since thats dumb.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would consider having my corpse dragged to be far more obnoxious than being captured.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubstank View Post
    I would consider having my corpse dragged to be far more obnoxious than being captured.
    Oh? I feel the eact opposite, it's a bitch being dragged away while I'm alive and be captured and have to stare at the wall for around 10 minutes. If they killed me first and dragged my corpse away I could at least ghost and watch the round. After all I'm pretty much out of the round anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being facehugged because you forgot to check under generic corpse #85 for a resin hole, or because you didn't get to check under random junk item #2309, is extremely obnoxious.

The game goes to great lengths to ensure Marine mines cannot be hidden. Yet resin holes that can incap you for over half a hour can be hidden underneath the most obsecure of items.

I'll appricate any change that makes this situation more sane.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am unsure how easily abused this system might be, but I think it should be tested. A lot of the rage I have from playing a marine is being spam stunned. Stuns in any multiplayer game are never fun to be on the receiving end so this has potential to make the game much more fun in general.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    larva is already completely unbalanced, this will make getting larva no problem at all.
    If they have to wait for defibb timer then xenos will never get any captures cause marines will learn to drag all bodies and completely prevent xenos from getting any larva.
    hmmm hmm.

if we're going on a defib-timer based dragging permission, then a xeno's best move would be to go for isolated people whose bodies are unlikely to be found in time, or to haul off still-living people some distance, preferably behind chokepoints and the like, and then finish them off and leave the bodies for later collection and infection. which... doesnt change a whole lot from current basic capturing tactics, except that the marine player doesn't have to sit through nest prisoner bullshit and the xeno player doesnt have to babysit them during the nest prisoner bullshit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facehugging has always been annoying, but it's not the actual stun that annoys me. Nor is it the eventual doctor's visit, but it's nesting. Nesting is annoying as hell; you basically have to idle, occasionally clicking resist and hoping to god the Sentinel is looking the other way (he isn't) and that he will miss his neuro spits (he won't). Even if you did escape, chances are you wouldn't get the xeno baby out of you in time because you spent SO LONG in the nest and hive. The only pay off for the current nesting system is the rare rare chance a marine actually escapes like a badass or gets rescued by his squad of badasses.

There was a suggestion a while ago on the old forums that I really liked, which was essentially making being nested "kill" you, allowing you to ghost, talk in dead chat, ready up for an ert, all of that stuff. When a marine came across the nest, he would just have to click on the nest and pull you out similar to being defibbed. You could then either return to the round or stay dead. If you bursted or chose to stay dead, you would fall out the nest leaving a nice dead body for DEFCON and the nest would be ready for the next Xeno ERP victim. This skips the entire disarm spam, neuro spam sentinel baby sitting process which is fun to just about nobody and streamlines it so the marine and xeno can move on after infecting a marine. Unlike infecting dead bodies, this will also allowing those rare moments of badassery of a squad rescuing PFC Unga Dunga from the horrible xeno dungeons.

TL;DR: Ghost people who get nested so everybody can move on.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ho, Ho, Ho! Dragging deffibable marine by benos is huge NO, NO, NO!
    Making beno gameplay even more brainless and simple isn't the best course of action. Removing the only other thing benos can do besides killing marines is just a huge buff to the baldies. And we all should know how buffs for baldies work and they work ba(l)dly.
    Benos should try to capture and they should be punished for not doing it. Benos should be punished for not guarding hosts etc. Job of a sentinel guarding host isn't much different from a marine that has to guard FoB/Comms when major fight is somewhere else. They are both boring, but it's something that has to be done. If said marine will fuck off to fight benos, then some random mature sentinel (69) will melt every single cade.
    If boredom is such a big deal, then why not changing game so that guarding FoB/Comms isn't necessary when major fight isn't happening there? Beno logic and double standards.
    Facehugging system deserves to be tweaked, but removing, or making it less interesting and simpler isn't a good direction.

If you were captured, then there is like 0% you will be rescued, or that you will escape. If you don't hear gunshots, just be a pussy and ghost ASAP, pretty much the same effect.
    If you are not a pussy, then try to deny larvaes by suiciding, or maybe even try to free other concious marines and start a small riot that will maybe kill few benos and infected marines, force benos to kill you and then you can become ghost with honor.