User Tag List

View Poll Results: well, what you think?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • great idea misto

31 49.21%
  • bad idea misto

22 34.92%
  • MY idea is way better

5 7.94%
  • tl dr

5 7.94%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: on the fate of facehugging

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    3. make xenos scavengers of the dead - this will necessitate removing the pull restrictions, of course. (EDIT: HEY PAY ATTENTION! IF THE DRAGGING IS ONLY ALLOWED ONCE THE DEFIB TIMER IS UP THEN YOU CAN STOP QUIVERING IN YOUR BOOTIES ABOUT MISSING OUT ON DEFIBS) huggers can now interact with corpses to produce viable larvae. dead marine mains should pray that their allies recover their bodies for resurrection or else move on into the cryo-ert waiting list. if this makes marines too sad, throw them a bone by extending defib time - recovering dead bodies can be so much fun!
    No, Just no. I am the type of guy that i WOULD like this, but you WILL kill the server population with this. The only reason that people still play CM is to be UNGA, Shoot, Kill.

People don't want to be an "Support" asset.

Why do i know that?

Play as Pilot Officer and Watch over the Intel and J-TAC Channel and LIST how many players (Except the IOs) grabbed an J-TAC Kit or a Intel Kit.

I played on the a round with almost a 100 marines, 4 J-TAC and one Intel PFC. Mate, introducing that suggestion to current gameplay will turn the Xenos win rate to over 80% because you simple can't stop them from reproducing. Also, the body scavenge, some of the maps have ridiculous amout of NOT bursted corpses, only that. If you sum up the Local fauna + the Dead bodies, you will have 60+ benos on a high population match EASILY. Considering the Marines have a Effective of 100 marines, Man, marines will start getting steamrolled.

The only thing i agree is to return with the Removable Facehuggers latched, to give a chance to marines to NOT get infected.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Also, the body scavenge, some of the maps have ridiculous amout of NOT bursted corpses, only that. If you sum up the Local fauna + the Dead bodies, you will have 60+ benos on a high population match EASILY.
    monkey/corpse count is a mapping issue that can be addressed and adjusted, not an unsolvable flaw

if xeno populations really do explode that can also be countered with changes in larva growth rate (which you can experiment with more now that you dont have live players being imprisoned for extended periods of time) or weapon stat changes to let marines have a better chance to cull back the population explosion, again not an unsolvable flaw

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make morgue casket things openable for xenos so i can be born on almayer evolve to carrier get egg laying strain and create 5000 xenos on the almayer

also if all it takes is a dead body why cant xenos use their own dead bodies to make new xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�d be happy to balance a high xeno population with movie-like weaponry; that is, they melt xenos in 2-3 burst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    I�d be happy to balance a high xeno population with movie-like weaponry; that is, they melt xenos in 2-3 burst.
    That would be fun as a marine but I imagine sorta tedious and repetitive as a xeno, like WO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resin traps seem unbalanced, but they are one of just a few ways to stop an unga rush, besides, you can check for them. Should traps become the only way to hug alive Marines? I'm also in favor of having the dead corpses idea for Alpha/Beta/Gamma hives, as normally those hives are very limited. Could you imagine corrupted appearing and hugging every dead marine in the morgue, it would be very interesting RP.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but if eggs and hugged traps still work, nothing to stop a hivelord and sentinel from boxing you into a thick resin cage and wait for you to burst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that would just be basically griefing under the new system, and should probably be reported as such, because there is zero mechanical benefit for imprisoning someone alive, because the larva do not grow faster in live people anymore and nests no longer exist. indeed, it would be suboptimal for them to do so anyway because unless youre completely unarmed you can break out and cause mischief behind their backs such as burning infested bodies or killing ssd larva, so they would also be foolish to do it instead of just killing you and moving on to more important matters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    The only reason that people still play CM is to be UNGA, Shoot, Kill.

People don't want to be an "Support" asset.
    And somehow we still have marine players willing to work engineering, requisitions and medical. One could consider MPs, SOs and F.O.B personnel to be "support" asset also. So truthfully, plenty of players are ready to spend time and effort to make operations work.

I'm very new player and I mainly play marines. Infecting alive hosts is one of the core tropes in Alien-narrative and shouldn't be diminished. It's thrilling as a marine trying to fight and survive after being dragged by a xeno. Get hugged in wrong place and one has to evaluate if evaccing is possible: sometimes one has to accept their impending doom. Non-captive bursting marines really adds to tone of the game but I must admit that hugger traps are bizarre when compared to claymores.

If marine does not bother escaping from nest, they might as well ghost away. If guarding hosts is somehow too much asked from xeno players, maybe escaping nest should be made impossible by oneself?

I don't see why being captured is any worse than dying alone away from backup and marines already have enough incentive to recover bodies - RP, DEFCON and equipment. In the end, is the problem about getting stunned & permadead as marine and having to make strategical & tactical effort as xeno is unfun?

Big No from me to make game less about snatching alive captives and focusing more on the dead ones. Yes for moderate changes making nest security streamlined etc.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small suggestion to let nested humans who are infected or paincrit ghost without ert join delay