User Tag List

Thread: WolfETD - Developer Application (Coder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WolfETD - Developer Application (Coder)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    WolfETD

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Coder

If Coder, what languages?
    DM, JS, Python, C++

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Now developer Infinity server

Proof of any previous or current work:
    You can speak with Chief Developer of Infinity.

How well do you know Git?
    Good

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    Have small expiriense, but can fix bags
    Last edited by WolfETD; 05-21-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Thank you for your app.
    Do you have prior work to show?
    Are you getting formal programming/game developing education?

If you were hired what would you fix and how?
    Try to not list a bug here but a problem you solve with a solution.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1)Do you have prior work to show?
    Ya, my commits(for the most part it's fixing bugs and completing the instructions of the main employees of Infinity, there are jobs to create a mode, but they are faced with a lack of understanding of the mechanics of HUD(elementary can not make unique slots equipment and claws for mobs mode)). Do on freelance fix for sites and HW for earn money, but proof not have.
    2)Are you getting formal programming/game developing education?
    Study in Turkish lyceum(it only name, because his build and create turki, now he support by goverment, much left tradition, example, learn by heart turkey language, i mean i would not like to hear pseudo political science, which buzzed all the ears of some of my friends the media), there study on practic developments, why support study in correspondence school at Moscow University of Physics And Technology, several times I went to the specialized University IT Innopolis for courses, but most of the knowledge gained from books and practice, because my interests are ahead of the education that give("learn yourself, make yourself, look and understand that the best you can, toss it in the trash, repeat" - likely words my teacher). Studied site building, basic knowledge (HTML, CSS, use "clear" JS) yourself.
    3)If you were hired what would you fix and how?
    On your repository had most issue of bugs. I will watch them, test the problem to understand what and where is broken. Next, i will look at the associated code and areas where this error can be. After finding i will edit the code as i see fit to eliminate the bug. After the change test again, if all is well to make changes to the repository, otherwise I will look again what's wrong in the code.

Head Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolf,

After some discussion at our last dev meeting, we have decided that your grasp of the English language is just too limited for the team to handle. It's regrettable that this is the case, but our team, and this server, are intentionally English-weighted. Effective communication is a crucial component of my team's development process, and we just can't afford to have a team member that most of us can't effectively communicate complex ideas with.

Fortunately, you're in an environment where you can (and should!) take the opportunity to enhance your understanding of the language to the point of effective fluency. We have many (in fact, at this point, probably most) devs whose first language isn't English, so I'm confident you can reach a point where we can talk freely without issue.

This application is denied. Please feel free to re-apply in six months or more.