Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Attachment Tester

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weapon Attachment Tester

Hello everyone,

I am Outcast Seer, a relatively new member of the community. You may have seen me fumbling about during matches as Horst 'Thunder' Jagemann, zee man vith zee veird accent. I have much to learn, but I am have felt sincerely welcomed by you all (with a few exceptions :P). I have made many mistakes already, and will continue to as I learn to master vehicle combat as well as chemistry and medicine. To make up for any distress that this may cause and give a token of my gratuity to you all, I would like to share this little project of mine:

It is a spreadsheet that allows you to see the net effects of various attachment combinations that you can have on weapons as marines. It is still in early development and there are many bugs to address and features/guns to add, but I hope that in time it will become a useful and fun tool for you all. I am a law student and not a professional spreadsheet designer, so I ask that you temper your expectations. If you have any bugs to report or suggestions to share with me, post it in this thread or DM/email me.

Thank you all for being such an awesome group of people, I hope that we will have a great time together.

Edit: I advise opening on Google Sheets as downloading currently causes the Misc concatenation to freak out.
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 05-23-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually really nifty to use. Great work on it so far! I don't think one handed aside for pistols would really be needed too much but go for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cancan1203 View Post
    This is actually really nifty to use. Great work on it so far! I don't think one handed aside for pistols would really be needed too much but go for it!
    Thank you! The main reason I plan to add one handed is that attachments such as the gyroscope and SMG arm-brace require being wielded one handed for optimal performance. They may be niche attachments but I don't want to neglect that play-style.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Thank you! The main reason I plan to add one handed is that attachments such as the gyroscope and SMG arm-brace require being wielded one handed for optimal performance. They may be niche attachments but I don't want to neglect that play-style.
    Hello and welcome to CM! You are correct, there are definite circumstances for attachments best used one handed. Medics come immediately to mind, or dual shotties. Not for everyone, but it has a role and is fun.

Rail light is the best attachment though. Use attachment combos including and not including rail light. You will quickly see why those few tiles of vision means so much.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do know it's "illegal" to do (and public) research like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You do know it's "illegal" to do (and public) research like that?
    That isn't in the rules any longer, even if it might fall under powergaming it's still not explicitly listed like it was before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, for one, really appreciate this and the effort you put into this. Good work and welcome to CM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    That isn't in the rules any longer, even if it might fall under powergaming it's still not explicitly listed like it was before
    This started out as a personal project to help me better understand the attachments system. While I appreciate the hard work of the people maintaining the wiki, it can be a bit clunky. I found myself spending a lot of time jumping between weapons and attachments trying to figure out what attachments did and if I could even use them on my rifle. It doesn't help that some attachments have properties that aren't intuitive such as the extended barrel reducing damage. IRL longer barrels create a higher projectile velocity and thus impart greater kinetic energy (i.e. damage) on a target. But this is a game sooo...

Quick development update: I have finished up all of the functions for the one-handed section, but the biggest bottleneck for this project has been and will continue to be data entry. I have to attend a wedding this weekend so expect the update to come early next week.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    This started out as a personal project to help me better understand the attachments system. While I appreciate the hard work of the people maintaining the wiki, it can be a bit clunky. I found myself spending a lot of time jumping between weapons and attachments trying to figure out what attachments did and if I could even use them on my rifle. It doesn't help that some attachments have properties that aren't intuitive such as the extended barrel reducing damage. IRL longer barrels create a higher projectile velocity and thus impart greater kinetic energy (i.e. damage) on a target. But this is a game sooo...

Quick development update: I have finished up all of the functions for the one-handed section, but the biggest bottleneck for this project has been and will continue to be data entry. I have to attend a wedding this weekend so expect the update to come early next week.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words!
    I wasn't trying to disparage your work or anything, keep it up brother this tool is neat as hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think this is illegal as it doesn't use the exact values from the code itself, this is a really neat tool. Good shit my dude.
    my first non combat medal