User Tag List

Thread: Idea: "Medals" that the queen can award to xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea: "Medals" that the queen can award to xenos

Idea: Add some form of "Medal" that the xeno queen can award to especially proficient members of the hive, similar to what the CO can do.
    The issue that I see with this is the potential of queens abusing this, seeing as it is not a whitelist role and the potential for constant "hur dur gib medol gueen" might be a bit too high, and I'm pretty sure that our friendly neighbourhood admemes have better stuff to do than to slap queens on the wrist for medal spam.

Ideas and opinions welcome!

How I got to this Idea:
    A few days ago I was playing queen on prison, and we were doing decently, but the canteen kept changing hands. Some of my lurkers decided to attack the south of the FOB, so I told them to go ahead. Some tie later, I look back and overwatch a Lurker by the name of 551 (I think) and god, was this guy an MVP. He would do the stupidest moves, like jump through three open cades, then somehow he would harrass like hell, and run back out. He was so good, that the marines would send somewhere between 10 marines and a full squad just to keep him and his retinue back. Eventually, we managed to secure the cafeteria and take the FOB, although the match ended in a draw.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh medals don't matter when no one knows who you are. Medals are for ooc epeen comparisons. Besides as queen you should be stealing all the glory and acting like you single handedly won the battle and had to carry all the retards kicking and screaming along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tradeoff for the opportunity to kill upwards of 10-20 marines a match is lack of individuality. The pleasure from being an ancient crusher stomping the marines is the salt in dchat midgame and the salt in ooc postgame, not some pansy medal.