Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is oxycodone disliked?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is oxycodone disliked?

Being a tad childish, and yet curious

As far as I can see, it seems that oxycodone is generally seen as "specialized" or "inferior" to tramadol but I've continually had negative feedback about mixing it into my tri-bica, and bica-derm drug combinations, (I brainlessly follow notepad recipes to quickly produce stuff), now on the wiki it suggests (in the chemistry section) that oxycodone is strictly superior to tramadol even lacking a nasty interaction with paracetamol with an only downside of taking longer to produce -which I'm willing to put up with- However, on that same wiki (I think in the guide to medicine) it says that oxycodone metabolizes faster than most drugs suggesting a specialized use.

But being direct-to-the-point

Does Oxycodone have a downside of Metabolizing faster than tramadol?

Is it ok to try to mix in Oxycodone into all "combat" drugs I produce?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That faster metabolization is pretty important, especially when dealing with burns.

The only negative I can think of, though, is if tramadol and oxy have a negative reaction, since most medics give patients tramadol or they use the pain stop thing for tramadol, you could end up killing people.

APPARENTLY EVERYTHING I SAID WAS WRONG AND RETARDED AND VICACROV THREATENED ME WITH DEATH IF I DON'T CHANGE IT

Last edited by NoahKirchner; 05-23-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On its own, I think oxy has let people down when they needed it the most, whereas tram is more reliable for quick pain relief. I just don't think it's worth the inventory space.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxy is a lifesaver at times, but the fast metabolism limits its use a bit.

Personally, I use it on pills if possible.

That being said, I have never heard of anyone DISLIKING oxy.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carry some for lung surgeries as a doctor, and a couple injectors as a medic

They dont really last long enough to have specially made as a medic.

A few injectors are lifesavers. Got hit by many a crusher to instant oxy myself, giving me enough time to limp away and not paincrit.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 05-24-2019 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imo if you're producing medicinal mixes, it's best to keep the chems that are similar in function together. this means you should be making bicard-tricord, kelo-derm, or tram-oxy mixes, because those chem mixes are meant for treating the same thing, whether it's brute, burn, or pain. don't mix and match chems with different functions together unless you're making combat stims and you're trying to offset the penalties that come with metabolizing synaptizine or hyperzine

there's no problem with oxycodone, it's just short lived. some people might think having to go to medbay is too much of a hassle to get oxycodone but i don't think anybody in their right mind thinks oxy is worthless

if you wanna go for a chemmix involving oxycodone you should probably do tram-oxy 15-10u so that two pills will raise their total dosage just before the OD threshold, 30u for tramadol, and 20u for oxycodone.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculously fast metabolism rate because devs didn�t like it being used.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    Ridiculously fast metabolism rate because devs didn�t like it being used.
    It kinda makes sense.. otherwise everyone would just carry oxy and ignore tram.

And I would hate having to do 8 bottles of oxy immediately in chems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried several times, as a medic, asking for a flask full of oxycodone in a flask, set to 5u per sip.

I've never really noticed a major effect in the times I get wounded, the effects just pass too quickly for me to notice and I end up relying on Tram for pain relief.

It does not help that medical scanners won't pick up oxy in someone's system, it registers it as an unknown substance.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The correct way to use oxy is when you need to remove pain NOW and then GTFO. Don't stick around, just go and increase chances of survival.

If you try to use it to sustain yourself in prolonged fighting, you should switch to trama.

I also sometimes use oxy to boost revived specs up for that extra minute. Depends on situation though.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere