User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is oxycodone disliked?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah oxy is for when you need to run away without any slowdown.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxy is intended to be used almost exclusively for emergency situations, be that getting paincritted on the frontlines or treating a patient with a busted lung and a larva about to burst out of them.
    It's a get-out-of-jail-free card when you're pressed for time. For longer-lasting results, use tramadol and other chemicals that metabolize slowly.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Carry some for lung surgeries as a doctor, and a couple injectors as a medic
    I think part of the reason is that oxy is overshadowed compared to other drugs. For instance, as a doctor I've never had to use oxy to treat a ruptured lung since I can just pop peri and dex into my patient (two drugs I'd otherwise never use) and the anesthetics work like they do on everyone else. As for a medic, tram is longer lasting, but has a weaker effect, meaning it's still better in most situations. Oxy has uses, sure, but only in extreme situations when you need to conserve other drugs.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use it only if your like, a medic. Put the one free oxy injector you get into your helmet and the epi into your helmet, and now you can both run away in a critical situation or save someone in severe critical situation (400 + damage).

Thats about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said oxy is disliked? Oxy is usually used for really bad situations. Usually when im a medic and i have tons of corpses around me. Defib - Give 2tram,bica,kelo,2inapro, Slap oxy injector - Shake up = marine that can fight again.

Its good used on newly defibbed marines if you really need a hand in covering you while you medic as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like oxycodone just fine ( ?� ?? ?�)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxytram mix will save your life. The littl ebit of Oxy will get you going, and tram will help stabilize you above paincrit. A little bit of Oxy before a fight and some tram also is amazing. Get FFd by a BFA, BC pulse rifle while xenos are in the opposite direction? Tramoxy will keep you stable enough to yell 'Fucking what retard.' really no reason exists to not include oxy unless you just want more tramadol in say, a flask or something, to overall, increase the amount of painkillers you have in you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It metabolizes too fast, making it useless as pain medication. Tram does 95% of the job oxy does, is more plentiful, and lasts longer.

If oxy weren't just nerfed to uselessness like this but actually outright removed completely, absolutely nothing would change in the balance of the game. Oxy is 100% a meme drug.

I would go as far as saying oxycodone could last twice as long as tram, with the exact same effects as it presently has, and not a damn thing would actually change in the balance of the game. It's been needlessly nerfed.