Your Byond ID?
    DEADmetal03

Your Character Name?
    Travis Pointdexter

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Decker100

Accused Character Name
    Queen

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Around 5 AM, 05 24 2019

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rules 3 and 4.

Description of the incident:
    When playing as an Ancient Lurker, I was given an order to evolve to Ravager without there being any tactical need for it. I refused the order. I was deevolved subsequently and received a 24 hour ban.

I think that the general picture of how the Queen acted and how things evolved is important for consideration, so I'll start from the beginning.

I came across a Spitter having problems with a survivor, who had a shotgun. I've rushed to help and we barely tackled that survivor without getting shot, after a lengthy period of time of maneuvering around and spamming disarm. I've asked for slashing to be enabled for it's hard to capture armed survivors with no slashing, but the queen replied with the get gud statement, as you can see in my first screenshot.

After quickly reading through all the chat, I've noticed that the queen is generally quite bossy and doesn't care about interests of individual Xenomorphs. That's when I posted my negative comments about the Queen and about players who act like that in discord CM general channel (I didn't provide any ingame info) (2nd screenshot).

When marines landed, the Queen recalled everyone to the hive. I've ignored that order, as I didn't think that they also meant Lurkers. I've stalked the territory for lone marines to attack - just what the Lurker should do. I've attacked my first prey and managed to break their foot before their help came. (3rd screenshot).

The Queen never recalled me personally or asked why I'm hunting alone, and suddenly I got a message from admin about this order that I'm ignoring. The fact that Queen was so displeased with my tactics seemed even stranger considering the fact that they were making a large effort for the hives location to remain unknown to the marines. They even told the Xenomorphs to suicide if they have to, for a cost of not disclosing hives location. Also, earlier they have issued a no pullback order and encouraged to just die while defending. (4th and 5th screenshots)

I went to the hive just after being warned by the admin. I then decided to stalk at the entrance to the hive, in the caves (which was near the hive). Attacked my second prey near that location and managed to break three bones before their help came. (6th screenshot)

Then shortly after, I've received this ridiculous order to evolve into Ravager. I've argued against it. I've said that I'm an effective Ancient Lurker and that I've broken several bones. The Queen said that if I'm not going to evolve to Ravager, they are going to deevolve me. (7th screenshot)

Just as this dictatorial conversation was ending, I've managed to attack my third prey but only landed one slash before their partner started shooting at me, due to a missed opportunity, because of trying to get my point to the Queen. (8th screenshot)

Shortly after, I was deevolved. I've found a safe location and ghosted, as I wasn't willing to play under these purposefully dictatorial and abusive terms. Then another admin messaged me about ignoring another of the Queens orders. I've tried to explain it all to the admin, but they didn't seem to care. They issued a 3 hour ban. I said 'I have some hope that the moderator base isn't as ignorant as it seems.' and 'I'm going to go further with it.' Then the admin increased the ban period to 24 hours and accused me of being a dick in ahelp.

---

What I think happened is the Queen was notified about and probably read my discord comments, and from that moment, they turned abusive on me. Additionally, I've later found out that Decker100 is a known player, so I think that the reason why admins completely ignored Queens abusiveness was that Decker100 is friends with some of them.

I've played with various queens - good and cool ones, not experienced ones, etc., and I've been deevolved once before, but at least it was a somewhat reasonable call, and I was fine with it. This queen however, was evidently abusive and it was my worst experience playing the game.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Considering the fact that I've been banned for a day for it, I'd ban this player for two or three days. It's needless to say that Queen is a very important role and must be played without any biases or abusive intents what so ever. I would also warn an admin who banned me.

Such queen players can really discourage people from playing Xeno, and that is especially true for new players.
    Last edited by DEADmetal; 05-25-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you believe there is misconduct on the behalf of a Staff member, you need to file a separate Staff Report for that as well.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it be appropriate if I would mostly copy and paste my report? I think it has all the relevant points to include in the staff report. Either way, I'm not particularly incentivized to report staff in this case, but if admin behavior can't be reviewed by a notice of this particular report, then I'll make a new one, sure.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do need to make a Staff Report as well, different people handle the different reports. If you make a Staff Report, please make sure to remove any points that aren't relevant to the report, although I believe most of these are.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the second staff in question. Your report says everything wrong you did. You purposefully, willingly, and knowingly refused to follow simple orders. That is a rulebreak. You were warned. You continued to do so. So you were devolved to make room for aomeone who would follow orders. I can assure you that their is no love between decker100 and I. Infact before this incident we've never interacted before. I cant say the same for the admin involved however.

You refused orders, told the queen off, insulted them oocly (via discord) were a bit of a dick in PMs, refused orders again, was a dick again. The queen can not force you to go ravager. She can however devolve you to make room for someone who will. She was very nice to you despite your repeated refusal to follow orders, she could have just devolved you, but instead ahelped so you could have a chance. You blew those chances. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so I am not familiar whats happened with you after speaking with you in regards to following the queens orders to go back to the hive so I can't comment on that. However I did speak to you about ignoring what the queen was saying and I thought I made it very clear that disobeying the queens orders are a no no especially seeing how xenomorph minds are linked to the queen. You informed me you would follow the queens orders so I left it at that but there seems to be more of an issue after we spoke but I wasn't paying attention for that part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargash View Post
    I am the second staff in question. Your report says everything wrong you did. You purposefully, willingly, and knowingly refused to follow simple orders. That is a rulebreak. You were warned. You continued to do so. So you were devolved to make room for aomeone who would follow orders. I can assure you that their is no love between decker100 and I. Infact before this incident we've never interacted before. I cant say the same for the admin involved however.

You refused orders, told the queen off, insulted them oocly (via discord) were a bit of a dick in PMs, refused orders again, was a dick again. The queen can not force you to go ravager. She can however devolve you to make room for someone who will. She was very nice to you despite your repeated refusal to follow orders, she could have just devolved you, but instead ahelped so you could have a chance. You blew those chances. Sorry.
    Yes, my report says everything wrong I did - I didn't want to leave anything out. I admit that if viewed out of context, my actions were really wrong - ignoring two of the queens orders. But when the context is considered, it looks differently.

Regarding the insult, it wasn't a direct insult and it was out of game, without any specifics given, so I don't really see it as an offense. I'm not even sure they got the message - it's just my assumption why they have turned against me, but perhaps the mere fact that I spoke against no slashing was enough for them. Considering how dictatorial they generally were, it could well have been that they didn't even see or hear about the discord comment. In any case - anything out of game shouldn't change anything ingame, and especially when you are playing arguably the most important role in the round.

Regarding the first minor offense - if I was anything but Lurker, I would have joined the front. However, considering Lurkers abilities and the fact that the hive wasn't in a critical situation, I assumed that I would do potentially more damage and be safer off (with Ancient T2 you also have to consider your safety more) by ambushing lone marines who are late to join the front. Even if they go in pairs, I can still do considerable damage to them. I say it was minor because there was not even a direct communication about it between the Queen and me. The queen straight ahelped it. After Mizari told me to go to the hive, I immediatelly went there and then picked the best location to continue with my tactis near the hive - at the entrance to the caves. It wasn't the main entrance but it had some traffic. I'm sure we had younger lurkers who weren't as effective as I was. I'm not saying that I was super effective, but I was doing a decent enough job where I could.

So let me ask you rhetorically - how straight ahelping because of a minor offsense is being nice? How ordering an Ancient Lurker to evolve to Rav and ignoring all their arguments for why they shouldn't do so is being nice? How is encouraging Xenos to die just to not give out the location of the hive is being nice? How is ordering a no pullback and ordering to die instead is being nice? Your understanding of being nice is twisted. You can't see the obvious underlying issue of abusive orders and the Queen being purposefully dictatorial, even when you have all the relevant information presented to you.
    Last edited by DEADmetal; 05-26-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright.

I understand it sucks being told to do things you don't want to or things you disagree with. It's part of the rules to obey the Queen. The Hive is not a democracy and whilst it would be nice for everyone to agree with one another, disagreements happen.

In-regards to the staff being buddy-buddy, I don't know many of the staff very well. I ahelped you disobeying orders and then your rant in the hivemind ICly. They then responded to it accordingly.

I don't recall any OOC insult but your complaints ICly were out of line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    Alright.

I understand it sucks being told to do things you don't want to or things you disagree with. It's part of the rules to obey the Queen. The Hive is not a democracy and whilst it would be nice for everyone to agree with one another, disagreements happen.

In-regards to the staff being buddy-buddy, I don't know many of the staff very well. I ahelped you disobeying orders and then your rant in the hivemind ICly. They then responded to it accordingly.

I don't recall any OOC insult but your complaints ICly were out of line.
    Following orders doesn't suck when they are reasonable, or at least somewhat reasonable. I don't expect orders to be perfect, but I do expect then to not be abusive. When I play as a frontline Xeno, I always join the main movement when ordered, simply because then it's more effective than staying alone. But why would you want a Lurker in a narrow front line, instead of it crawling through the vents (that were all completely intact by that time) and ambushing marines going in and out of the frontline? If there really would have been a reason for that - why not ask them directly to join the front, but go straight to ahelp? The hive wasn't in a critical situation where every xeno available would be required to save it from destruction. Why would you want an Ancient Lurker to evolve into Ravager? I do believe that you needed Ravagers - but why me? You had younger Lurkers. Why would you encourage and then order your Xenos to fight till death? The answer to these questions is quite obvious - you were needlessly dictatorial and abusive.

It seems that you are a known player and it's only natural that you have friends in staff. I'm not trying to gauge your friendship with sargash and I'm not saying that you are necessarily buddies, but it would make sense. It would also make sense that sargash is biased only because you are a known player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs :
    Spoiler Spoiler: