Sakuyoi
    Your Character Name?
    Lily Izayoi
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    GMT+8:00 - 7:00 - 7:30 PM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server.
    Description of the incident
    I played as an XO this round. Due to low marine numbers i decided to do a 12:10 briefing and 12:15 drop.

I was then PMed by Grimreaper about this. https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=19058. About bryce and metarushing. Then i proceeded to give a briefing in 12:12 ish and gave bravo the orders to drop at 12:15, while the other squads to stay put until the FOB is done. But this was then resolved itself because we did a late drop for all squads at 12:23 ish due to confusion.

I gave the "template" Always plan in solaris.
    Breach something. Scout and etc.

This time i told alpha/charlie/delta to destroy virology podlocks and scout there, Bravo in Tcomms FOB. But before that a stray delta marine found the colonists thus finishing the distress signal objective which gives us the knowledge about the xenos. The survivors were being hostile to the marines and flashbanged them. So i gave an order to kill them if they try to attack marines because they were armed. The flashbangs dont count. They couldn't breach it at time because they didnt bring c4s.

Then i was PMed by Grimcad again because of metarush, Which i was confused of since i gave like a template order for solaris.

And i was doing ds2 drops at 12:20 when i played XO past rounds ago and gave squads to fix engineering "but they dont" - breach ETA podlocks - "but they dont" - and proceed to the ETA caves to destroy xenos but i dont get a note so why now with the PMs?

So for a breather and change of the linear plans i made marines breach virology first "because most unlikely metarush wont happen because good queens dont ovi in viro" thats what i thought when grim sent me the first PM. Thus giving xenos a bit of an advantage.

At this time i got lost in thought because i was replying to the PMs and i was the only command staff. I think they didnt breach virology and just proceeded to rush lambda caves because they cant breach the podlocks. I just told them to do whats best since its hard to manage and i was talking to high command about something.

Marines won at 13:00+ which is far from 12:30 as bryce did.
    Evidence
    Didnt get logs. I had to close dream seeker to reconnect.
    How you would punish the accused
    None really. I just want my note removed for metarush.
    Because i was doing the norm order things and even tried to prevent a possible metarush by trying sending marines into virology first.
    And they knew about xenos because they had contact with survivors.
    Grim was doing his job good by giving me a link but i clearly didnt want to get hit by that note since i think i did my best to prevent a metarush from the first PM.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 12-31-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Wrong Person. I thought they were the same. Should be Grimreaperx15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to clarify if you mean Grimcad or Grimreaper?

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I was the Moderator in question, not Grimcad.

I'd like to start by saying that I still believe that this was a violation of Rule 6. The initial PM was to let you know that you are responsible for any metarushing done by your forces as per the ruling I linked you. I did not feel like you had a sufficient, or any, RP reason to send the Marines to virology right after landing. The USCM is responding to a distress signal, and their initial goal should be to make sure any, and all, survivors on the colony are rescued. After that, the goal becomes eliminating the cause of the distress signal, which is the xenos.

In my opinion, from an in-character perspective, it does not make sense to search sealed labs before the colony itself for survivors and potential threats. From an out-of-character perspective, you know that the xeno's hive is almost certainly in one of three places, Virology, ETA, or Lambda. Just because the hive was not in Virology does not make it less meta to search the labs and caves immediately upon landing.

In addition, the fact that you have not been messaged before about it only indicates that it was unnoticed, not that it isn't against the rules.

In conclusion, I believe that immediately searching for the hive is using meta knowledge and low roleplay at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizari View Post
    Just want to clarify if you mean Grimcad or Grimreaper?
    Its Grimreaper. My bad. Cant change titles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem here is that the rules aren't clear about metarushing. Simply this is like just the normal solaris strat.
    Breach "something" - Scout what you breached and so on. I dont get why this is metarush especially if its the norm.
    I mean breaching to get inside the facility to scout is an IC reason for me. Oh damn maybe the colonists are inside virology? i think we should breach.
    That could be IC too.

I havent got notes for doing this strat for a long time and just got a PM today.

If i did the other type which is DS2 - Engineering - ETA which i planned to almost this round. Would i be still noted for metagaming for making marines rush ETA?
    Its just so vague about the metarush rules.

About the order I was pmed (the second one) i didnt intentionally try to metarush at all because i was warned in the first PM
    (ok i understand that deploying 12:15 with all squads is bad then delayed to 12:23+ so it doesnt happen)
    For the second PM. It really didnt make any sense since it was the norm.

If you observe other command staff who play solaris you wouldnt see scout the colony - and look for survivors. Its always
    1. Get to Engineering - Fix power - Destroy ETA podlocks.
    2. Get to Bar - Make outpost in Bar - Destroy Lambda Podlocks.
    And the least strat is the one i used.
    3. Get to virology - Destroy podlocks.
    I could compile some command players doing solaris with the same strat within 10 days.
    Though some literally make it a novel to make it not look like a metarush by giving a story first then giving the same orders.

If so if it was unnoticed then i guess a warning would be fine?
    As you said yourself, It was unnoticed thus me learning about metarushing in solaris this round then i want that note removed.

Just a heads up too. Past days if its you i've been getting lots of pms mostly you over small things.
    I hope you arent in a powertrip. If so you take things too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited the thread name for ya.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So first of all. "Someone else did it" is never a good excuse. Unfortunately sometimes people get away with things, we don't notice everything. Just because we didn't notice something happen doesn't make it acceptable thing to do.

The question is, is this note expectable. Was there meta rush due to your orders?

You dropped all 4 squads at a very early time. You had one squad building a FOB and fixing Tcomms and you grouped the remaining three squads together with the orders to breach Viro, Eta, and Lambda in that order.
    [05:15:34]SAY: Sakuyoi/(Lily Izayoi) has made Command Announcement: Command Announcement -
    Again.
    Bravo - Yes only fortify tcomms.
    Alpha/Charlie/Delta - Viro then move south to caves. If its clear use the caves exit to get to ETA then breach if its clear too get to lambda. - Lily Izayoi (Executive Officer)

You even yelled at a squad who was apparently taking too long for you.
    [05:17:26]SAY: Sakuyoi/(Lily Izayoi) has made Command Announcement: Command Announcement - Charlie get the hell out of medical. Get to viro podlocks.

About this time survivors were found who were hostile. Now I'm not sure where you are getting this information from "But before that a stray delta marine found the colonists thus finishing the distress signal objective which gives us the knowledge about the xenos." But meeting Survivors does not grant you instant knowledge of the xenos. Having the survivors tell you about the xenos gives you the information about them. In this case they were hostile. And I cant find anything about information being relayed to you about the xeno hive from them.

It is about this time is when Grimreaperx15 gave you the note for the rush.

I agree with him. While it is true the meta rush rules are poorly defined it is very clear that you were only targeting locations where the Xeno hive would be, and doing so long before you would have known about the existence of a xeno hive. You didn't even bother to give out orders to set up power, or even to scout a non-potential hive area. The note will stay.

And lastly if you are finding yourself getting lots of PMs from Moderators and Admins, I would recommend reading and then following the rules.

Resolved.