Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Alien Tabletop RPG coming out this year

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitchace View Post
    I know it's late, just saw this post. This game looks amazing. I hope there is a way to evac
    /thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone get the chance to try it out yet?

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a chance to try out this RPG a couple of days ago at a local Comic Convention.

I'm not sure what setting we ran, but it was a short two hour-ish game focused on escaping from Hadley's Hope (Maybe Last Day of Hope or something like that).

Aliens are surprisingly fairly killable, even though they're pretty tough. As a group we fought off/killed two proper Xenos, one larva, and several facehuggers. I can vouch for the lethality of the game, though. It's made pretty apparent that even if you mess up a single die roll, you can die.

Lot of fun. Looking forward to its release. Would love to play some on R20.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I had a chance to try out this RPG a couple of days ago at a local Comic Convention.

I'm not sure what setting we ran, but it was a short two hour-ish game focused on escaping from Hadley's Hope (Maybe Last Day of Hope or something like that).

Aliens are surprisingly fairly killable, even though they're pretty tough. As a group we fought off/killed two proper Xenos, one larva, and several facehuggers. I can vouch for the lethality of the game, though. It's made pretty apparent that even if you mess up a single die roll, you can die.

Lot of fun. Looking forward to its release. Would love to play some on R20.

How was character generation?

Sorry mates

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get a chance to try it. We had pre-genned characters.

It's sort of a D6 system. You have attributes, and then specializations or skills that fall under those attributes. For example, if I have an Agility of 2, and a Shooting of 2, then I get to roll 4 Dice on a skillcheck.

Only 6's count as success, everything else is a failure. Only need one 6 to succeed at something, but more is better.

If you miss the roll, you can "push" it, which means you get to re-roll, but you get an additional stress die. If you roll a 1 on a stress die, then something really bad happens, and it cancels out your successes, no matter how many you have. You can reduce stress die throughout the game by doing stuff with a signature item, or through other methods.

All in all, its a REALLY SIMPLE system to use.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your trying to roll 6's and not roll 1's?

Seems straightforward enough.

Any highlights from your game?

Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited so I can homebrew in moths. Aside from that, I also want to see what the devs get enspired from in this new table top.
    Last edited by Challade; 09-28-2019 at 05:20 AM. Reason: confused the holy mods with the filthy devs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Challade View Post
    I'm excited so I can homebrew in moths. Aside from that, I also want to see what the devs get enspired from in this new table top.

Weekly CM Roll 20 sessions when?

Could be google hangouts or discord tbh.

Sorry mates

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    So your trying to roll 6's and not roll 1's?

Seems straightforward enough.

Any highlights from your game?
    I was a W-Y Sleeper Agent. The other guy in the game was a scientist trying to jump colony with a live sample. We had a bartender NPC with us, and found a administrator who had been hugged, and who burst about two rooms after we found them. Hilariously, we all shot the body to pieces as it was bursting, and managed to kill off larva before it could get out.

Eventually, we made it to a shuttle that I would presumably be flying since I was the pilot. We mutually betrayed the bartender and let him get hugged, and then both boarded the shuttle and killed off the facehuggers on it. I then attempted to have the other guy turn around, and look for other Benos, and then shot him in the back... and did 1 damage, because my gun only does one, and people have like 4 health minimum.

He turned around and blew me away with a 3 damage shotgun.

Something I did notice about the game was that ranges seem to be pretty "soft", meaning things just kinda reach things when the GM feels like they do. Weapons have ranges, but its kinda arbitrary. You get an "action" and presumably also "quick" actions, but basically we were allowed to just do things when we needed to. For example, I was allowed to use a fireaxe in one hand and a pistol in the other on the basis that I literally possessed both items, and was thus able to fight off a Xeno with them.

Stress seems like a relatively minor thing until it starts to build, and you realize it can utterly ruin ANY roll you do.

Altogether, lot of fun. Looking forward to its release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    Weekly CM Roll 20 sessions when?

Could be google hangouts or discord tbh.
    On god? If we don't make a CM RPG discord, I'll make a private one just like my private Shitpost heaven.