Byond ID?
    Lmwevil

Marine Name
    Tess Greed

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Karen

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Of course Captain

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Due to the fear of of synthetics with firearms they are strictly regulated, completely unable to use said weapons. In a situation of a marine assaulting the unit it could non-lethally detain them as per marine law.

Lethal force could be permitted in the case of a UPP charging it. However it wouldn't last long, it's a support role not an unga.

Synthetic Character Story
    What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Overly philosophical while lacking self-awareness to fully understand.

While an incredibly curious synthetic, like all models she lacks true self awareness. That hasn't reduced her curiosity involving philosophical debates and existential questions. Often she will spout quotes and advice without emotional gravitas.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Extremely, I can do any engineering task.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I'm quite experienced but rusty in some respects.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Love medical, easy as pie.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Had a spree of playing RO recently, again straightforward.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I've loved synthetic/artificial life in science fiction since I was quite small, their mentalities, the moralities and complexities involving them fascinate me and are a true passion of mine.

Honestly my biggest fear was that I didn't have enough of a post count, and that was before the domain change! So I decided to screw it and just up an app.

As a marine on the ground I've had long and in depth RP with predators before, with other marines and even at a point a few from the burrower gang. (RPing with xenos is suicidal but I try occasionally anyway.)

RP is something I've been doing for over a decade now that started with D&D, and it's one of my best stress relief outlets after a tough day of work or just on a lazy weekend. Hopefully players can attest to my participation and attempts to enrich the role-playing atmosphere on CM.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No, worst was a meme ahelp note

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Nope.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    If you want to -1 or neutral I'd love to have critical feedback so I can improve and get this application and future gameplay right.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by lmwevil; 05-28-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a really interesting quirk honestly, as long as it doesn't become a meme (not that i think it will), it's something I feel like marines will interact positively with. A lot of times they question synths about pretending to be human, I feel like this quirk could lead to interesting conversations and I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first! The story is also interesting, I feel that the "this was my mission i did this and that XDDDDD step 1 step 2 step 3" story type has been done to death, but I appreciate the break from expectation in the middle, it adds a tiny spin on an old format and takes what was a more formal setting and transports the reader into an action packed setting so we're not stuck reading about shipside operations and instead get juicy actions. It also does a good job at showing your speech patterns, which is obviously important for the whole talking icly thing. Another notable thing is that your "why do you want to play synthetic" is pretty well represented in your story, and that to me makes it seem a lot more genuine. You're interested in their mentalities, moralities and complexities, and that's effectively your gimmick and your story, seeing as how it's written from a POV of introspection while lacking true self awareness.

As far as your quirk goes, it is certainly interesting and one that I feel will be more memorable to experience as a marine. Engaging in a philosophical discussion with a synth who doesn't quite get it can lead to some interesting interactions, and especially if you're willing to initiate those interactions, I think you'll get a lot of mileage out of it; I'm looking forward to potentially engaging in these conversations with Karen if the council gods decide to accept it.

As far as arrpee goes, I've RPed with you before and you're a solid roleplayer - you play MP and don't softgrief and there's something to be said for that, definitely. As a marine, of course there are briefing shenanigans but when the arrpee counts I definitely think you show the chops you've got and help create interesting stories - I've got no doubt you can take synth seriously.

I know my +1 doesn't mean much, but I'm still gonna drop it anyway, best of luck with the app and I hope to see you in synthposting

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're deployed on LV - 426 and told to do whatever you want. How do you proceed?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    You're deployed on LV - 426 and told to do whatever you want. How do you proceed?
    I would assess the acting orders of the marines, if Engineering wasn't yet fixed I would probe the squad doing so if they needed assistance. Presuming a negative response I would begin to create a FOB and do what I can to keep any patients brought back from the front to a stable condition. There's no reason for me to charge out and fight the hostiles, that would already be hitting grey combat synth areas and other people can do the job far more efficiently.

In addition I would provide Command with information from the FOB, and update medical on any cases brought to the FOB that they will be receiving so they are prepared.

EDIT: Of course coordinating with the engineers (presumably Bravo) and their SL as to how it will be laid out and what they need.

If no FOB or medical tasks are immediate:
    Karen would likely inspect the Colony and attempt to piece together what happened in a forensic pattern, drawing the idle FOB workers into deep conversations of philosophical nature. Example:

A marine sits with his rifle rested on a barricade, staring through the scope and waiting for the xenomorphs, knowing all the details by now.
    Karen approaches and begins to ask them if the enemies are in fact human, as they are born from humans. Drawing a naturally evolving conversation onto what the nature of humanity truly is.
    Last edited by lmwevil; 05-29-2019 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never been a fan of first person perspective, but the story was good. Really nice formatting and idea. You showed your quirk nicely and its something I can see working ingame, bonus points because it hasn't been done before. The rest of the app is nicely filled and you seem really enthusiastic about becoming a synth, so that's neat.

You play at weird times for me so I dont get to see you that often, but I've seen you as a MP here and there. You're a good RP'er and you RP a lot. I can't speak for your competence in medical and engineering, but considering the rest of the app, I'll take your word for it.

Karen please let me see the kids again
    +1
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a fan! If Karen is restored, will it be Version 1.3 or 2.0?
    +1 Highly recommended.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    relatively cool person for a /tg/ min/cmpmain

decent story

competent

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh, Sure +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are some pretty gamer notes you have, 2 this month, do you know what they are and why I should overlook them?
    Last edited by SolubleWhenWet; 05-31-2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: oof im a phoneposting retard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    These are some pretty gamer notes you have, 2 this month, do you what they are and why I should overlook them?
    A meme ahelp is a meme ahelp, the other was for injecting myself with chems when xenos were eating me and exploding into an inferno.

1. Because the former is literally nothing (unless there's wording I'm not aware of?)

2. I don't repeat my mistakes, now that I know that's a no-go as a powergaming thing I haven't done it since.

3. A synthetic is vastly different to both me being annoying in an ahelp asking for a note and being a doctor about to die (it was genuinely just the basic fire reaction), and I'd hold it to a higher standard than my marine conduct. EDIT 2: Also my OOC shenanigans are rare and harmless, I don't let them interfere with actual gameplay.

EDIT: wait the hellfire wasn't this month was it? Mind enlightening me if I'm right?
    Last edited by lmwevil; 05-31-2019 at 02:39 PM.