User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lmwevil - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, "chemical immolation as an offensive suicide." Not going to lie, its epic. Powergaming notes are something I'm not concerned about, on this server some staff might even interpret grabbing extra splints as such.

Let's say hypothetically speaking, I'm ordered to build FOB as synthetic. I go to engineering to grab an industrial welder, and I don't see anyone there, so I grab some metal and plasteel too. I get planetside, and I see Young Runner (420) start slashing a marine saying "Ayyyyyy robot, whats up!" and I proceed to kill the runner. What have I done wrong in this scenario?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heyo!!!

1 - What do you think about your story? Do you think you could've done better?

2 - As the synthetic survivor, do you know the Yautja language?

3 - Do you think that your quirk is usable in-game? Like, you're at the FOB, under siege, how would you make it work?
    Last edited by Pedroca2lucas; 05-31-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's say hypothetically speaking, I'm ordered to build FOB as synthetic. I go to engineering to grab an industrial welder, and I don't see anyone there, so I grab some metal and plasteel too. I get planetside, and I see Young Runner (420) start slashing a marine saying "Ayyyyyy robot, whats up!" and I proceed to kill the runner. What have I done wrong in this scenario?
    The welder is of course fine if nobody is around within a reasonable time to give approval (and assuming nobody listens/responds on the radio.) If ordered to build the FOB I'd happily take the metal and plasteel if approval from them or if no staff the aCO. It's roughly 60ish points worth all together and I couldn't justify snagging it with no permission. Additionally it would vastly fuck over the engineers shipside to wake up with no material to do their actual job with, requiring them to beg Req.

If a runner is slashing a marine and killing them right next to the FOB when I land, saving the marine is a-okay.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

1 - What do you think about your story? Do you think you could've done better?

2 - As the synthetic survivor, do you know the Yautja language?

3 - Do you think that your quirk is usable in-game? Like, you're at the FOB, under siege, how would you make it work?
    1 - I wish I made it longer in hindsight, and will likely write more given time. Of course I could have done better, however with the amount of people I asked to proof read and attention to detail I was pretty satisfied with it.

2 - Negative, the colony was wiped by Xenos not Preds, you haven't actually interacted with them yet to have begun a language breakdown.

3 - I think it's completely usable ingame, however in a siege situation it would depend strongly on how much mechanical presence I would need. If it was so busy and chaotic that dialog simply couldn't happen and I was needed at all times then that would take precedent. I'd say if there was enough freedom to have a breath of fresh air and actually dialog, certainly it could be easily implemented perhaps with injured marines during treatment or just idle troops waiting. (Though random lines being spouted of a philosophical nature in an idle tone while working is perhaps something I could implement depending on how obnoxious it turned out as.)

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you write a synth story from 1st POV?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Why did you write a synth story from 1st POV?

I believed that the best way to portray her mindset was to be directly from her mind, there was a third person iteration but it lacked a lot of soul.

TL;DR is that I wanted the first impression anyone got was her endless mind loop of logging, thinking, tasks, waking up and repeat. To see just a bit from inside her head, the paradox of having human-like thoughts while also being an incredibly advanced machine processor.

Maybe I'm a bit of a dork but that mentality isn't something that a synthetic can openly express, and felt I wanted to explore it.

I hope this answers your question adequately.

EDIT: I do plan on future writings I'll likely post to the forum from multiple perspectives, not just hers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit of a dork but
    a bit is an understatement

I'll keep it short; The app was decent, the story was pretty darn good, and you've responded rather well to the Councils questioning.

On top of that, I've known you for some time now, and you don't come off as a player out to cause problems. You RP well, and I've seen you perform well without any major hiccups in whatever role you play as. I'll leave it at that, cause I'm sorta biased since you taught me MP and have been a good friend.

I don't have any major gripes with the app, or the applicant. Maybe the how familiar are you with X department questions were a bit lackluster, but I've seen you perform well in those roles, I don't see any issues coming up with you not knowing how to carry out an order to assist a specific department.

If it brings the kids back, or means anything to ya, here's my +1.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, I have no gripes with anything besides a 1st person story, and even that isn't a big deal. Every question that has been asked has been replied with a satisfactory answer.
    Synthetic Senator

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hated reading the 1st POV synth, even if the story itself was well written and a nice take. Your answers to questions are also good and you're a good player. I have no problem giving you +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd like to have seen more than just, "all good," for the answers about how well you can work each department but if everyone else trusts your abilities to work them, I won't question it. App accepted.