User Tag List

Thread: Butterrobber202 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butterrobber202 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Butterrobber202
    Character Name?
    Dan Spaceman
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Requested by BSA, carried out by Bluntforce420
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    Aurora
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I was banned from Aurora like 4 years ago
    Reason for BanLink to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    TD:LR of what I did, I pretended the hive was Space America and made an assload of American references and stuff. E.g. Invading the Almayer for Oil.

Right so, honestly I was just having fun, and it seemed the rest of the Xeno players were having fun with it as well which kinda encouraged me to keep going. I started down this path at the beginning of the round as a gimmick, just looking to see if the Hive would be up for it. And most of them were, so I kept pushing it. Reasoning, 'If the Queen can have a Santa Hat, surely we can joke around with America."

Eventually, a Mod asked me to stop and I agreed to tone it down, thinking I'd just keep it out of announcements for a while, and let the other references sit in the cold for a while. But after we took LZ1, I jokily and foolishly made another announcement involving America and get hit with the ban.

So, I guess there's not much more for me to say here besides, I understand what I did was wrong and I won't do it again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban seems well overzealous to me, Honestly a warning would been more then understandable, So unless someone brings evidence to change my mind, I'm all for it being removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban could be lifted here as that could have been a warning, if something was to remain a queen ban could as it was an abuse of that roles announcements.
    Last edited by Solarmare; 12-31-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit mixed about this one, as you were warned and kept doing it. With that said, I also feel like this appeal is apologetic and indicates that this won't be a problem again in the future. I'd support lifting this on the condition that any further LRP would result in it being reinstated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This can probably be removed as stated by our Admins, it should have been a warning but yeah these things do happen. I'll look into this more with our trial mod to see what was the exact issue. Neutral until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ban was harsh and you are apologetic so we'll lift this, but I hope you've really learned your lesson and stop the lowRP because if it continues the punishments are only going to get worse.

Resolved - Job ban lifted