Your Byond ID?
    Viperious

Your Character Name?
    Arthur

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    WinterClould

Accused Character Name
    Chen 'Disco' West

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Around 4am GMT+0 29/05/2019

What rule(s) were broken:
    Don't be a dick and LRP

Description of the incident:
    On LV, I was the survivor Synth. I unfortunately died in the secure dome for various reasons, and was later recovered by marines and brought to the LZ2 FOB. After an extensive period of no one knowing how to repair and revive me (aside from those who did not have the tools to do so) I would eventually brought back to 100% effectiveness, until the normandy sentries lit me up and damaged me once again. I was brought onto the normandy where I could go up and apply repairs, however once I started repairing myself, a group of marines sat next to me, removed me from my seat and kept dragging me around to prevent me repairing my damage, at which time Hannibal boarded the normandy and assisted with repairs. The marines in question started insulting me for being a robot and for "wearing white face" in a reverse racism sense (The logs will show all of this) and repeatidly told me they don't like my kind around here. I did my best to go along with it and continue as normal, and once evac occured, I went up to the Almayer. I attempted to get the ship synth to update my ID, but the Captain came over and ordered them to assist with surgery, and then walked away before I could say anything. I then went to the CiC corridor and informed the command staff that I was outside of the CiC, though on my way there, mr Cheng West decided to throw ammo boxes at me multiple times to inflict damage. While I was outside of the CiC, Cheng and his gang of about 7 charlie marines turned up and surrounded, spewing their LRP nonsense and acting like a family from Alabama just found a black guy (hence the reverse racism). The Captain later admitted that they knew I was outside the CiC but didn't care and had no intention of updating my ID because they don't like doing it. At one point the marines started disarm spamming me, one going as far as to grab me and then grab me by the neck, forcing me to the ground. Eventually, someone with access opened the door and I followed them in, going directly to the Captain to request an update to my ID card. The marines followed me inside, and infront of the CO and CiC crew disarm spammed me, and while on the ground, removed my clothing and tools. Luckily an MP got involved and dragged me away to where the marines couldn't get to me, though an SO followed us there and continued disarm spamming me me. Inbetween my initial requests for an update to my ID and when I was finally able to get it updated and retrieve my equipment, the dropship had launched from the surface, but the marines did not immediately react and focused on preventing me from doing anything.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://gyazo.com/5d42d35f56b46c3d2fe1de7849b1e85c (the initial lynch mob arrives)

https://gyazo.com/7732cb95e4011adcad084737a0776138 (Disarmed and undressed infront of the CiC crew.

How you would punish the accused:
    That's down to the moderation team.
    Last edited by Viperious; 05-29-2019 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Changed Cheng to Chen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel like this is incredibly IC and shows a strong lack of maturity on you're part that you can't seem to handle some bullying without just reporting it. Your timeline is also fairly out of wack.

You were a colony synth, a synth working for WY. The version of Chen I play as a marine has always hated WY and always had his alignment say such. I also in general just don't like synths minus one or two really good ones. So I consistently mistreat colonists and company assets without any bias as to who they're played by.

I late joined to find you on the Normandy repairing yourself. I decided a synth trying to repair itself would be fun to move around a little. You didn't really do anything except keep trying to repair yourself right next to me so I kept doing it. Other marines called you whiteface, I joined on that and the shipside synth fixed you up. We dropped back to the colony and I fucked off to go fight lizards. Saw you get lit up by the Normandy and laughed. When the evac was called I blamed mission failure in you for the heck of it, a fairly normal thing for marines to do, blame someone with zero blame, also took a megaphone from you and threw it back at you. Didn't interfere with your repairs from the sentry gun though since that would have been going to far, I wasn't out to ruin your round.
    I threw some ammo at you as you walked in the hall once we got back to the ship, couldn't have cased that much damage so it wasn't a big deal at all in my mind. (I'm actually sure that it doesn't do any damage to synths at all since that was a change made a while back so getting hit by something randomly thrown wouldn't force a synth to get repairs). Then I chilled in RnR with some other lads to discuss how the synth had messed our operation up. You didn't of course but we we're going to blame someone so why not the lame gen1 synth. My plan was to bully you off the ship via getting you to go down on DS1. Not killing you, not ending your round, but adding something interesting for us all as we sat around waiting for the hijack. Repeatedly when I and eventually all those other marines (some 10 of us in total) started bullying you, you made no attempt to fight back (which as a colony synth you could as I understand) nor did you try to flee. So outside the CIC we continued to harrass you. When the CIC opened we all ran inside together, you for your ID, us to get the CO on our side. I pantsed you and an MP moved you away from us. That's where I quit. The shuttle was on it's way in and I wasn't out to waste a fight agasitnt the benos just bullying a synth.

I should say that out of the lynch mob that was formed (men not from my squad just guys I'd found in the RnR room who shared my mistrust for synths) I was also one of the gentler ones. I pushed you and I pantsed you, I did not make threats against your life or punch you. I parodied racist language by claiming you were racist and should leave, while typing in the southern accent commonly tied to racism "We's don't take kindly to your kind around these parts, racism is bad and we won't have none of that on our boat" in reference to the whiteface. I said you were out to get us all killed, I encourage others to take action agiasnt you. I threw some ammo at you. These are all such tiny things that while they might add up, it's freaking IC man. I don't have any kinda grudge against you, but you seem to act like anytime someone does something to you ya gotta take it oocly. I don't see any lrp here. I RPd it just fine in line with my character traits that have long been set in stone and followed by me well. Dickish behavior it may be neither I nor any or the marines that followed me ruined your round. You were alive longer then any of us once the ship was invaded. You ahelped and the staff who took the ahelp didn't even pm me and I forget what all was said in msay but I wasn't even told to stop, so, IC issue.

Can't wait to see how poorly I formated this when I check this on my computer.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah I was the CO for that.

That was hilarious.

Edit:
    I dislike handling survivors. Especially with limited Command Staff as I have to focus on the Marines and the Marines needs, than spend 5 minutes sorting out IDs on a console that I can never get to work properly.

What I saw was that Charlie Squad came up behind you post-operation in the hallway to the AIC (CIC for you illiterate yanks) and began pushing you about.

The Xenos hijacked and launched the Dropship from the surface so I was in the middle of the 'report to action stations' announcement before you suddenly get dragged in by about 3 Charlies and stripped naked. I made one effort to drag you away into the AIC Command Bubble but the overwhelming power of the Unga-Grapes (Charlie Squad) managed to drag you away.

The Military Police saved you for some reason.

I'm sorry you feel upset about this. I myself find it immensely humorous. Even if I did not play a direct part in these affairs.
    Last edited by Decker100; 06-01-2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: I should explain what I saw instead of being a dick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the MP that helped you, Synths are humans too, you know.

Also yeah, this is more of an IC thing then anything.
    Last edited by Jackson Campbell 2; 06-01-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

initial disarm spam on arthur
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Chen finds people to bully arthur with him
    Spoiler Spoiler:

ahelp sent, was ruled IC by NeroCavalier. Winter also was questioned, he said he bullied synth for being gen 1
    Spoiler Spoiler:

lynching mob arrives
    Spoiler Spoiler:

let me know if I missed anything, first time pulling logs
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Logs:

let me know if I missed anything, first time pulling logs
    Like to say with those logs, I wasnt the first to name call the synth as a racist others on the dropship started the whiteface meme, and reading what I said especially in the CIC hall and CIC, calling the robot alt right and things, I was clearly going for a parody joke of racist culture. That should show my intent to bully the synth in a parody joke like manor and not outright grief the player. Also in some sections it doesnt include the logs of other players talking with me throwing their own insults at the synth like on the dropship, and agreeing with me that something needs to be done in the RnR room.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll admit that I didn't handle this situation this well because my initial thoughts were that it's IC because they weren't being beaten to death and they were a colony synth so some leeway is allowed. If I had done a thorough check like I should have, I'd have told them to knock it off at a minimum because of comments like these:

[21:17:44]SAY: Chen 'Disco' West/WinterClould : Freakin robots
    [21:18:04]SAY: Chen 'Disco' West/WinterClould : Jesus a rasicst robot

or

[21:18:32]SAY: Chen 'Disco' West/WinterClould : Rasict robots gotta sit in the back

or

[21:24:58]ADMIN: WinterClould/(Chen 'Disco' West) used a megaphone to say: >RACIST ROBOT GO HOME<
    [21:25:08]ADMIN: WinterClould/(Chen 'Disco' West) used a megaphone to say: >THE USCM DOESNT WANT YOUR RASICM HERE<

According to the logs, the only thing Arthur did was try to repair themselves and state they needed repairs and in response they got interrupted and then got called racist for being a gen 1??? Frankly, it's hard to claim it as anything other than lowRP in this situation. It's not marines going after a smug colony CL who is giddy about xenos tearing through their ranks or paranoid survivors being gunned down because they won't give up their guns, it's a white-faced synth being disarm spammed and depantsed by a group of marines for existing. Hell, Arthur didn't even do anything besides survive long enough to get memed by marines.

I regret not investigating hard enough so I could have done something back then.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so this report has been discussed between myself, Jamie, and management staff. The events here are something no one should be doing, player or staff. While having an IC disdain for a group like W-Y and is free to RP their hate of the company, the line for RP into harassment and grief is once you start to negatively impact the round for the players on the receiving end. Disarming a bystanding player some 60+ times (like 120 in total) is not RP, this is just harassment/grief. There's a big difference between people being involved in RP that leads to conflict and singling out another player for reasons pretty much out of their control (willingly playing synth does not mean you can assault them for being a synth). Just because someone is playing a robot doesn't mean there isn't another real person on the other side trying to enjoy the round as well.

With all of that said, Winter will be receiving more than just a stern talking to regarding all of this. While the details of what such a punishment entails will not be publicly disclosed (unless Winter wishes to share himself), management and head staff do see this as a real issue and it will be treated as such. Going forward I don't expect to see an issue like this coming from any staff members and hopefully not from any veteran players of the server as well. I think we can all agree that SS13 is often miserable enough on its own so let's not try to make each other's lives any harder than they need to be. Report resolved.