User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should xenos have their own version of every misc things marines have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should xenos have their own version of every misc things marines have?

These misc things converge: names, medals, ranks, queen own version of BE, squads etc.

For me, is an absolute YES. The biggest and more powerful buffs that can exist in any game based on ss13 are CUSTOMIZATION, INTERACTION and FREEDOM OF CHOICE updates. By making xenos interesting and fun to play people will play xeno, the balance between players going marine / xeno would become more equal MEANING THAT we can stop making xenos OP or marines retarded, because you can solve everything with numbers. Numbers/=/acceptable losses (KIAS, MIAS) etc.

Discuss, debate, but most important, be nice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Names: You already get them.

Medals: Why do Xenomorphs need resin medals? Praise from the Queen should be sufficient reward.

Ranks: We already have them with the Queen leadership system.

Queen BE: We already have that with the devolve ability, and the queen can report insubordinate xenos to the staff for reconditioning.

Squads: The strength of the Xenos is they do not need squads. Xenos are far more flexible and quicker to adapt that squads would seem more a limiter than a strength, and xenos can already quickly coordinate to form strong teams in the field if needed.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Names: Nothing bad.
    Medals: Nothing bad.
    Ranks: Tiers do exist, right?
    Queen BE: Benos can't hurt eachother, Queen can already deevolve, benos have OOC rule to listen to the Queen. There will never be a valid reason for Queen to kill a beno.

The biggest buffs that exist in any game based on SS13 aren't customisation, interaction, or freedom of choice, but pure stat boosts.
    Benos can't RP.
    Current "all time" server politic is that everything has to be the opposite. Less benos than humans, benos immune to fire etc.

All of that can be solved with one small thing: Replace Benos with UPP every few rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Names: Nothing bad.
    The biggest buffs that exist in any game based on SS13 aren't customisation, interaction, or freedom of choice, but pure stat boosts.
    Benos can't RP.
    Current "all time" server politic is that everything has to be the opposite. Less benos than humans, benos immune to fire etc.
    That�s a valid point of view of the subject but falls again under the question what�s fun to you and me and what�s fun for the rest, what I meant by saying the biggest buff is that ss13 is a game (or platform) that gives you so many things to do, create, destroy; so many features and things that I feel we aren�t taking advantage of it

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the whole point of playing xeno is to be part of a faceless hive devoid of individuality (ostensibly at least)

if you want to feel like a snowflake and get scratched behind the ears by your superiors just play PFC lmao

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like giving Xenos some sense of individuality would be a good step forward, the idea has seen a lot of support in the past but for some reason it was still turned down. Names would allow xeno players to form some greater sense of teamwork and connectivity. As far as I've seen the majority of xeno mains don't really care about the whole faceless horde thing, most people I see grasping to that flawed idea are staff that barely play the game and marine mains. Overall, since we are no longer connected to the aliens universe, I think we can take some liberties on xenomorph behavior.
    Last edited by LubedDwarf; 05-31-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The major thing that turns people off from playing xenos is the lack of any customisation or individuality. That's been a thing since the very beginning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only thing here that i think would really benefit xeno gameplay would be squads or at least some kind of indicator to bring you to the xenoleaders. if theyre all a hivemind they should be able to find each other, especially the queen's picked xenoleaders.

and theyre already doing what they can to experiment with customizing with this strain stuff i guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think good xenos should be able to be rewarded, with what you say? Royal jelly, obviously - but hear me out.

I'll eventually make a gitlab on this whenever I am feeling less lazy and not procrastinating like I am right now, but bringing back jelly as a xeno medal system that praises the benomorph (maybe even with their ckey since xenos don't have individual names, kind of like how the queen is) when the queen feels like they did a good job brings to mind no negatives. I think the medal system was a good'n, everyone enjoys some casual OOC praise and a split second of fame, and it lets good xeno players get recognized like how good marine players get recognized.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is both a simple and brilliant idea. Nothing too snowflakey, and who wouldn't want to see royal jelly return
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine