User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should xenos have their own version of every misc things marines have?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    All of that can be solved with one small thing: Replace Benos with UPP every few rounds.
    the dev team were talking about doing that for a while but they backed off. If it was semi random what the marines would be facing with no indication it would do so much to help tactics/metas/equipment loadouts everything. You wouldn't see every single marine with a shotgun knowing they are fighting a bunch of xenos every round if there is a chance that its UPP instead. Plus it would spice up the game and provide variety. I remember them talking about nightmare being way more robust than it currently is to help facilitate this but I haven't seen a nightmare update in a while. Hopefully they get some of this going in the future again.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    the whole point of playing xeno is to be part of a faceless hive devoid of individuality (ostensibly at least)

if you want to feel like a snowflake and get scratched behind the ears by your superiors just play PFC lmao
    I like playing xeno because I like being an ambusher. I like being sneaky assassin archetype. I like being the bad guy. I like scaring people. Things like that. I don't play it because im faceless that makes no sense. I could do all those things and be freddy crougar who has a face and its really ugly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't play xeno to be a faceless horde. I play xeno because of 3 reasons:

1. Lack of FF

2. I can be on my own. If I fuck up, I die. No other xeno to blame my death on

3. More freedom to go T2/T3 if I so wish, while marine's SG and Spec are heavily contested.

I don't want to be a snowflake, but why are you jumping from "literally anything to identify a dude between rounds" to "being a snowflake"? Hell, my favorite way of identification is unique and static numbers (used to be optional Ckey in Hive Status but I have come to understand that it might be too intrusive for people). Virtually unnoticeable for most xeno, and basically the same with now for marines. But at least I can see someone with the number 322 and think "oh man, we rocked last game, let's tag team with him again" and enjoy my round. That's all I ask man.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to be given a boulder as compensation for carrying the hive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blease god just give xeno leaders that squad leader like detection arrow. the queen has one for a reason, and marine squad leaders have one for a reason.

i want you to try to imagine what it would be like trying to herd pfcs without that handy squad leader compass thing. imagine if the marine's only arrow pointed to the CO on the almayer. having to take the time to type out directions and landmarks, possibly to someone who isn't even familiar with the map, someone who doesn't even know where they themselves are let alone where you're trying to guide them to, instead of just saying follow the arrow. that's how hobbled and useless xeno starred leaders are in their actual leadership ability.

these bastards are supposed to be part of a HIVEMIND and they cant even find each other half of the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    blease god just give xeno leaders that squad leader like detection arrow. the queen has one for a reason, and marine squad leaders have one for a reason.

i want you to try to imagine what it would be like trying to herd pfcs without that handy squad leader compass thing. imagine if the marine's only arrow pointed to the CO on the almayer. having to take the time to type out directions and landmarks, possibly to someone who isn't even familiar with the map, someone who doesn't even know where they themselves are let alone where you're trying to guide them to, instead of just saying follow the arrow. that's how hobbled and useless xeno starred leaders are in their actual leadership ability.

these bastards are supposed to be part of a HIVEMIND and they cant even find each other half of the time
    This is my favorite idea, there could be a button in the top-left which allows you to select one of the hive leaders to track, it'd really make hive leaders feel like they're actually supposed to be followed by other xenos, rather than the current state where hive leaders are basically just vessels for pheromones and have purple text.

Also for OP's suggestions regarding names and medals;
    Names - I think xenos having actual names like "Sharpclaw Spitlord" or some shit would be pretty gay but I'd be open to the idea of xenos being able to set a preferred/static "number", like always spawning as as Larva (606) if nobody else has 606 as their number in that round.
    Medals - I like Noah Kirchner's idea of having royal jelly as like a xeno version of medals, it might even encourage xenos to stay alive and get captures instead of slashing one person and then dying as a Young Runner (i want to believe).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think xenos being anonymous is part of the appeal for playing xeno. You're free to experiment and be part of a horde. And xenos being anonymous really makes it sweeter when Young Runner (692) robusts an entire squad. I don't know how to explain it, but it just adds a bit of freedom to playing xeno. I'd be fine with preferred numbers and the royal jelly idea (The following xenos were given Royal Jelly: Young Runner (692: For killing 6 tallhosts when trapped on the metal bird), though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop trying to make xeno as snowflakey as marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the medal system idea... I'll tweak it to an "Aberrant" or "Abnormal" strain. I do get some xeno players may want a little flavor, and most of us do want the constraint of the universe we are lending from... So having where there is a slight karma system to the times you play xeno and a hidden score with it.
    At a point, say going from mature to elder, a chance for an effect can occur (Albino, ripple skin, misty aura, etc) . A player can select that and over time the game would apply the effect as you keep hitting that score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current system of having people burst from their character's body is a decent compromise for me.

You get to see who's playing xeno, but you have to go through the trouble of checking who's there, dead.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere