User Tag List

Thread: Chaznoodles - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaznoodles - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Chaznoodles
    Character Name?
    Cyrus Saint
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Desmet
    Total Ban Duration
    Note
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    TG.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    MP made false arrest at round start of Delta SG, interferred with arrest as bravo SL which led to involvement of bravo marines escalating issue to brig raid by marines at round start. Asked to avoid such roleplay, especially with important roles at round start as it impacts round negatively.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Delta SG, Goliath, was in Bravo Prep with my permission, next to a smashed window he hadn't broken. A MP started shouting at him regarding arresting him (Brandon Bratton?). The charges were false, as it was neither trespass because he had permission, nor was it damage to government property because the window was already broken. I got in the way and stated both of these, but the MP got increasingly insistent and tased Goliath down without bothering to listen to any of the evidence. Myself and another marine bumped him away from Goliath in an effort to get him to listen, he instead tased me down. He dragged Goliath into the Sec Checkpoint, came back, cuffed me and did the same. He then released Goliath saying he had bigger fish to fry before dragging me into the Sec Office, making it pretty clear that this had been bait the entire time.

He dragged me into the main brig and opened the doors where Bravos were outside voicing their concerns over the false arrest and bait, in order to bait them into the Brig so he could arrest them for trespass, which he promptly tried to do before dragging me into the room with all the cells. By this point I'd reported it to staff with no result, reported it to the CIC with no result.

Bravo got increasingly antsy over this, with some of them stuck in the Brig Lobby because of the aforementioned baiting. They broke into the Brig Cells area as John Alvador, a SO, arrived. The SO attempted to listen to the story and make the MP listen, but the MP ignored him and shoved me in a cell, all the while being told the original arrest was false. Alvador tried to remove me from the cell but the MP shoved me back in, before batoning both myself and Alvador. Bravo were getting super antsy at this point, with me having informed admins via another message that unless something was done there would be a lot of problems happening. At this point, the MP went SSD, via sleep or otherwise. I was taken out by Alvador, reclothed myself and headed planetside.

While planetside, I was asked by Desmet to explain what happened, which can be sourced via logs, eventually resulting in the mentioned note. As far as I was told, others involved were noted too, though the blame for the entire incident is on the MP for false arrests and bait, and the lack of a prompt response nor any attempt to halt escalation from staff. If no action had been taken by marines, it would likely have gone undealt with. Debating this, I was told a note wasn't punishment, when everyone is aware that notes are frequently used to base further punishment off and escalate it. Other players shouldn't be noted for this.

All in all, this entire situation was down to the MP committing a false arrest and breaking rules which staff didn't handle promptly when reported, thereby resulting in further problems which could have been avoided. At no point was anyone hurt nor was the round disrupted by the actions of the marines bar the MP at any time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appealing notes is not a thing unless it was an absolute mistake like the wrong player was noted.
    You will have to file a staff report for Grimcad to determine if there was any wrongdoing on the moderation team behalf, and for him to determine if the note will be removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Appealing notes is not a thing unless it was an absolute mistake like the wrong player was noted.
    You will have to file a staff report for Grimcad to determine if there was any wrongdoing on the moderation team behalf, and for him to determine if the note will be removed.
    Staff reports are bloody silly because the staff member conducted himself entirely well during the whole situation and don't serve the purpose of what this is about. Notes are a punishment in themself, and having to potentially report a staff member who followed what is set out in staff conduct and was entirely polite about it to get them removed is not a good way of handling them.
    Last edited by Chaznoodles; 05-31-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    Staff reports are bloody silly because the staff member conducted himself entirely well during the whole situation and don't serve the purpose of what this is about.
    Yeah we don't have a set procedure on the validity of someone being issued a note, because admins have enough to do with investigations with logs for reports, handling unban appeals, etc...

But as I have some extra time at the moment, I did some digging anyway so I'll the basic logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This was before you did the right thing and sent an ahelp to report a "false arrest."

I've seen the PM logs between you and Desmet, and I agree with Desmet. You shoulda just ahelped it from the get go and let a mod handle it.
    In my opinion he did his job and issued valid notes. I am going to hold off on posting further logs as I am going to await a manager decision if this "Appeal my note" will go through or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, you cannot appeal notes. Secondly, from what I'm seeing the note is valid. You don't need to take handling rulebreaks into your own hands, let staff do their jobs.

Denied.