Byond ID?
    BeardedWall

Marine Name
    Cash "Upbeat" Taylor

Other Whitelist Applications
    None, this would be my first Whitelist.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Felix

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes, I believe that I am fully familiar with them.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Scenarios in which my life is threatened or mission impacted but that I am otherwise not able to flee from combat may be appropriate. But only to a point where I can flee again.

For example if I am surrounded by humans beating me my first reaction would be to run away, or perhaps shove someone and then run. If someone is trying to kill the captain and he orders me to help him, I might try to incapacitate the person, but mostly will block the person so the captain can run. I have a hard time coming up with a scenario that would justify killing a human as a synth.

For aliens, if only to the point where we can get away. Again defending a fallen marine, I would try to drag him away as a first priority. I do not plan on chasing aliens down with an axe and butchering them (if I even could).

Synthetic Character Story
    A flashlight beam pans around as two men walk through the dripping dark underside of a secluded part of requisitions..

"Just what in the hell are we doing down here again RO,besides rooting around in years of garbage and wasting time? I don't think this part of the ship has been open since I've been alive!"

Shining his flashlight around the Cargo Technician illuminates the dank and rusty storage room, lighting the path for himself and the Requisitions Officer following him.

A lighter flicks as the RO ducks a cross beam and begins to light his cigar.

The RO sighs.

"We were sent down here to root through the garbage and try to find a mystery box of Barrel Chargers that someone with a rank higher than me insists is down here, though I am certain there isn't."

Spitting to the side the CT frowns and turns to his boss.

"That's bad news cause we're never gonna find something down here".

Glancing around briefly the RO spots a comfortable looking box that is only moderately filthy and moves toward it.

"Well, the good news they sent us both Tech, which means someone with a rank higher than you is going to sit down over there and watch you dig through the shit for a while. And that someone is me."

The flash light beam pans into the ROs face blinding him as he starts to sit.

Both men stand still for a minute, the RO shielding his eyes with his hand.

"That really sucks LT.."

"Such is marine life Cargo Tech, now get digging".

-----------------------------------------------------

Minutes of half-hearted searching is interrupted only by the muttering of the cargo technician, the puffs of a cigar, and the constant noise of the ship.

CRASH

"Holy shit Lieutenant there's a body down here!!"

The light reveals a tarped object vaguely human shaped, with marines boots poking out the end. After scrambling a distance away the CT freezes.

Footsteps scrape as the Requisitions Officer jumps up from his casual lounge and rushes over.

"What?"

"I knew we shouldn't have been down here LT.. now we have to call the MPS and there's a murder! What if they think we done it? The CMP has it out for me already because of the pizza thing..."

Reaching the shroud the RO grabs a corner.

"Shut up marine, let me look"

Pulling back the tarp, the RO reveals a middle aged red bearded human male in full gear lying on his back with his eyes closed. Although he coudl be sleeping he isn't breathing but he doesn't appear dead either...

The RO sighs in relief.

"Thank god.. its not a body, calm down, its just a synth."

The CT warily scoots closer shining a light at the body on the floor.

"A synth?? You sure? He looks dead to me".

Crouching down the RO pulls the tarp back further, dusts puffs off the body.

"Yeah I'm sure... If he were dead he would be a mummy by now, and I've seen one of these before. They call them 'Felix' models".

The CT kicks lightly at the synths boots.

"Felix models..?"

Standing the RO takes a drag on his cigar, notices it went out and sighs again.

"Yeah, Felix, they were a line of Synths made a while back..but the company that made them went under and you dont see many of them around anymore. Shame too, it was a good model".

The lesson unlearned about his flashlight beam the CT blinds the RO once more.

"LT if it was a good model.. then why don't you see them no more.. and why do we have one laying down here?"

Throwing the stub into the dark as the CT turned the flashlight away again the RO dusts his hands off.

"I imagine we have him because we get all our junk from the cheapest places the corps can find it. And as for why you don't see them anymore, because they were too damn positive. "

Blinded for a third time the RO snatches the flashlight. Looking sheepish the CT shakes his now empty flashlight hand.

"Too positive? Whatcha mean?".

The RO moves toward the synths head and crouches, examining him closely.

"Yeah too positive, they were made to be perpetually happy. The company that made them wanted to try and break the image of synths being cold and robotic, by just making a robot always friendly and positive. "

Scowling as a waterdrop hits him the CT scoots then crouches too.

"That dont sound to bad to me...some people are always mean". The CT glances at the flashlight.

Catching the glance the RO rolls his eyes and hands the light back to him.

"It gets annoying Tech... that's the only reason I remembered the model. Felix is supposed to be latin or something for happy. It turns out the company did TOO good a job and they could ONLY be positive. Started out fine, quickly got annoying. They didnt sell well and then it led to some PR disasters. "

Peeling back the synths eyelid the RO reveals a blue eye staring fixedly.

"Oh?"

Closing the eye and standing the RO frowns.

"Yeah mostly silly stuff. The big one though, and the one that did the company in, was this explosion at a hospital. It was a while back and I dont remember if they ever found out if it was natural gas or something but anyways there were a lot of people dead, and most of the building collapsed. Anyways right as the news gets there the first responders uncover what they think is a survivor. Turns out its not and this Felix model drags itself out of the rubble and over to the crews. On live tv it says that 'Luckily everyone was killed by blunt force trauma so they didn't have to burn to death.' It was a kids hospital too I think.. that shit went viral. Stocks fell hard and that was that."

The CT grimaces and stands.

"Ouch".

"Yeah it wasn't pretty and people were pissed. Hard to spin dead kids.."

Working his watch from under his cuffs the RO glances at it and turns toward the entrance.

"Well you didn't find the BCs but I'm sick of it here and we spent enough time to say we tried, lets go."

The RO starts to leave then turns back to the CT who is still standing in place by the tarp and raises an eyebrow.

"Hey.. LT... we found HIM though, cant we like use him for stuff, or have him help around Requisitions? Hell maybe he can help with that distress beacon the squads are going down to look at."

Turning away the RO begins to make his way slowly back again, leaving the CT behind.

"I think hes broken tech..he is just laying there... you want to drag him upstairs be my guest?But I don't see a switch and I am done with this history lesson. Let's go."

------------------------------------------------------

Watching the RO make his way slowly through the dark with his lighter the CT shifts slightly on his feet and frowns down at the body at his feet. He shines his flashlight at the synth at his feet for the final time.

"Well god damn it, I got all dirty, wasted my time... and if you worked you could have helped me man that line! Stupid robots. The only one I find and it wont even turn on.."

The synths blue eyes open.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    I am going to play constantly upbeat and positive about everything.

I will be so happy to tell the Marine that he STILL has one leg left!

I will tell the brigged people they only have 10 minutes remaining hang in there!

Sure everyone died at LZ1 but 10% of the marines are still alive! That's one in ten!

I love to clean the floor Captain. Look how clean it is.

Important to note that I want to be forever positive, but NOT sarcastic. It will be a fine line.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can do everything in engineering. I have setup the generators, repaired things, hacked doors, built fobs, etc.

The only thing I am not super good with is manually wiring things, but the SMES being broken have improved that.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have done several rounds as SO, but not gotten into XO or CO yet. I have lead a squad as ASL many times. And even flown as a PO.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very. My primary role is Medical. I have been a doctor/medic/ or CMO for probably 85% of my games.

I can make all medicines including ones not on the wiki.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I have done req a few times as a CT, but not a main officer.

I know my way around the machines but am not full versed on the filling of orders or working the elevator.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I enjoy this game a lot, and enjoy helping people learn it and help marines succeed. The problem is that sometimes I don't want to play a role I want to help. But teaching someone to do surgery as a medic is useful for future rounds, but not for the marines exploding the hallway.

Sometimes I would like to go where is needed most and help and that changes as the game ebbs and flows.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Never.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No. Never.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I am not sure who is who in game.. So it is possible that I am not known by anyone on staff yet but I have been playing for a while now and can't know unless I try. If I am not known enough I will resubmit this at a later date.

For my story, I have never really done any creative writing before. I do a lot of technical writing at my job. I realize my story is.. probably not AMAZING but I tried and it came out kind of unconventional but I like it.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 06-14-2019 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Change name to Felix

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you be willing to change your name?
    Synthetic Senator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Would you be willing to change your name?
    Sure, what do you think would work better?

I might have to rewrite the story a bit depending.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why'd you choose to have no dialogue from your synthetic in your story?

I'm gonna give you a pass, write me a conversation between Upbeat (name for now, right now it's a bad name) and a marine who just got his arm blown off.
    Synthetic Senator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Why'd you choose to have no dialogue from your synthetic in your story?

I'm gonna give you a pass, write me a conversation between Upbeat (name for now, right now it's a bad name) and a marine who just got his arm blown off.
    I originally had some dialogue after he turned on, but I didn't like how it turned out. Felt like a better ending there. Not much of an author through apparently!

Do you want me to PM it or put the conversation in here?

Other feedback is appreciated! Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put it in here, thanks.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll support him since he can RP well but your name is like uh not really good. +1 good luck

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I originally had some dialogue after he turned on, but I didn't like how it turned out. Felt like a better ending there. Not much of an author through apparently!

Do you want me to PM it or put the conversation in here?

Other feedback is appreciated! Thanks guys.
    Hello have you wrote the conversation yet? I'd love to vote on it as well as rest of the app. Also if you picked a new name I'd also like to hear it, because I'm gonna echo Jakk here and say that Upbeat is a bad name
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Hello have you wrote the conversation yet? I'd love to vote on it as well as rest of the app. Also if you picked a new name I'd also like to hear it, because I'm gonna echo Jakk here and say that Upbeat is a bad name
    Apologies all, I had planned on writing the conversation last weekend but my Fiance had other plans not involving "that dumb alien game". I will try to sit down after work this week, as I want to give it some more effort than the 5 minute quick responses.

As for the name.. I am mulling it over still, I like the "always positive" angle, but all I have thought of is "Positivus" but that sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Appreciate y'alls patience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for the conversation and to see if you're going to change your name or not!
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.