Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BeardedWall - Synthetic Application

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    I'm waiting for the conversation and to see if you're going to change your name or not!
    Along with this, keep in mind that the name does need to be an actual name, and not twists of words etc.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing around with the names I have come up with a couple that I like.

The first is "Asher". Hebrew for Happy/Blessing.

The second being "Felix" which has a stem in latin meaning "happy" or "Lucky".

Personally I like Felix better, but I also liked Upbeat and that has been universally panned.

So Felix, unless y'all think Asher is better; or if BOTH are bad and I need to try again.

Will have the conversation tonight.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marine: MEDIC!! I'MMM DYYY ING HERE.
    I run up. Grab him.
    Me: Do not worry marine I am here and it's a beautiful day.
    He collapses. I start giving him pills
    Marine: MY ARM IS GONE HEAL ME!
    Me: Yes just relax and don't worry, it isn't gone, I can see it!
    Marine: I am dying!! HELP
    Scanner shows -9% hp
    Me: Good News, you are more than slightly halfway alive.
    Marine screams
    Me: Thank you for that. Your lungs are definitely not damaged. Test complete.
    Finish treating him and stand him up.
    Marine: This sucks, my arm is gone..am I IB?
    Me: Nope, and most of it is still in you. You will be good as new in no time. And we are friends now.
    Marine: What? Except my ARM.
    Me: We have fantastic doctors on the ship, would you like me to take you and your arm to discuss options with them?
    Marine: No get away from me.
    Walks off
    Me: Thank you marine, we are great friends now. Good luck.
    Marine: I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND
    Me: You are so funny friend. See you later.

Its a little sillier than I will probably play it, but its hard to write a conversation with myself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Felix is a fine name. So the story while decent, it didn't tell me much about your synth personality and how I can see it in actual gameplay. That's why you were asked to do a conversation piece and the conversation you did, did have some grammar issues that didn't quite convince me. Quirk is fine.

I have seen you ingame, but I don't remember you as someone from medical. What timezone do you usually play in? and I assume english is your second language?

Can you write out how a Synthetic is supposed to act? Like 2-4 lines, where you just explain the personality, what makes them different from normal humans and so on?
    Last edited by Vampmare; 06-14-2019 at 06:26 AM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Felix is a fine name. So the story while decent, it didn't tell me much about your synth personality and how I can see it in actual gameplay. That's why you were asked to do a conversation piece and the conversation you did, did have some grammar issues that didn't quite convince me. Quirk is fine.

I have seen you ingame, but I don't remember you as someone from medical. What timezone do you usually play in? and I assume english is your second language?

Can you write out how a Synthetic is supposed to act? Like 2-4 lines, where you just explain the personality, what makes them different from normal humans and so on?

I'm neutral for now.
    I primarily play as a delta medic, with doctor as my second choice. I find it far more rewarding saving other marines on the battlefield than surgery, but play doctor we I see the numbers are low or look incompetent. I am in the america central time zone and I usually play around 7pm central to way too early on weekdays.

As far as language goes I am an engineer professionally, so you have a bit of an argument for english not being my first language (ha). Do I really come across as a non-native english speaker? I admit that fiction is a bit outside my usual wheelhouse but I suppose I will have to strive to do better gramatically.

As far as how a synth is supposed to act, in a word I would say selfless. They are focused entirely on the mission at hand and the job to be done. They are above the petty drives that cause marines to charge aliens in anger, insult and fight someone who insults them, get revenge on an enemy, or question orders because of a personal attitude toward an officer. A synth would be satsified to do duties that others would find boring or ridiculous because although they understand feelings they are not bound by them. A synth is an awesome underling but a terrible friend.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not completely convinced but I like your response and you're worth a shot, so you're getting a small +1 from me.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modified the application and story for the new requested name "Felix".

Sidebar, my fiance called me a nerd for "filing a fake application for a fake job that pays nothing". So I just want to thank everyone who has weighed in and helped me move this forward. I appreciate the time and effort y'all are taking for a *rolls eyes* video game even if SHE doesn't.

Thanks again.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Positive is such a overdone quirk but if you plan to use it how you did in your conversation it would be pretty funny. I saw you in support roles so I don't worry about your ability to perform them. Your notes and play time are good. Felix is also a good name.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Acute said, if you manage to act like you did in that conversation, it'll be really funny. Anyway, thank you for changing your name, felix is okay. And since Acute vouched for you, I'll be giving you my +1. Good luck.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're taking a risk here, don't make us regret this.

+1.
    Synthetic Senator