Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making Medical Conditions Canon

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making Medical Conditions Canon

I hate playing squad marine on ICE, even though i love squad marine as a role, thus I usually try to come up with a contrived reason to not deploy so I can do other fun things on the ship, eventually it got to the point where I consistantly narrowed down the reason to a single medical condition that I've mulled over for a long time, and have decided to codify. This is completely made up, and is almost literally translated from latin words for ice and bone. Let me know what you think, if we could make conditions like these or others canon, and if it's possible someone with a rare condition like this could make it into the colonial marines (the falling falcons in particular is kinda like the B company, and I imagine having to go into space and very possibly never seeing your loved ones again and dying on some backwood shithole of a planet would drive down recruitment and recruiting standards with it.)

Nixiospinosis: A rare genetic condition almost exclusive to those of anglo saxton descent, exposure to extreme cold conditions under safe human cryostasis levels induces a hardening of the bone and marrow, even in protected and insulated areas of the body causing pain, permanent damage to the surrounding tissue and tendons, and eventually loss of all muscle control as the body is unable to contract limbs, eventual loss of oxygen due to muscle failure leads to death within hours if not treated.

Yes this is absolutely made up, and any medical personell that command or MPs asks is probably gonna call me out on the bullshit, but the magic of any roleplaying game is thinking up your dumb shit and having acknowledged by others that your dumbshit happened in this theoretical imagined event, so who knows if anyone else will play along. The anglo saxton descent thing would make it a bit more niche, and probably less likely that american doctors would recognize it (AS tends to describe those of british lineage, so while there is some overlap, america tends to have a much more diverse gene pool)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We shoot aliens here, sir.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that it'd be neat and provide opportunities to RP, but it'd probably be a nightmare for the Devs to implement and I don't think it'll get enough use to warrant the time spent.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora9567 View Post
    I understand that it'd be neat and provide opportunities to RP, but it'd probably be a nightmare for the Devs to implement and I don't think it'll get enough use to warrant the time spent.
    i didnt mean to actually add it mechanically, i just meant it as a fluff RP thing that the staff could acknowledge with other conditions as being canon to this universe we have collectively created

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be down to this.

I mean, i don't think staff actually care about any realistical conditions a character may have that you RP, unless you're a straight forward sociopath

I mean, TG has something like that right? I believe that a mechanic like that would be neat, but eh, most of the devs are almost always too busy nerfing and buffing things instead of adding New ones.

Would It improve the game If It was added as a mechanic? Probably.

Would It be implemented, If It was ever considered? Probably not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to shit on your idea.

But if you did have a medical condition that would prevent deployment you wouldn't even be woken up from hypersleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having some deliberating medical condition would only make sense if you are a civilian.

You would not be in the Marine Corps if you could not fight.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just deploy once, see benos and go AWOL, no need to be gay about it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just you ASKING to board the MP train to brigtown.

If you don't want to deploy.. pick a role that doesn't. Be a MT and hide in engineering all game.

When I don't like a map I just play doctor or req and never even see the surface.

This thread is weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't like a map, either play a role that doesn't deploy... or don't play at all? No need to make up a fake medical conditon. Though I do appreciate the idea of things to do for people shipside. I feel for survivors who end up getting rescued, as the monotony on the ship is probably worse than death...