User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Opinion On balance and what I think we should do about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Opinion On balance and what I think we should do about it

So first off, this comes to NO surprise to anybody, marines are currently winning 70-80% of the rounds.

Now I'm going to list just 3 problems that have come up (others are for later):

Neuro-spamers
    Marine Vs. Xeno move-speed
    The Unga Rush

Neuro-spamers:
    Seriously? ... You're gonna complain about neuro-spam?

OK, fine, let's 'spit' out the list of what xenos can do that are spam-able to a kill-confirm or stun-lock:
    Warrior grab (ONE CASTE), and Neuro which are ONLY available to 3 castes, 1 of those castes have neuro hit RNG so bad you may as well not use it (praetorian), and the other just uses Acid spit 95% of the time (spitter). So all in all, only FOUR CASTES can stun-lock you ... and even then, it's only against ... guess how many people ... ONE FUCKING PERSON.

Now let's list the amount of spam-able abilities marines can do to stun-lock enemies:
    Grenade-Spam, which is ... oh ... OH HO HOO NO ... NOT ONLY is it available to EVERY MARINE ... HO HO HOOO NO ... THAT'S NOT ALL ... HO NO ... EVERY marine can use their built-in GL to be a mini-grenadier spec and chain-stun ... OH ... OH HO HOOO NO ... THAT'S NOT ALL EITHER ... ANY AND ALL xenos in a RADIUS get chain-stunned and ANYTHING that tries to rescue them besides a crusher will be caught in it.
    HO ... HOOO NO NO ... IT GETS BETTER ... Not to mention you have the A19 High-Velo-Impact rounds that not only chain-stun-lock xenos, but virtually acts as a kill confirm for almost any caste INCLUDING T3's.

Don't give me this BULLSHIT about how xenos are fuckin' OP with neuro-spam when you have a spec that can see in the pitch-black-dark at a ridiculous range that can chain-stun-lock-kill xenos, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU FUCKS 'nade-stun-locks-shoots-&-kills whenever you can get the chance.

Marine Vs. Xeno move-speed:
    I cannot tell you how many times as a xeno that I've been an ancient/elder T2 lurker/spitter, and I'm literally chased down by 2 meme-rines in light armor and fuckin' shotguns.
    ... This is RIDICULOUS!!! How the hell does a human who's not only wearing armor, even light armor is heavy (a 'lightly armored chestplate' in the marines, and I looked this up, is roughly 7-10 kg ... do you know how fuckin' heavy that is? That's roughly 15-20 pounds!), a big-gun (I've handled assault rifles and shotguns, they are HEAVY), and not to mention all of their fucking gear ... how the hell does THAT compare to the same exact speed as a biologically perfect organism which virtually has PURE MUSCLE throughout their ENTIRE BODY. NO fat, NO extra space except for swallowing ... NO EXTRAS!!!
    I would say either remove light armor, or lower the base marine speed, because this is absolutely ridiculous.

The Unga-Rush:
    This has been a problem since virtually the beginning of bloody time, and to be honest I'm starting to think the only solution is to punish the commanders who order an unga-rush.
    I know it's mainly the marines, and to be honest, that's why I'm actually thinking of suggesting a stamina system, but not yet.
    I think adding fog to all of the maps would be 100% fine with me IMO.

These are my comments/rage moments about game balance.

You're free to try and change my mind, I'm right here.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lollllll

marines are barely winning, the current armor changes fuck marines more over than they fuck over xenos, neurospam will always be a problem and is shit mechanic with 0 counterplay and needs to go, this thread is funny
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Git gud

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eyyy... Mate! Acid-Goop is over there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Acid Goop my dude. Marines are still fucked with burn damage and bugged pain scaling, don't forget about that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizolo View Post

Grenade-Spam, which is ... oh ... OH HO HOO NO ... NOT ONLY is it available to EVERY MARINE ... HO HO HOOO NO ... THAT'S NOT ALL ... HO NO ... EVERY marine can use their built-in GL to be a mini-grenadier spec and chain-stun ... OH ... OH HO HOOO NO ... THAT'S NOT ALL EITHER ... ANY AND ALL xenos in a RADIUS get chain-stunned and ANYTHING that tries to rescue them besides a crusher will be caught in it.
    HO ... HOOO NO NO ... IT GETS BETTER ... Not to mention you have the A19 High-Velo-Impact rounds that not only chain-stun-lock xenos, but virtually acts as a kill confirm for almost any caste INCLUDING T3's.

Don't give me this BULLSHIT about how xenos are fuckin' OP with neuro-spam when you have a spec that can see in the pitch-black-dark at a ridiculous range that can chain-stun-lock-kill xenos, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU FUCKS 'nade-stun-locks-shoots-&-kills whenever you can get the chance.

Marine Vs. Xeno move-speed:
    I cannot tell you how many times as a xeno that I've been an ancient/elder T2 lurker/spitter, and I'm literally chased down by 2 meme-rines in light armor and fuckin' shotguns.
    ... This is RIDICULOUS!!! How the hell does a human who's not only wearing armor, even light armor is heavy (a 'lightly armored chestplate' in the marines, and I looked this up, is roughly 7-10 kg ... do you know how fuckin' heavy that is? That's roughly 15-20 pounds!), a big-gun (I've handled assault rifles and shotguns, they are HEAVY), and not to mention all of their fucking gear ... how the hell does THAT compare to the same exact speed as a biologically perfect organism which virtually has PURE MUSCLE throughout their ENTIRE BODY. NO fat, NO extra space except for swallowing ... NO EXTRAS!!!
    I would say either remove light armor, or lower the base marine speed, because this is absolutely ridiculous.
    Not sure if its because of the time wnd place you get shot at, but I haven't noticed that bad of a time with A19 rounds. I got hit a couple of times as a Carrier and walked away unscathed. Granted, I was able to walk away as I was playing near front line Ancient carrier and the front was hella fluid, so maybe it is not the same circumstance as your situations.

Regarding GL, first of all not every marine takes their UGL in the first place. Next, not that many, if they keep it, actually know *how* to use or load it. Furthermore, if they do, not very many pack extra grenades for it. And then furthermore, if they do know how to use it, keep it, load it and keep ammo, not very many actually use it effectively and many end up doing more harm than good. FURTHERMORE, unless its a well placed nade or a poorly positioned Xeno, grenades aren't to bad to dodge. It just sounds like, if you do get UGL'd, you met a Not Awful player who at least knows how to use their tool. Which is 'dangerous' bc half the game is relying on your enemy being bald.

And regarding Spec, as well as Smart Gunner as its related. Spec usually only has NV, while SG has NV and thermal or "thermal lite". Xenos have both NV and Thermal vision through all materials. You can spy on marines in LV by looking through the cave walls for example, while marines can't. Arguing that one (usually one) marine has NV/Thermal is OP when all xenos have both is questionable.

And regarding the shotgunners in light armor... use other xebos. use the aforementioned spitter or sentinel and tag then those sprinting ungas. if they're following you as far as you make it sound, you should basically get yourself two free kills/infections. Yes, magharnesses make everything worse but you have methods of countering that that marines have no countermeasure for (spit, grab, tackle spam, pain crit induced KO, Infection KO, unlimited TRAPS)

That last thing is also key. Xenos aren't affected by ammo and Pain, marines are. That unga will reload eventually, shooting all your traps and walls and traps and walls and facehuggers and traps and walls and runner ambushes and walls... etc.

I don't mean to be rude.But it does sound like a case of Git Gud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only FF xenos have is bodyblocking.

Nade FF is fucking unreal 90% of the time and only effective when done properly with followups. Average marine is not capable of doing that reliably.
    I have literally never died because of hi-velo ammo. It's really spooky to get suddenly stunned, but the scout has to actually hit you repeatedly. Even one miss or a fellow xeno to drag you away negates it.

Neuro is highly likely to stun you. Marines taking one slash slows them down further. Followup neuro is easier and further slashes fuck up the marine.

Xenos are way too fast, I don't know what you're smoking when you're failing to escape from marines as a sentinel. As for the weight, gameplay trumps realism. Assault rifles ARE heavy along with rest of the gear, but we're talking about 2D spacemen soldiers.

Unga rush is the most viable strat because of the superior ability of xenos to recover. There is no motivation for marines to bunker down, except on Ice, where rushing is even worse than usual.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You're free to try and change my mind, I'm right here."

Makes me think we wont.

Neurospam is obnoxious
    Tacklespam is obnoxious
    Runner pushing (especially on lag) is ridiculous
    Paincrit is obnoxious
    Ive seen multiple marines instant killed by long range acid from boilers. On lvl one poor bastard took 214 burn damage when it hit his face and died instantly.
    And no marine victory isnt 80%

This was pretty funny though.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    "You're free to try and change my mind, I'm right here."

Makes me think we wont.

Neurospam is obnoxious
    Tacklespam is obnoxious
    Runner pushing (especially on lag) is ridiculous
    Paincrit is obnoxious
    Ive seen multiple marines instant killed by long range acid from boilers. On lvl one poor bastard took 214 burn damage when it hit his face and died instantly.
    And no marine victory isnt 80%

This was pretty funny though.
    Yall gonna be really disappointed when you finally get all the stuns removed and they make xenos kill you in 2 hits and take 30 bullets to kill.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Yall gonna be really disappointed when you finally get all the stuns removed and they make xenos kill you in 2 hits and take 30 bullets to kill.
    It's obnoxious but I don't want it changed. My point being both sides have silly shit and I think aliens have more stuns right now.

The only thing I want removed is runner pushing because it's reallllly stupid, especially at high lags, and doesnt make much sense. Good runners can already tackle you, slash, and then drag you. To get a leg slashed once, tackled so you drop your gun, and then pushed 50 tiles away... just silly.