User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice is Nice - A CM Mini-Series [Characters Wanted - As many as possible!]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Ice is Nice - A CM Mini-Series [Characters Wanted - As many as possible!]

Hello! This is Fatih (Fatih345 on discord), the player who mains the Charlie Engineer "Maria 'Ekaterina' Ivanovna" or the extremely rare Drone main. I've noticed a few other people post in this section with short stories and stories they're writing looking for characters, and I've decided to also post here for an upcoming CM story I'm writing. I originally started writing my story for fun and as a sort of roast/meme session for the players and characters I've come to know on CM, however now it's kind of taken a life of its own and I actually want to see it grow into something greater. What I started out originally with was a short story following my created character "Maria Ivanovna" and her going on a short uneventful mission meeting all her named friends and acquaintances along the way with roasts and banter. However, the situation has changed and now I'm turning this little meme into an actual story that I hope this community will enjoy.

The basic premise of the story is this: The USS Almayer responds to a confirmed hostile occupation of the W-Y installation known simply as "Ice Colony". CLF rebel forces are confirmed to be occupying the installation with possible UPP advisers assisting them. It is up to the Marines aboard the USS Almayer to dislodge and destroy the CLF and restore W-Y control over the facility. While the two forces battle over the colony, however, a hidden evil lurks below the ice...

I have already written two chapters of this short story: one is the original meme story full of tongue in cheek humor and jabs at characters while the other is a preview of action that occurs between the USCM and the CLF. Both chapters will be edited and updated to fit into the actual story, I just wanted to show what I thought up *before* making this a serious endeavor in case anyone would like an idea of what may be written. While "Maria Ivanovna" starts out as the principal character, I actually plan on having multiple "main" characters whos POVs I jump from depending on the events and chapters. I plan on having at least Charlie and Delta represented directly via characters and POV jumps, with a special focus on Delta for a key chapter of the story. Alpha will be for sure, at the very least, mentioned heavily and some Alpha characters may pop up individually, however I cannot plan that far without seeing the characters submitted. I would like to include all squads, but Charlie and Delta are the only ones I have 220% confirmed.

In a spoiler below will be the two example chapters as well as the links to the actual chapters. Anyone and everyone is welcome to read and give feedback on the writing, and I would especially like feedback as I am writing. The links will be permanent and always on, so you can pop in and see what I've written so far or even watch me write in real time.
    Preview Links and Chapter Links

Before you go ahead and submit your characters, there are a few thoughts to take in! Firstly, I will try my best to include every character submitted in some way. While non-submitted characters may be mentioned in passing if I remember them, submitting your character cements a place specific for them in the story. Secondly, if you want your character selected for a POV position, you will have to put in a bit of effort and detail in submitting your character. A random pfc would be alright submitting just some character physical traits, but a POV character needs personality and detail in order to drive or lead the story along. If I choose your character as a possible POV character, I will ask beforehand if that is alright with you. Communication would also be key as I don't want to do anyone a disservice when writing this story. While this story does have plenty of room for banter, in jokes, jabs, and mini roasts of characters, I do intend to focus more on the story and how our characters deal with the situation presented to them. I also do not intend to write anything as if it started with an E. I intend to write this in the spirit of the CM game we have on the server in accordance with its lore, not so much with its gameplay mechanics (marines can crawl, for example). The character list is not final, more of a guideline. The story will focus more on the marines on the ground, however if you wish for an Almayer position that is fine too. Just know they may only be mentioned and possibly not have an active role in the story.

Character List - Multiple Character submissions ARE allowed
    Spoiler Spoiler:

That's all! Submit your characters below, read and preview the example chapters if you want, and feel free to contact me via Discord! That's the best way to reach me.

Discord name/ID:
    Character Name:
    Requested Role/Squad:
    Physical Traits and Description:
    Character Traits and Personality:
    Gear and Equipment Loadout (Role preference allowed):
    Would you be alright being a POV character:
    If so, do you want to be a POV character?:
    Would you be alright with your character dying?:
    If you want your character to die, how would you possibly want them to die?:
    Last edited by Mafs; 07-30-2019 at 06:45 AM. Reason: added link to Prologue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick double post before anyone beats me! Just a random note, I am looking specifically for a Scottish or German or Anglo-Saxon character to be on Delta squad for a specific scene particular to Delta. If you already have a character that fits any of the 3 ethnic groups, I would like to have you for a Delta role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about chinese
    上等兵 Cheng Jinping Chan
    Panzerfuehrer Gunther Von Saucken
    Community Mentor: 11/14/2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    How about chinese
    Chinese would actually work, for the thing I have planned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings from the land of spaghetti, compagno!

I usually don't swing by here much. But I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing what you had planned. So, I was wondering; would you mind if I stole the XO slot? Here's the deetz.

Discord ID: Whitelight#2099
    Character: Anna Costello (Also known as 'Pepper' by some)
    Role: Executive Officer

Physical Trait and Description: Costello is a fairly slender woman that isn't overtly physically strong, standing at the short, unimpressive height of 5"6'. She IS a stocky woman however; possessing strong bones and enough muscle to spare from doing the CO's bidding, giving her plenty of strength in a physical contest, even if she couldn't beat the ones with actual muscle. But, outwardly, she shows herself as a thin, short, and lightweight girl, with an athletic build hidden beneath uniform and gear. He girly hands have long, pianist fingers.

At this rank, she is around 43 years old. The occasional gray hair might show itself, if she doesn't hide it beforehand beneath her short and loosely smooth, auburn colored hair; but her face aged well. She has hardly a wrinkle, mostly thanks to the gentle, smooth shape of her face. Except for maybe a slight blemish on her upper left cheek, close to her eye, where a small trace of a deep scar still is. This was due to a wayward shrapnel finding it's way into her skull when a gung-ho Delta marine flubbed the toss of their grenade and it came bouncing back to them.

A scathingly hot metal fragment was once embedded in her face. Had it not been for the immediate intervention of their corpsmen, she would've lost her eye. It was a painful procedure that had to be done quickly and with only light painkillers. She decided to keep the scar, as a reminder (and because it looks cool).

Her eyes are of a light blue color. They're on the slightly large side, and tend to be very expressive. Which also makes it hard for her to really conceal how she really feels about things unless she tries very hard to do so. Her skin is also particularly light toned, looking rather pale; and she even sunburns quicker than others.

And of course, she has *totally* large B sized cleavage. And a butt that is round enough for John Murry to occasionally pipe up with "Nice ass!", and get behind her during formations on purpose.
    (This actually happens in game, by the way. Let me know if there's need for additional information.)

Character Traits/Personality: She tends to be very enthusiastic about her job. Back when she was still a lowly First Lieutenant, she might have fallen into the stereotypical "good-natured but inexperienced officer" stereotype due to her constant eagerness to do just about anything, even if it wasn't very important. This attitude began to decay when she actually began to see action through the cameras of the Marines, specifically during the events of Christobal -- which she witnessed pretty much first-hand.

She is much more restrained now. And usually watches most people warily, because she knows most Marines aren't actually as nice as she wishes them to be; which usually results in keeping a close eye on the MPs, to ensure that they are always where they need to be -- even when a Chief MP is present. Despite her generally low faith for the marines, she still cares about what happens to them an awful lot more than the average senior officer. She wont quite stay in the same level as the Enlisted at all times, but she always makes a concrete effort to ensure that everyone in the room is at least partially concerned for the lives of the Marines. And she can easily be at her happiest when the marines are happy, too.

Think of her personality as "The McCoy" in the freudian trio. She is very much "Honor before Reason", and tends to value acting in good conscience rather than for the interest of the third party (that is the Company). But she usually has a lot of faith in her Captain, and can USUALLY be made to bow down to his decision unless the consequences for it are extremely costly for the troops. Her loyalty to her captain is dependent on the captain's capacity for morals; and might grow progressively less faithful if too many marines end up dying.

Of course this doesn't keep her from making it a habit to smile and staying positive despite what may happen, she is always very optimistic. Or, she tries to be. Now, Pepper believes in the Murphy's Law; and as such has made it a habit to usually be better suited with making an outline for a plan, and then improvising the smaller details -- unless said smaller details require bombs, in which case she will acquire plenty of explosives before the plan happens. She is good at bringing people together to discuss said plans to join forces, which usually helps with making more elaborate schemes.

She also tends to speak with a particularly energetic, slightly high pitched voice, which usually goes to match her demeanor, also speaking more in British english where the pronunciation matters due to where she was born and who she grew up with.

Her father was a Businessman for Weyland Yutani, and today this man is an executive for them. She has a brother, too, who has been perfectly groomed to also be in the same business as their father. Her mother, a prospector on Mars, died when she was just about 9 years old due to an accident with a newer generation Working Joe malfunctioning and "Accidentally" killing them. Foul play was suspected from the start, but it was covered up and rebranded as "CLF Sabotage".

She has a TERRIBLE relationship with her parents, because they had a habit to leave her in the dust. At one point, she was left behind on a planet after a business trip, and she spent years alone. She had to leave the planet by finding jobs on a cargo freighter. Luckily, she is good at mathematics, and is extremely qualified for Logistics work.

Anna is NOT afraid of putting herself in danger or shooting someone when the moment comes up, especially if it helps in saving someone else. Her selflessness is both a fault and a boon. her biggest fear is to fail as a Commander and get people killed. And her other biggest fear are particularly big, angry dogs, she LOVES cats though. She loves them excessively.

(Lemme know if you need to know something else here, too.)

Gear and Equipment Loadout: Anna tends to prefer shotguns. She isn't a particularly skilled shooter, but she has grown accustomed to Close Quarters Combat and will usually default to firing buckshot or slugs depending on the situation, or using a bayonette to defend herself when it comes down to it. She always carries a boot knife. And she usually tends to ditch the pistol holster in favor of a shotgun load rig, but keeping the pistol in her satchel in case she needs it.

Ontop of that, she ALWAYS wears a helmet. She loves heavy armor, and prefers it over other variants -- Including the officer pattern.

Would you be alright being a POV character: Yeah!
    If so, do you want to be a POV character?: Yes!
    Would you be alright with your character dying?: I am okay with it, yes. I am trusting you with my character for this, if you want it.
    If you want your character to die, how would you possibly want them to die?: I dunno. Surprise me!
    "Stop saying I'm cute when I'm actually not!" - Anna 'Pepper' Costello

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll write up mine soon

But I would like to be SO or the CO this time.
    Captain Alyx 'Winter' Einzbern / Youngblood Yaut'ja Lurk'tar H'chak

I used to play has a marine known has Jeff Jenkins a Axe Maniac.

My Life on the Corps.
    https://pastebin.com/vfSX9bQB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord name/ID: All-I-Do-Is-Nguyen#7060

Character Name: Jaidon Wise

Requested Role/Squad: Delta Spec (scout)

Physical Traits and Description: A young white although half Vietnamese man, seems to be around 19 years old. He has long brown hair tied in a Bushido ponytail fashion. His face is riddled with mild acne. He has hard brown eyes, that of one who's seen too much. He stands at around 5'8" and despite his small figure is quite fit.

Character Traits and Personality: He's a cocky jackass but on the inside he's a really soft guy. He will leave no man behind and will fight till he dies. Has a strong sense of companionship with his squadmates and will always have their back even if he dislikes them.

Gear and Equipment Loadout (Role preference allowed): scout spec. Normal scout gear, has a red headband on his helmet and a red bandana on his face (pulled down). He has a black webbing vest on his uniform loaded with buckshot. In addition to his m4ra battle rifle (which has a vertical grip and suppressor added to it) he has a shotgun on his armor (mag harness, angled grip and BC) Two large general pouches filled with A19 magazines (you can choose which type and how many of each he has to fit the story). In his cloak he carries an advanced first aid kit, two c4, MRE and a flask of water. He has a standard ammo rig that is full of A19 (whatever choice you'd like)

Would you be alright being a POV character: Yes

If so, do you want to be a POV character?: Yes

Would you be alright with your character dying?: No

If you want your character to die, how would you possibly want them to die?: Delta never dies ??????
    Last edited by Asian_047; 06-02-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Jaidon Wise - The CM Zoomer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Discord name/ID: Avalanchee#8795

Character Name: Phillip 'Avalanche' Murray

Requested Role/Squad: PFC Delta

Physical Traits and Description: 185 centimeters tall anglo with an athletic body type, quite muscular.
    He has a dark brown CIA haircut, brown eyes and a somewhat shaved beard.
    Usually seen wearing a carmine red headband, Oakley shooting glasses and a black shemagh - has rolled up sleeves on his uniform but he doesn't wear it very often, Murray prefers a white shirt with a webbing & jeans setup because when you want to meet god you got to be nice and comfy - if we're talking about winter gear it's going to be a black beanie hat, rebreather and snowsuit (preferably black or grey) with webbing clipped to it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Character Traits and Personality: He is quite friendly and quiet outside of combat but when stuff goes wrong, he's always the first one in and the last one out, giving absolutely zero fucks about orders or other people. Literally a braindead trigger-happy killing machine.
    Emotionally attached to Anna Costello.
    Doesn't most of the time but when he actually opens his mouth he won't shut it. He has a tendency to group up with trustworthy people and leave everyone except them behind, especially Charlies. He hates them with passion because they're a bunch of retards.

Gear and Equipment Loadout (Role preference allowed) M37 with a flashlight as an attachement, M41, motion detector and a machete.

Would you be alright being a POV character: Positive.

If so, do you want to be a POV character: Positive.

Would you be alright with your character dying: Positive.

If you want your character to die, how would you possibly want them to die: heroically in a very short chapter dedicated to him, preferably far away from everyone else just to be discovered later on in the story and remembered as someone who did his part. (If you want to expand this little chapter; group me up with John 'Spartan' Murry - if you don't know who that is open the next spoiler) - feel free to hit me up on discord, I'll be glad to help)
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Avalanchee; 06-03-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool

Discord name/ID: Hunk1/Goliath-1

Character Name: Jason 'Goliath' Williams

Requested Role/Squad: Pilot Officer (In game i am more of a CAS Pilot than transport pilot)

Physical Traits and Description: 183 centimeters with atlethic body type with a buzz cut, black eyes, no beard. Often refuses to use the m30 tactical helmet duo his experiences, he dosen't need the tactical data being flushed all the time, trusting on his instincts when offering air support.

Character Traits and Personality: known for Excelent CAS airstrikes and unecessary and long military chatter and reports, he rolls friendly with everyone but rather remain on the top notch of the USCM Airborne and Ground Support Brigade Combat Team Five ( USCM AGSBCT-5), tend to be serious but slack off when off duty usually requesting permission to captain or Comoddore to bully the Corporate Liason.

Gear and Equipment Loadout (Role preference allowed): USCM Beret, standard Pilot gear.
    Would you be alright being a POV character: Yes.
    If so, do you want to be a POV character?: Yes.
    Would you be alright with your character dying?: Yes.

If you want your character to die, how would you possibly want them to die?: Having my Dropship to be shot down when trying to evade missiles after Launching a SM-17 Cluster Missile into enemies or bleeding out after evacuating a dropship full of marines after being hit by Anti-Air Flak Cannon Shrapnel.
    Trial Moderator - 12/06 to 26/06
    Moderator - 26/06 to 28/11
    Returned to Staff - 02/12 - Present

My Medals:

THE CAS MAIN YOU RESPECT

Ref: An Xeno Murderer Squad trained by a Soviet Xenomorph. Colored.

Ref: An modernized Xenomorph Response Team preparing to attack USS Almayer. Colored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord name/ID: dorph#3925

Character Name: Cliff Raser

Requested Role/Squad: Delta Squad Leader

Physical Traits and Description: Cliff is an absolute neanderthal of a man who towers at 6'3 with broad shoulders and beefy muscles. He almost always has a distant, shit-eating grin plastered across his stubble covered face. The guy keeps a relaxed, open posture while maintaining combat readiness on a mission. For hair he has a slick, greasy mullet and solid, sharp, MANLY Elvis sideburns.

Character Traits and Personality: Surprisingly intelligent and friendly. He speaks in a Frankenstein mix of a country drawl and an angry Bostonian- clearly born and raised in Sol. It's rare to see him take anything seriously and always has something either truly inspirational or shockingly retarded to say in a time of trouble. Tends to be aggressive with his orders, expecting great things from the men and women under his command- but not recklessly throwing their lives in danger.

Gear and Equipment Loadout (Role preference allowed): Aside from his basic uniform, he wears standard issue Squad Leader armor, with little bits of customization on it like the words "FRONT TOWARD ENEMY!" scrawled across the front of his helmet and "GIT SUM!" across his groin-plate. He wears aviator shades no matter what time of day or night it is and somehow sees just fine- must be all the carrot scented crayons he chows down on. A whistle hangs on a string around his neck. He's got all the old grunt tricks down: knife in a boot, snacks and first aid strapped on his helmet, flares in his satchel. Usually carries an M41AMK2 held to his armor with a magnetic harness, an underbarrel grenade launcher (with a brown webbing stuffed with HEDP,) and a bare M4A3 stuffed into his satchel. He has a first aid pouch and a large general pouch holding his binoculars, bricks of C4, and some zipties just in case. About his waist is a standard ammo belt fully loaded with extended 10x24mm magazines.

Would you be alright being a POV character: Sure!

If so, do you want to be a POV character?: I dont really, since I'd prefer my other character to be a POV. But if you see potential in him then by all means, go ahead, Id be overjoyed.

Would you be alright with your character dying?: Sure! Deltards die all the time!

If you want your character to die, how would you possibly want them to die?: Doing something equally badass and bald.
    Last edited by dorph; 06-02-2019 at 10:50 PM.