User Tag List

Thread: Players 'forcing' people to retreat - can this be stopped?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players 'forcing' people to retreat - can this be stopped?

Round just gone, Solaris. It all went wrong quite quickly. The FOB, what little of it there was, was being swamped by Xenos. The retreat is called. As an SL, my squad is in the FOB and falling back to the Alamo, whilst I'm trying to laze targets for OB.

Twice I tried to laze as the Xenos were more or less breaching the outer perimeter, and twice I got grabbed by people and pulled or slung onto a trolley and wheeled away, making me drop my targetting.

Is there a way to put a fix in that means if you're looking through a scope / range finder / etc, then you can't be pulled or strapped? Something? I understand they're trying to help, but they cost a lot of dead Xenos with their unhelpful actions.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on one hand I like that you can't push around the engineer when he's building something and would like to see that design philosophy designed elsewhere, but at the same time I feel like at some point you've gotta allow marines to fuck each other over because that's just the nature of playin' marine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imho it should stay as it is. It requires great situational awereness to laze/medicate/build cades etc. in middle of a heated situation. If you get cucked because of teammates or because of your own inability to stay on top of situation, that is just part of the charm of CM.
    No further addition needed.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM culture. Also your OB wont really kill xenos unless its a surprise one. Though i wish CAS laser can have that kind of feature like the engineers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should laze out coordinates for obing the LZ before it's needed, ideally when you land.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a goofy idea, messy retreats of stampeding ungas desperately pushing past each over to escape being eaten by xenos is part of the CM fun. Besides, if your trying that hard to get a laze off then your acting too late anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch them as they try to move you, that�s a pretty clear message

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Imho it should stay as it is. It requires great situational awereness to laze/medicate/build cades etc. in middle of a heated situation. If you get cucked because of teammates or because of your own inability to stay on top of situation, that is just part of the charm of CM.
    No further addition needed.
    As irritating as it can be, I 100% agree with this statement. I know a lot of people have been pushing over the years for balances like this, but in all honesty, it takes a lot of the Roleplay aspect out of the game for me.

If a Squad Leader is trying to laze, but can't be shoved out of the way by panicking Marines, or if a Medic is trying to splint someone, or if someone is trying to be that 'Hero' we all despise, but gets dragged off by the sane Marines? Well. That's.. Immersive, to a point.

If a guy looks through binoculars and, suddenly, he's held in place with an electromagnet, and cannot be moved, it's.. Eh. Not.. Terribly.. Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Punch them as they try to move you, that�s a pretty clear message
    This guy gets it.

And if they don't get it the first time. You know what they say...
    Do it again! And yell at them.