Your Byond ID?
    Rosswalk

Your Character Name?
    Ross Walk

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    not know

Accused Character Name
    James-Frederick Cerwick

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Monday June 3 2019 5:15ish PM

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3

Description of the incident:
    So I was the XO to the CO and I told the MP's to take me Away because I refused to follow the CO orders of dont help req witch we all know why that is bad idea. I refused this order because req was all newbies. I then requsted I was put in perma till CO died or was stripped of power. Well then the CO decided I should be killed over it. Well okay that is kinda a dick thing to do but I will go with it. So I requsted my Appeal I wrote it out and handed to the CMP. The CO said we should get this over with without the FAX well first off that is breaking the laws. But he also did not announce it with a time. Well that is secondly not allowed as a CO as it was NOT a battlefield execution. So I didn't get my appeal and he did not announce my death time.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs

How you would punish the accused:
    one of two things let him know or if it is not the first report of this or something like that that he lose the white list of the CO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi friend. So I'll try to be brief since this is pretty cut-and-dry and the logs will show it anyhow, but essentially, you were lawfully charged with crimes and then lawfully executed.

To give a brief timeline, I was requested away by the CMP to handle an appeal -- as a result, I placed you in command of the CIC/the OP while I took care of it. Afterwards I had to handle a marine's access so they could so some shipside work, and you were gone. So after I was personally approached by an SO who spoke about nothing getting done and no commands being given, I recalled you to the CIC to lead/command the marines (as you were originally ordered).

After sitting around for a few seconds, you scream on comms about me subjecting the marines to death by not letting you handle Req. I understood that Req was in bad shape, but I also was receiving pretty consistent complaints that command was nonexistant. So after some more discussion where you continued to claim that I wanted marines to die by keeping you in the CIC and that I was giving bad orders, I ordered that MPs detain you for disrespect.

Throughout the process of you being detained and after your detainment, you continued to be disrespectful, insubordinate, and apparently seditious (according to your conversations with the CMP, which scored you a sedition charge - I believe that has to do with your "till CO died or was stripped of power" line). So, given that you had a stack of charges amounting to permabrig and among those charges was a capital crime, I was well within my rights to order your execution, per Marine Law.

Everything was stated in the announcement -- including name, crime, mode of execution, location, and time. And you did write up an appeal, which the CMP reviewed. I did not deny you the right to an appeal; in fact, I refused to look at it, given that I ordered your arrest. But the CMP and I both agreed that the charges on you were valid, and there was no justifying an appeal. While it is true I decided against letting you fax it out, I see nowhere in ML which states you are entitled to send your appeal via fax. I delegated to the CMP, and following a brief discussion where we (and the other MPs present) agreed that the charges were valid, your execution was carried out.

I mean, I don't know what to tell you, really. I think this can be summed up as "do the crime, do the time". Granted, you were shot and you didn't serve time, but it's the principle. That being said, no hard feelings -- I do hope to see you in the CIC at some point in the future, albeit in better circumstances perhaps.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Council will look into this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings.

I was the Chief of Military Police during that round.

You were ordered to be arrested by the Commanding Officer for Disrespect to a Superior Officer, which carries a 15 minute sentence and is stackable.

Upon further review you were found to of not only left your post in the AIC (CIC) but also to of openly defy their orders and stated you wished to seem them stripped of rank. Due to the multiple offences being issued repeatedly and your actions leaving the Marines without Command, I charged you with Sedition.

Your appeal was read by myself and the Commanding Officer. I requested permanent confinement to the brig over Execution as I believe executions to be excessive in most, if not all instances.

However, the Commanding Officer requested the execution be carried out and as I saw no reason in the SOP or Marine Law that would prevent you from being executed, it was carried out by Firing Squad (Two MPs armed with L42 Pulse Carbines) under my Order at 13:18 per the Commanding Officers Orders in Announcement. You were decapitated by L42 rounds.

Your charge and time of execution was read out over announcements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council has reviewed this report.

Even though you may not agree with the Captain, you cannot tell him that he is getting marines killed and that he is doing a bad job giving orders. This is considered an insult. So Scsnv was in the right to have MPs arrest you. After that, the time you spent with the CMP got you the perma into execution. If those charges the CMP gave you after the initial arrest were invalid, then it would be a problem of the CMP and not the Captain.

The council recommends no action taken.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so we reviewed the logs internally and what Scsnv and Decker said pretty much checks out. You failed to follow orders and through Marine Law, you were prosecuted by valid means. As such, no rule breaks occurred and no actions taken by the CMP or CO were controversial. As such, no action is required here.