User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite unorthodox loadouts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favorite unorthodox loadouts

Theirs always talk about whats on meta, off meta and whats the best kit to use for peak unga efficiency. But whats your favorite loadouts that you don't see as often, less so what is most gamey and what you find the most fun personally (albeit alot of players probably find being most effective the most fun). The more creative and unique the better.

Heres some of mine

Buck Suey: M37 shotgun (Buckshot, Gyro, Magnet,) + Machete. Hold both of them akimbo, run with light armor and be a speedy resin clearing assault trooper. Follow up your buck stuns with machete chops for cool, scenic finishers. You will probably die a lot at first but with good footwork and backup its a very fun playstyle and you look like a total badass (or a complete fool).

Boombox man: Literally just run around with a box of grenades, be the dedicated unga bomberman. Focus on stunned or wounded xenos to get those sweet gib finishers and be the madman you always were deep down. Have a magnet shotty or something available on backup.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back: machete
    Suit slot: machete
    waist: machete
    Pockets: knives
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Back: machete
    Suit slot: machete
    waist: machete
    Pockets: knives
    when can we get a machete pouch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    b18 machete spec is based and redpilled

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahKirchner View Post
    b18 machete spec is based and redpilled
    until you get bwoinked for not using your spec gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revengineer: M37 Shotgun with Wooden Stock, Rail Flashlight, Angled Grip, and Slug Rounds + UA 571C Sentry Gun

Laugh as you chain stun beno�s in front of your no-longer-shite sentry/allies. Bonus points if you use the following kill one-liners:
    �I told ya don�t touch that darn thing.�
    �Y�all gotta run a lot faster than that.�
    �You�re a looooooong way from France, boy.� (Lurker)
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An extinguisher on my medic.

I did it once on accident and now carry it every game. I put what feels like 2 marines out a round.

I also often carry (literally) a machette on me. I wish I could fit it in a pocket slot..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Revengineer: M37 Shotgun with Wooden Stock, Rail Flashlight, Angled Grip, and Slug Rounds + UA 571C Sentry Gun

Laugh as you chain stun beno�s in front of your no-longer-shite sentry/allies. Bonus points if you use the following kill one-liners:
    �I told ya don�t touch that darn thing.�
    �Y�all gotta run a lot faster than that.�
    �You�re a looooooong way from France, boy.� (Lurker)
    I've actually never properly played engineer before but might have to give this a go, I imagine stunning ayys infront of a sentry would be a great salt mine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of an unorthodox loadout that I find viable. I go for a 'Combat Medic' loadout in recent months as a Medic.

Essentially, I take a M41A and a Shotgun on me as a Medic (Usually a standard burst build for the rifle and a-grip/mag build for the shotty). I use a Medical Rig to hold my standard supplies and a defibrillator, a medkit pouch for extra trauma/burn/splints and a large gen pouch for extra pills.

While I can't carry the same massive amount of medical supplies a more traditional loadout would allow, this loadout nonetheless still gives me a generous amount of supplies to work with, and I have greater staying power in a fight and can contribute in a more aggressive manner.

Generally, I find this loadout to be more fun and engaging, playing a standard medic for years has gotten stale. Allthough I think this Combat Medic loadout requires a higher degree of robustness and situational awareness on the users part, to avoid getting yourself killed or seriously maimed.

One of my bigger accomplishments with this loadout was successfully retreating though a hivelord spam nest, killing three xenos and warding off another two while successfully evacing another Marine to safety, although the rest of the marine force got wiped out due to bad positioning.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too Gyro loadout: Take the B18 kit as spec and break into req, hold the entire req staff hostage while you take two gyroscopic stabilizers, webbing, AP M41A ammo, and other attachments while holding off the entire MP team and telling admins what you're doing isn't powergaming. Oh also throw away the grenade launcher in disposals.