User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite unorthodox loadouts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the loadout that I've recently settled on is fairly unorthodox.
    On my back I bring an L42 with a stock and a B8 scope because fuck worrying about FF.
    A machete in the armor slot. If I find an axe or an alien sword it gets switched out for the machete.
    Belt full of ammo. Armor and webbing have ammo too.
    Medical pouch with four syringes in it.
    Large general pouch which starts with bandages and ointment in it but ends up being filled with whatever I managed to loot. Usually a roller bed, fire extinguisher, or both.
    A helmet labelled ("Brain Bucket") and stuffed full of burritos.
    Medium armor labelled ("MAXIMUM UNGA"). I'm not set on this phrase though. I might change it soon.
    Throwing knife in my boot.

I support, guard flanks, and secure kills on xenos that hit crit just off screen (which happens more often than you might think). If there's a full on battle I'm in the second rank shooting through allies in order to maximize the burst DPS on anything that sticks it's nose out.
    Last edited by UnwaveringGrey; 06-05-2019 at 12:01 AM. Reason: I FORGOT THE BOOT KNIFE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flare guy. No specific loadout really, I've tried several and all work fine. Basically, just focus on keeping the area lit up for your fellow marines and shoot when needed. Don't wander off since you will not have the unga power to fight alone. Works best with the vanguard imo, because most of them will not have flares.

Best success I've had with this as far as kills go is with IFF carbine/stock/ext mags. Keep the areas on the outside of your screen (when zoomed in) lit up and shoot at retreating/downed enemies. However, this loadout is not really designed for getting kills. You are there to support by keeping vision on the enemies. Yes they will melt flares, which is why you only engage when needed and bring a shitload of them (two flares pouches and backpack gives you 72 flares alone). Medical shit goes in your helmet. Rail lights on any gun that is not the IFF carbine works best for me, but do whatever you feel. The overall point is to make the map GROSSLY INCANDESCENT. I like doing this build when I am trying to have a chill round, while still helping out the marines. Also easy to pickup if you are new to the game.
    Last edited by SirMandrake; 06-06-2019 at 04:31 AM. Reason: The update a few days ago made a change in the number of flares. Epic
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, right, I forgot about flare gun. It can lit marines and benos on fire if they are hit directly. It has small scope, so it's always fun to burn whatever beno comes to melt flares you just shoot. I'm still up to challenge to kill a beno with it.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to go JTAC Medic lately for some reason:

Shotgun with a stock, agrip, rail light, and loaded with slugs
    Webbing vest filled with five handfuls of slugs.
    Light armor with a handful of slugs and tactical binoculars.
    Lifesaver kit with no autoinjectors, all the trauma kits and one burn kit from the medkit, and an extra bottle of tram, bica, and kelo.
    Medical pouch with the splints from the Lifesaver kit and medkit along with another stack.
    Satchel containing the medevac stretcher, two roller beds, three stasis bags, and a defib.
    Flare pouch with all the flares replaced with signal flares.

I end up sacrificing space for supplies to get ammo and the ability to call in CAS/mortar/OB strikes, so that's nice.

As a PO main, though, I have to say there's not many unorthodox dropship loadouts that are particularly useful for fire missions. Everything people like Athena, Juro (he actually did some of the earliest fire missions), and myself were early adopters of (from using GAUs/minis mainly, adding in the laser gun, and removing rockets to the double medevac stretchers) is used in some variant of most POs' setups now.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exclusively using the tactical binoculars and signal flares as JTAC. I have a rifle. I never use it.
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hands = 2 M37 with gyro

Suit= m37 with gyro

Back = m37 without gyro due scabbard

Literally beno destroyer

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call it "The 9 Dead Bugs Challenge"

You have to carry 9 Revolvers, you must get 9 kills, and you must win the round.

EDIT:

I WAS SO WRONG

Last edited by TheDexFiles; 06-06-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like wasting space and being inefficient now in days after years of minmaxing my loadouts.

M41mk1 on my back with maybe a reflex sight
    M41mk1 ammo in an ammo rig on my belt if I can't find a motion tracker to slap there. Smart marines use motions lads, sack your pointless ammo for motions anyday.
    Med or light armor, holds my gas mask and mre
    Pistol holster packing 1911 on my armor slot filled with any mags the SL and req get me.
    First aid pouch and medium general with whatever nonsense I feel like, usually a Fulton and or cas bino, unless I got a motion tracker then it's a mag and bino or two mags till I find bino.
    Maybe a webbing with extra bullshit if I find some to loot, ammo goes here and is a must have if I get a motion tracker. Though brown webbing can be worked by moving ammo to the armor and general pouch and mre/gasmask/bino/fultons to webbing. Kinda clever.

Loadout is dumb cus I draw my pistol with E and not my rifle, makes holding my rifle out an intentional act and drawing my pistol my realistic first response to getting prank engaged by benos, though the motion tracker is ment to help with that issue. Ammo blows so m41mk1. Fultons and Cas because anyone with braincells marks cas and anyone with double digit iq hits those mother fucking fultons. MRE is bae and gasmask is a useless meme, just don't move and gas no hurt you. *taps big brain temple
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    Hands = 2 M37 with gyro

Suit= m37 with gyro

Back = m37 without gyro due scabbard

Literally beno destroyer
    I have great news for you bruh, they made it where you can use a shotgun on your back without a scabbard a while back so you can have 4 gyros now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I have great news for you bruh, they made it where you can use a shotgun on your back without a scabbard a while back so you can have 4 gyros now.
    Aoi Bell niggas be like, I NEED FOUR GYROOS
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.