User Tag List

Thread: Unknown - Rule 14, 16. Unlawful BE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unknown - Rule 14, 16. Unlawful BE.

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    Yuliy

Your Character Name?
    Alysha 'Nutjob' COoper

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Jason Hakim

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1:50 KST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 14, 16. Unlawful BE.

Description of the incident:
    As a CMP after massive munity against XO for the bad OB, I headed to the XO for the arrest to follow the procedure of the Munity.
    However Jason Hakim, who woke up from the cryo just right after the Munity, came to to the medical bay and stopped my arrest by dragging the XO away.
    As I thought the CO would make some words then follow the procedure so I have stood on the corner, but instead without a word, CO made an aggressive grab on the XO and started to slam their head to the table.
    I have tasered the CO to stop the violent action against XO, and explained why I should arrest the XO and told the Munity. But soon after the CO stood up, Jason Hakim shot the Mateba right up to my head, Decapping me. (Rule 16 violation)
    Soon after I died, he slammed the XO's face to the table till they die. (Rule 14 violation)

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    N/A

How you would punish the accused:
    Removal of the whitelist first, adding additional punishment on the Rule 14 violation

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CO Council is looking at this and has logs. So we will update with a verdict when finished.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Delta SG this round, and it was a terrible round for marines. The XO OBeing marines twice was seriously brutal, and very obviously griefing, so there was a mutiny. After a successful mutiny, Jason spawned, and tried to restore order. As the leader of the mutiny I requested that the newly awakened Captain handle all of the people that wronged us, especially the command staff that did the OBs. He obliged, as I had successfully taken the CIC, and when the CMP tried to stop the XO I can understand how the Captain reacted. This was a hectic round, and honestly I just don't think the Captain should be banned for this because of the circumstances. I play very regularly, and I have not seen this level of griefing from CIC in a while. It was very obvious that the XO and SOs/RO that were working with them were metacomming, so imagine the POV of the Captain after all that death, when the CMP tried to stop the punishment the mutineers (which I was leader of). I understand the frustration, but I do not feel like a ban is reasonable punishment.
    Last edited by SirMandrake; 06-05-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm Jason Hakim, I played the Captain late into your round. It's unfortunate that I killed you, yes, but I'm going to dissect what actually happened.

I came into the round, and first thing I hear is "Oh god, oh fuck, the Command staff are UPP plants, Captain, save us!" I pass by requisitions, and the RO and some CTs were gunning a marine down, I really didn't get it but I dragged the marine to medical. When I get to the CIC it is inhabited by wounded marines, Staff Officers just shuffling around wordlessly, and heads of many marines were thrown at my feet. Marines like Goosen and Jackson Dee were trying to explain what the fuck happened, and I didn't really like any of it. An XO who authorized, or atleast allowed 2 OB's to occur on marines was extremely poorly regarded by me, and obviously by everyone else playing, so I went to go find him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    As a CMP after massive munity against XO for the bad OB, I headed to the XO for the arrest to follow the procedure of the Munity.
    However Jason Hakim, who woke up from the cryo just right after the Munity, came to to the medical bay and stopped my arrest by dragging the XO away.
    I dragged you away, and we had this autistic drag-off competetion going on. I told you to step aside, as I tried to speak with the poorly dressed, ill-disguised XO. I wanted him to explain himself, and he was typing out a storm so I gave him 5 seconds. He replied with what was perhaps some of the least sympathetic monkey English I have ever had the displeasure of reading in my entire life, so I had confirmed my gut feeling, and resolved that this man was no longer fit to be alive on the ship.

As I thought the CO would make some words then follow the procedure so I have stood on the corner, but instead without a word, CO made an aggressive grab on the XO and started to slam their head to the table.
    I have tasered the CO to stop the violent action against XO, and explained why I should arrest the XO and told the Munity. But soon after the CO stood up, Jason Hakim shot the Mateba right up to my head, Decapping me. (Rule 16 violation)
    The prisoner was not handcuffed and I had no way of knowing you decided they were "under arrest" though to be fair I had already made up my mind. You tazed me as I was putting this man down like a dog, which was Assault, and we exchanged some words, I couldn't let you undermine my authority in this execution, resolving the situation to the 20+ marines standing outside, watching these events. It was impressive, you actually dodged 2 or 3 shots like it was the Matrix, honestly incredible. I wholeheartedly expected you to taze me a second time, and it didn't happen, which was very disappointing. I also learned after the fact that you punched me, which I didn't notice, and I don't believe you did on purpose, and that had nothing to do with me killing you.

Soon after I died, he slammed the XO's face to the table till they die. (Rule 14 violation)
    I put down the XO in the most degrading, pathetic, and humiliating way possible, because he was nothing less than a griefer who had wasted over an hour and a half of everybody's time. He begged for his life in LOOC, and I really wasn't having it.
    The Staff Officers were in on it, obviously metafriends, since 2 of them made attempts on my life and succeeded post dropship crash. Thankfully we had marines on board, and they killed every shitter they saw.

It wasn't worth it, only for the fact that they had already completely lost the operation. I only discovered this after I killed you both and finally got a chance to sit my lazy ass down on the CIC chair to view the tac map. Pretty fucked up round, not gonna lie. I hope the two of us can look back fondly on this round, especially since I don't think you're one of the bad CMP regulars.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Council has reviewed this report.

There are two problems: Wrestling for control over the XO and the BE on the CMP.

I would like to take this time to make something perfectly clear: Captains SHOULD NOT be wrestling with MPs for dibs on who can execute the player. If an MP has someone under control, don't fight them! They are under MP custody. So this was one issue that we have here in the Council.

Another, and more grievous issue, is that the CMP was BE'd. The justification for this BE was that the CMP was interfering with a legal BE, which makes them also eligible. However, the BE was not legal as the player was under MP custody.

Soluable was warned for an improper BE in the past, however due to the heavily chaotic nature of the round we are willing to give ONE AND LAST FINAL WARNING. Any captain whitelist infraction will lead to serious punishment in the future.

The council recommends a SERIOUS warning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late reply. Due to the monstrous rl issues I had to deal through, I wasn't checking the forum.
    After numerous talk between the peoples that were related and couple peoples on the council from the Discord for couple days, I thought it was just a mass cluster mess where everyone was having trouble to act with a clear thoughts. While both of us, CO and I, tried to settle this down the situation after the mutiny, simply the method of two weren't matching.
    Pulling the report off, however I hope Jason learned they shouldn't touch the peoples when MPs are already handling the issue; While so am I have learned that I should put my hands off when BE is on the action.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding SolubleWhenWet and past reports, no official reports were ever made so this is his first real infraction. With that said, this is not acceptable behavior not due to a rule issue, but mostly disrupting round flow by killing the CMP for mostly just doing their job. There was a lot of debate on when police custody starts and ends but I would say that if the MP have a guy who isn't going anywhere, they're pretty much in custody. If you have to question if someone is in custody, well it's probably too late then. Going forward, I hope that we won't be having anymore MP/CO related issues like this and as Soluble's first real infraction, I expect it to be the last. Soluble has been made acutely aware of what's expected of him going forward so this case is resolved.