Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enyonggg - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Enyonggg

Player Name You Use Most?
    Cha Jin-Wook

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    I didn't received last month. Also, the perma ban isn't my fault or my doings. I've played long enough than my Bro and I was in shocked when I couldn't log in anymore when I tried to log in. So I wait for 1 year cause I don't have enough time to make an appeal and because of that I forgot my accs which leads me to make a new acc especially in discord

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Executions are a serious matter to perform as a Ccommander, it allows for you to execute any staff (except for the CMP) if you feel they are a threat to the operation, and you are required to state a reason to as why. As a commander, your marines and crew are your ASSETS, so removing one of them isn't something you should do if some PFC throws a tray at your head. If I were to see a marine constantly doing things like assaulting vital crew, for instance doctors, or sabotaging telecommunications. This is a final method of securing the safety of the Almayer, and the operation as a whole. I would use it as a maximum punishment if a marine breaks a law that has a death penalty, but there is no time to waste in such formalities or if I don�t have any MPs available to perform the arrest and wait for a proper moment to do a Regular execution, since time is critical during OP.I understand that executing a player would remove him/her from the current operation or round, therefore before making that decision, I would reflect every aspect of the accused charges of that particular marine or person before making my final decision, so therefore it should only be done if you feel that there's no possible other way to get the target to change their malicious ways.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    The first thing I would try to do is approach them about the issue, and hear them out. If what they are doing is beneficial to the operation, I would tell them to please tell me next time if they want to make a change in plans.

However, if what they are doing is not beneficial to the operation, and is getting people killed I would ask the person in question to please follow my orders or else I will have them arrested.

If they continue disobeying orders, I would have the Military Police come and arrest them for insubordination.

If there are no Military Police available, my last resort option would have to be a battlefield execution. This is obviously not the route I would want to take, but sometimes it is necessary for the operation and for the fun for others.

Example:

If an SO is intentionally and willfully working against my orders, for example demoralizing the men or causing a retreat, I�d ask them to stop it and restore order with their men. If they continue doing it, I would call for MPs and ask for the SO to be brigged for insubordination. I don�t think there should ever be a time when the CO BE�s someone in the CIC unless the CIC is in mortal peril. The CIC is not a battlefield, and a BE in the CIC in these cases is inappropriate and serves only as a gratuitous ego booster for the CO.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The role of commander is to lead an operation successfully and to keep the men under their command alive and well so they can see another day of battle in the USCM. Being of sound mind and having the tactical knowledge to lead a battalion to victory against whatever hostile force that comes up against them. Using the knowledge of the battlefield and information from those underneath you (SO's and XO's typically. Perhaps the CMO, CE, and Synthetic unit) to judge what needs to be done at a moment notice. Knowing that having direct command over a marine or squad is unnecessary and allowing the personnel under you to lead when needed and to take over when deemed necessary. The job of commander also pertains to the control of a USCM military vessel leading a tactical operation with enough force for a commander to be taken seriously, but not enough force to cause those under your command to dismiss and come to despise you as you do not take their advice or ignore them.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it? Overall the situation of disobeying orders while against marine law depends on the circumstance and reasoning of why my orders would be disobeyed. If the order was time critical and they had decided to disobey my orders I would request a proper reason immediately on why they chose to disobey me. If the reason isn't proper I would remind them of how, as commander, they are under my command and that as per the chain of command they should be doing as I say or they will be arrested. I would then, depending on the severity, let them off if they changed their mind and do as I say, though if not I would call for MPs to arrest them and order the squad myself. If the order was minimal when it comes to what I needed done such as getting me something, then I would have them arrested for disobeying my orders as there would be no reasoning to not do as I have asked. In the end if what was done was mission critical or if they caused a problem that causes the death of several marines under their direct command, I would give out a Battlefield Execution for causing marine losses without a good enough justification while under my command.Though if there was nothing that could be done with the loss of marine lives I would have a talk with them in my office. In the end it all comes down to what was said and if they can back up a good enough reason to disobey what I ordered.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    More like how will I play CO? There are many ways to say how I'll do the role of Commander so I'll keep it short and simple. I intend to play smart. I'll monitor the ship, departments and marines. I want to keep my marines alive to my best ability while at the same time making smart, IC choices that'll, with a bit of luck and marine strength secure us victory. When I can, I'd like to RP rather than be silence. I know a decent bit of lore and if presented the opportunity, can play along with what comes my way.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I�ve been playing SO and SL for a long time now and I believe I am ready for the role. I won�t lie, a long time ago I initially I feared even going SO, but I worked my way into it and grew comfortable. So comfortable I even made a character to play SO specifically now and then. Now, many months later, I�ve worked my way into XO. I�ve become confident in that role too and now believe I have the capability and knowledge to move on from XO and, if you�ll have me, become a Commander.

Skill wise I absolutely have the skills and knowledge required to become a Commander. I�ve extensively played SO, SL, MAIN MEDIC and Engineer before as Cha Jin Wook with sprinklings of every other role except CE. It is my belief that I can once again adapt and become a good Commander just as I�ve adapted and learned to be a good MEDIC, SO, and XO.

What do I contribute? Well, I intend to be an honorable, dignified, and intelligent Commander. Big promises I know, but I hope I can bring my own �spice� into the scene without becoming a meme.

Activity? I�ve been active in the forums and in game for awhile and while some of you likely don�t know the name Baharda �Gurkha� Tapha, or some other names I�ve been using you may know Cha Jin-Wook. I�ve played just about every role and while my character name has changed what I�ve learned in the past certainly hasn�t.

In short, I believe you can trust me with the role and to be capable Commander who is faithful to the role, the rules, and the crew of the USS Almayer.

Your story (potential topics listed below)

I'M A SOLDIER, BORN TO DIE

In September 2160, Lance Corporal Cha Jin-Wook and his squad were sent on a rescue mission at Solaris Ridge.

Of his entire 12-person team, Only Cha Jin-Wook make it out alive.

That morning, we loaded into the Alamo and I get tapped on the shoulder and I got told that I need to bounce up at the other ship which is the Normandy. I said �Catch you guys in the flipside.� And that was the last thing I ever said to them.

Next thing I know, I just hear the loudest explosion and I see, that�s my Squad�s Ship that got hit. The bombed flipped it upside down, it ripped completely in half, and everything inside of it was just parts. And uh, we got to wait for the another ship to come to recover them� so the guys from the rest of our platoon had to go out there with blankets, and cover up these body parts, so dogs don�t come and grab my friend�s arm and have a meal.

When I got back into our room for the first time it was just a mess, you know. We had to spend the next couple of days just packing all this shit up, and mailing it home to their families. Mailing their letters that they hadn�t mailed and cleaning up the dishes they hadn�t cleaned up and there�s dirty laundry� It was all I had left of my friends. And uh, when I got home, I knew that I would meet these guy�s parents, their girlfriends and their brothers and sisters and it�s hard because I feel guilty for being the one guy left. But I also feel a responsibility. I better make sure that everybody knows who these guys were, what these guys did. And you know� I am most proud of not blowing my head off by now. It�s just a whole lot easier if you�re dead but that shouldn�t be your tribute to your dead friends. When they�re looking down on you, they don�t want you to be living in the moment that killed them. You made it. You got home. You should honor their memory by living the life that they didn�t get to live.

Squad leader Marc Echo, Team leader Scott Ivors, Team leader Cheng Chan, Team leader Nathan Harold, Team leader Kryth Cross, Lance Corporal Jackson Dee, Lance Corporal Tom Dinkle, Lance Corporal Ed Wafflecone, Lance Corporal James Mckinsley, Private Martin Simmons and Private Benjamin� Rest in Peace.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-07-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll support him for being a good roleplayer and being active in game. I can say that he's more better than any Captain. Also this XO has a better strategy and announcement.

As a brother, I told him not to make an captain whitelist yet like last month but he earned it well. +1

PS. He didn't force me to give him +1 but he's persistent or willing to become a Captain. You earned it.
    Last edited by ChengChan; 06-06-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

I read the application and the answers are to my liking. The story does not really highlight you as a captain it's more of a little story blurb of an event (which I die in............................. jk). However, I'll overlook the story not being super relevant to your character being or becoming a Captain due to how much I like your answers.

I have never seen you before but I have been told you have 200+ hours last month and 50+ this month. So, I will give you a fair shake by doing the following: I would like to watch you play an XO round, but you play in a far different time zone as me. So, I am willing to wake up around the same time you play to observe how you perform so I can get first hand experience on how you play. Get in touch with me and let me know what time I should be on CM to be able to observe one of your rounds.

I will remain neutral until I see you in action.

EDIT: You were my SO a few rounds ago. You did a very good briefing, very HRP and engaging. Your orders were good, your announcements were good. This showing plus your answers makes me confident you can be a good Captain.

+1
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 06-07-2019 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    Hi.

I read the application and the answers are to my liking. The story does not really highlight you as a captain it's more of a little story blurb of an event (which I die in............................. jk). However, I'll overlook the story not being super relevant to your character being or becoming a Captain due to how much I like your answers.

I have never seen you before but I have been told you have 200+ hours last month and 50+ this month. So, I will give you a fair shake by doing the following: I would like to watch you play an XO round, but you play in a far different time zone as me. So, I am willing to wake up around the same time you play to observe how you perform so I can get first hand experience on how you play. Get in touch with me and let me know what time I should be on CM to be able to observe one of your rounds.

Aye sir, Time zone in Philippines is (GMT+8) and I usually play around 8am right after I woke up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    Hi.

EDIT: You were my SO a few rounds ago. You did a very good briefing, very HRP and engaging. Your orders were good, your announcements were good. This showing plus your answers makes me confident you can be a good Captain.

+1
    Thanks for the positve, tom!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are good, story is OK. Imhere's vouch for your quality is a good sign, and I observed you myself for awhile and was very pleasantly surprised.

You look to be an all-around solid command player, and I have no reason to oppose seeing you in the captain's chair whatsoever. So it's a +1 from me.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    Answers are good, story is OK. Imhere's vouch for your quality is a good sign, and I observed you myself for awhile and was very pleasantly surprised.

You look to be an all-around solid command player, and I have no reason to oppose seeing you in the captain's chair whatsoever. So it's a +1 from me.
    Thanks sir! God bless

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were caught along with another player during a munity surrendering and then immediately going hostile and attacking in violation of server rules.
    If you want this whitelist, you need to make sure you know what the rules are.

This is not a positive or negative vote, as I do not vote on WLs anymore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    You were caught along with another player during a munity surrendering and then immediately going hostile and attacking in violation of server rules.
    If you want this whitelist, you need to make sure you know what the rules are.

This is not a positive or negative vote, as I do not vote on WLs anymore.
    Aye sir, was trying to do my best to stop them till I got hit by some delta who didn't hear our conversation between the leader of the mutiny so I was shocked and tried to protect myself from them between the command and mutineers. Also, I surrendered myself to MP'S since I know there was wrong out of anger. It won't be happening again. Thanks sir! God bless you always!
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 06-07-2019 at 05:53 AM.