Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion Diary

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promotion Diary

I got bored so I had an idea, I'm gonna start from the very bottom as PFC, and see if i cant make it to XO, if i survive as a role in an escape pod with no hostiles or five or less hostiles on my Z level without being in brig custody I "won" and progress to the next rank, if I get a medal of valor as sergeant or higher I'll count that as a commission. I don't have to play every role with the same rank, just one of them until I survive

I'll let you all know how it turns out and keep a record of my rounds, success or not. to make it decently challenging im not going to pussy out of deploying as marine (if it's ice colony i just wont play til next round if groundside role) and if i get to staff sergeant, I won't play MP, as it's too easy to survive as, same for CMP. Due to how fickle COs can be with medals, if a CO belivably offers me an officer commission in game as sergeant or higher, I'll count that as well, just so I don't have to stay in TC purgatory. Last rule, I have to join the round before first drop or it won't count, to avoid just joining at the last minute and cheesing the challenge

Wish me luck epic gamers

First round, prison station PFC
    I did kinda bad for a while, ran a mix of shoota and support, got FF'd a shit ton with grenades and one guy accidentally bursting me while i was recovering from an HEDP when there were no hostiles around, but he hugged me and dragged me to medics so it's kosher. Died to a warrior grabbing me, a teammate shooting them to make them run away, then got hit full bore by a crusher and got knocked into a nearby room where i was slashed to death by the warrior

another failure, wiped out a large portion of the xenos on Lv but a boiler bombard cut us off and a few of us got slaughtered, xenos held it for long enough for me to be permadead, i cri

First success, a big bread map, we fought the xenos pretty hard but we got into a war of attrition in caves, eventually we whittled their numbers down enough to disperse the delayyliens, I saved at least seven or eight marines, some living some dead, and honor dueled a cowardly ravager with a recoil comp'd SMG, alone, as a pfc medic, away from friendlies, it was a RAVAGER, i fought it til it ran away a few times, it got a lucky charge on me and killed me, but i had dodged every single one before that and it only got a few swipes in on me, I did die, but a medic defibbed and stasis bag'd me, and sure i was ALMOST dead, but i was heading to almayer in a safeish condition and since i wasn't dead, I'll count that as a promotion, now for Lance Corporal.

Played an LV round as engineer, did pretty good for a while, died to FF, but revived and sent back up, when i went back down, CO ordered nexus breach to be fixed, so I did, but a damn runner got behind me in the cade line and pushed me all the way to fitness where i got captured, there were marines around north nexus but none of them did so much as shoot in my direction, so I died in caves a million miles away, yes I'm still bitter

Another win, Big Bread, as engineer, mostly set cades, set a sentry, managed construction materials, and did my best to put up forward cades during the fight, didnt contribute much to the fight itself though, time for corporal, aka smartgunner

Aaaand I did it, lead bravo most of the round, got some kills, a shiny robot arm ( that I'm gonna keep) and a medal for my trouble, time for sergeant.

Had a nice round of MT, helped Pos load stuff, chambered an OB that nobody used, bantered with engineering staff, did god tier reactor management, didnt die horribly, guess I'm on to squad leader now.

Had a lovely round of trijent where i mostly screamed with a few members of my squad to follow orders, most of my squad died except for a few, pyro spec was based, cas was based, tank was semi bald, I died but was revived, and got crabbed and then uncrabbed, i tried my best and my squad seemed to think I was alright, time for....tc ughhh

have had two TC rounds lately, got a medal in neither of em, this is gonna take forever, so I'm not gonna edit the diary til I get a medal, which may very well be never, at least i got a picture of alpha's cute conga line
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kooarbiter; 06-11-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This actually sounds kinda fun. Basically rogue-like CM. If you die you start right back at the bottom.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    This actually sounds kinda fun. Basically rogue-like CM. If you die you start right back at the bottom.
    dear god no, I would never beat it like that

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds neat I have a couple suggestions to prevent it from getting stale.

1. Three deaths in a row is a derank to the previous rank. I think this will make it a bit more interesting and help break it up so you arent just stuck at SGT or something (once you get the commission you dont have to re medal to get it again).

2. Any medal is a promotion to the next rank, regardless of survival. Provides some protection from baldness. If a round goes terribly you might be able to still "win" by kicking a large amount of ass.

Its neat as hell though. I would do it myself but I die MOST rounds. I just can't stand to leave marines behind. If I had a dollar for every time I was killed evacing someone...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    dear god no, I would never beat it like that
    Too bad. Well I know what I'm doing at least. We'll see how far I get.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat idea, but if you make it to XO you should apply for CO. Only way to truly complete the challenge
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Neat idea, but if you make it to XO you should apply for CO. Only way to truly complete the challenge
    Tempting if only for the meme

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I a bad person for wanting to meta target you as xeno to make you fail?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Am I a bad person for wanting to meta target you as xeno to make you fail?
    Dammit man, now hes going to go random name. Everyone else just wasn't SAYING it....

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Dammit man, now hes going to go random name. Everyone else just wasn't SAYING it....
    nah i got big dick energy today, let shake meta