User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Feature Discussion - Corporate Liaison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrus View Post
    I normally just lurk and take a look at current events, but this attitude right here is as 'entitled' as the twisted logic of 'fuck you for caring about doing your job' is.

At least the OP is trying to make the job worth playing. You? You're just telling people that they don't matter.
    Bruh this is a year old, hasn't been updated since October. The hell are you necroing this for.

Anyway, the CL doesn't have any job other than RP with the rest of the crew. Their job isn't to fax staff expecting missions to go on. Any acknowledgment by our busy staff is a privilege.

The role of CL is already very playable and interesting so long as you care about RP, since that's literally the entire point of the role.

People also, don't matter.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Bruh this is a year old, hasn't been updated since October. The hell are you necroing this for.

Anyway, the CL doesn't have any job other than RP with the rest of the crew. Their job isn't to fax staff expecting missions to go on. Any acknowledgment by our busy staff is a privilege.

The role of CL is already very playable and interesting so long as you care about RP, since that's literally the entire point of the role.

People also, don't matter.
    Imagine thinking the CL is a playable role when all they do is get meta pissed on by everyone and ignored by the admins and CIC. Although this is no doubt a necro thread, without doubt CL needs work or should be removed as the role doesn't have a purpose and exists as an ignored relic for people to cringe soft antag as.

If anything CL should be an event role ONLY if the admins being able to at their discretion spawn them, that way the role is actually not ignored by staff and they choose to run it when they actually want to look after it. As the ever round way it works doesn't work clearly and I argue this isn't a question how about to improve as much as us being willing to admit the role should only be special event.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil View Post
    Imagine thinking the CL is a playable role when all they do is get meta pissed on by everyone and ignored by the admins and CIC. Although this is no doubt a necro thread, without doubt CL needs work or should be removed as the role doesn't have a purpose and exists as an ignored relic for people to cringe soft antag as.

If anything CL should be an event role ONLY if the admins being able to at their discretion spawn them, that way the role is actually not ignored by staff and they choose to run it when they actually want to look after it. As the ever round way it works doesn't work clearly and I argue this isn't a question how about to improve as much as us being willing to admit the role should only be special event.
    Ya just gotta RP.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Ya just gotta RP.
    As can be done with any role and ignores half the mechanical problems with the role. Faxes almost always ignored because either Moderators or Administrators are naturally too busy or are bored of getting the same faxes a million times over and over again. Reducing it presence in the round by making it an event only spawns allows CL to actually get enough attention to not just be ignored meme role allowing a user to get an authentic CL experience as to the idea organically intended for the role.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil View Post
    As can be done with any role and ignores half the mechanical problems with the role. Faxes almost always ignored because either Moderators or Administrators are naturally too busy or are bored of getting the same faxes a million times over and over again. Reducing it presence in the round by making it an event only spawns allows CL to actually get enough attention to not just be ignored meme role allowing a user to get an authentic CL experience as to the idea organically intended for the role.
    Ok but, ya just gotta RP. Faxes aren't the only thing a CL can do.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the CL was made a whitelisted role and given more overt antag powers. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie, CL's role relying a lot on faxes to be fun makes it a pretty dead role sometimes.

If only CL could use the W-Y lore to give it some... economical powers maybe, that would be awesome. Right now it's just a moron forcing people to sign something and get refused by guys who don't know what RP is.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum necromancy. People don’t pay attention to CLs because every single CL does the same tiring schtick, CO we haven’t landed yet sign this NDA, survivor sign this contract, sign this other generic pre written piece of paper. We all know them. The only CLs that consistently play that are good and aren’t painful to interact with are Nelson, Hill, and Silver. Seth Taggart will always be my favorite CL because his gimmick was to actually help the operation, but he is MIA.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL can buy a WY headset key for 5 points out of his secure briefcase, I use it when I hire my own personal PMC force from the marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of the main problems with CL is they used to do more with research staff but now because research is gutted maybe they could do something with like getting more money for req. I do feel bad as I play survivor and go up and try to roleplay with the CL as often as I can